harryq

Some Cheap Vinyl at Amazon

3 hours ago, VinylMario said:

Nice! Now if only the price on "The Man Comes Around" would come around...

Before I bought it...I texted my best friend, who loves JC more than I...and I said give me your opinion on American V...

"A close second to American IV. Like not even 1 and 1A. More like 1 and 1.1"

I'll be honest...I can't keep the Americans straight...then I checked the tracklist...and shit...Sam Hall is on When The Man Comes Around. That album is the shyznite.

EDIT: OH BALLS!!! IV is $40!

Edited by Battra
IV IS FORTY DOLLARS!

20 minutes ago, Battra said:

Before I bought it...I texted my best friend, who loves JC more than I...and I said give me your opinion on American V...

"A close second to American IV. Like not even 1 and 1A. More like 1 and 1.1"

I'll be honest...I can't keep the Americans straight...then I checked the tracklist...and shit...Sam Hall is on When The Man Comes Around. That album is the shyznite.

EDIT: OH BALLS!!! IV is $40!

The whole lot of those fluctuate wildly. Keep an eye on IV and I imagine it'll drop lowish in the next few months

16 hours ago, OhBuoyancy said:

I know this is the Amazon thread but now that I see others are looking for it, TTL has B-Stock of IV for $21.95

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/johnny-cash-american-iv-the-man-comes-around-180g-vinyl-2lp

Hmm...I was gonna buy Marty Friedman tomorrow...but it IS a double payday day.............

Let me know.

3 hours ago, raeinn said:

Couple days ago got an email if I still wanted Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong's Complete Studio Master Takes. Confirmed I did and now this morning had an email that it's shipped out. Glad that one worked out!

I got the email asking if I still wanted it, too. Hopefully a shipping notification will follow...

Just got the Complete Studio Master Takes delivered a few minutes ago and Amazon actually did a flawless job of packaging it with a few other items which for me at least when involving vinyl is usually more bad then good so I was pleasantly surprised! I probably wont have time to listen to it any time real soon but if anyone else does I am really curious to how it sounds.

Thanks to the OP for the tip on Louis & Ella for $10!  It's at $70 now.  Received it yesterday and agree it's well pkg and *very* well done.

I'm only on disc 1, side 1, song 1, but a stark improvement over my CD.  Great tonality, depth and dimension.  Ella sounds fantastic.  Now, this isn't a great comparison but regardless, the vinyl sounds great.  I think the mix is a bit bassy (but smooth, not fading in and out) and there's some sibilance coming from Louis, but that is most likely my setup.  Again, only on 1/1/1!

2 minutes ago, justincb said:

I've found that shopping in person at a thrift store is a really good deal, and you can look at the records before you buy them.  The only problem is that they are often in poor condition, but there are some good ones.  Thrift stores sometimes have acetates, too(but usually home recordings).

K.