harryq

Some Cheap Vinyl at Amazon

31 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

Been waiting to get this one. Great find!!! This album was the first cassette I ever owned. 10 years old and banging my head to Trapped Under Ice.

Just a heads up.. Amazon has this listed as the 2014 pressing which gets very mediocre to awful reviews while the newer 2016 ( cut by Chris Bellman) is the polar opposite and gets very good reviews. 

Knowing Amazon you could still end up getting the 2016 version so it might still be worth the gamble but I would check it right after receiving it  to see what version you got.

Edited by hype

22 minutes ago, hype said:

Just a heads up.. Amazon has this listed as the 2014 pressing which gets very mediocre to awful reviews while the newer 2016 ( cut by Chris Bellman) is the polar opposite and gets very good reviews. 

Knowing Amazon you could still end up getting the 2016 version so it might still be worth the gamble but I would check it right after receiving it  to see what version you got.

How can you tell based on the posting?

16 minutes ago, merlecakes said:

How can you tell based on the posting?

under Product Details it says 2014.. Also, the only two reviews for vinyl from this year on Amazon complain about how bad it sounds. You got to Sherlock the details these days haha

If you really want the album and haven't had to return much lately I would say it could still be worth the risk though since it is a great price if you get the 2016 version.

48 minutes ago, hype said:

under Product Details it says 2014.. Also, the only two reviews for vinyl from this year on Amazon complain about how bad it sounds. You got to Sherlock the details these days haha

If you really want the album and haven't had to return much lately I would say it could still be worth the risk though since it is a great price if you get the 2016 version.

Thanks I have the "MOFI" pressing of Kill them All and it is pretty lousy. Is this 2014 RTL the same deal?

The listing says it's the Rhino Blackened pressing and it's 2 discs. Well, the 2 discs is wrong, but I thought the Rhino Blackened was the 2016 pressing.

Edited by zdkaiser

51 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

Thanks I have the "MOFI" pressing of Kill them All and it is pretty lousy. Is this 2014 RTL the same deal?

The listing says it's the Rhino Blackened pressing and it's 2 discs. Well, the 2 discs is wrong, but I thought the Rhino Blackened was the 2016 pressing.

Yeah, I think they really went all out and did proper remasters for the 2016 editions it seems but I am not sure how good they are across the entire catalog.  The 2014 edition was not even a true remaster though it was just a reissue from the 2008 Warner Bros. remaster which also got awful reviews.

What makes the Amazon listing a bit more confusing though is that both the 2014 and 2016 releases were released on Metallica's Blackened label.

23 minutes ago, hype said:

Yeah, I think they really went all out and did proper remasters for the 2016 editions it seems but I am not sure how good they are across the entire catalog.  The 2014 edition was not even a true remaster though it was just a reissue from the 2008 Warner Bros. remaster which also got awful reviews.

What makes the Amazon listing a bit more confusing though is that both the 2014 and 2016 releases were released on Metallica's Blackened label.

Shit... It does seem to be the Warner Bros repress. I hope Amazon gets it wrong and sends us the 2016. That 2014 pressing has some of the worst reviews...

14 hours ago, VinylMario said:

Shit... It does seem to be the Warner Bros repress. I hope Amazon gets it wrong and sends us the 2016. That 2014 pressing has some of the worst reviews...

Another option for you guys....Out of the 3 Best Buy's I have been to over the past few months, they have all had the Blackened pressing of RTL. Just price matched Amazon's 9.76 price with no issues. 

On 8/26/2017 at 8:32 AM, Fowty Dollaz said:

Late, but that Ella/ Louie came yesterday (after a long while) and man that set is nice. Much nicer than expected.

Dang, I just got the standard 'you have to confirm your order' email to let them know I still want it.

Here are some good records you might not have considered without some sort of recommendation. Very mixed genres, mostly electronic or punk-ish, many of which only have 1-3 copies left, and all under $10 with Prime, so hop on 'em now if you want something different.

Ryan Hemsworth - Guilt Trips: $8.86

Celebration - Albumen: $9.93

From Bubblegum to Sky - A Soft Kill: $8.93

Plague Vendor - Free to Eat: $9.00

Flabbergast - No.1: $7.05

Napolian - Incursio: $9.97

Sun Drug - S/T: $7.42

Bad Powers - S/T: $8.48

Mary Epworth - Dream Life - $8.69

Lust for Youth - Compassion: $9.33

If I were to recommend any of these personally, I'd say go for Napolian (I've owned this for a while, it's really good), Ryan Hemsworth (also own it, a fun listen), or Mary Epsworth (probably gonna get it soon after having found it just recently).

Edited by Aych

1 minute ago, psus2h said:

What makes it so shitty?  Was the remaster not well received?  Or does it skip like crazy like TBA did?

My friend had a copy, and from what he said, it's brick-walled to hell, and lacks a dynamic sound. It might have too much on a single side, as well. I can't remember that part. 

39 minutes ago, psus2h said:

What makes it so shitty?  Was the remaster not well received?  Or does it skip like crazy like TBA did?

To me, the '14 presses of the first two records  sounded like listening on a super shitty setup, with blankets over the speakers, while I was two rooms over with the door closed.  Although I found both the '16 KIA and RTL sounded great.

3 minutes ago, Dusted_By_Space said:

To me, the '14 presses of the first two records  sounded like listening on a super shitty setup, with blankets over the speakers, while I was two rooms over with the door closed.  Although I found both the '16 KIA and RTL sounded great.

Still rocking my OG Megaforce KEA and RTL.  Thanks for the tip's everyone.  Still under $10 isn't bad.  

Thanks to everyone who keep posting great deals.