harryq

Some Cheap Vinyl at Amazon

1 minute ago, hype said:

Yeah, those are shit to me too haha

Every once in awhile I get that offer but 95% of the time I get this one which is a nice little addition when I do not need an item quick.

FREE No-Rush ShippingGet a $1 reward for select digital items. Details

cool, will def keep an eye out...

12 hours ago, hype said:

For anyone with No Rush Credits they are applying towards most orders right now which I have never seen before. Not sure if this is an error or on purpose but I was able to grab a few albums using them.

Was wondering why I had a $5 dollar credit on my order of dog treats last night. Just checked out right away before the discount was no longer there lol.

Got my Hardwired... today and it ended up being sealed with no defects at all.

Counterparts - Tragedy Will Find Us - $10.99 (Prime) - http://amzn.to/2CR5UfT

Jenny Lewis - The Voyager - $9.23 (Prime) - http://amzn.to/2CFHqsA

Leonard Cohen - Songs Of Love And Hate - $9.96 (Prime) - http://amzn.to/2lTT20s

Natalie Prass - Natalie Prass - $13.66 (Prime) - http://amzn.to/2Cr8GaK

Weyes Blood - Front Row Seat To Earth - $14.29 (Prime) - http://amzn.to/2lThY8i

August Burns Red - Found In Far Away Places - $12.08 - Used Very Good or normal prime is $12.99 which is the lowest ever according to camelcamelcamel.

Nirvana - Bleach - $12.38 - Used Very Good

Parquet Courts - Performing Human (Single) - $3.15 - Used Like New

State Champs - Around the World and Back - $7.76 - Used Like New

Thirty Seconds to Mars - A Beautiful Lie - $10.46 - Used Very Good

Saosin - Along the Shadows - $10.64 - Used Like New

Bruno Mars - 24k Magic - $9.89 - Used Good

Deer Hunter - Fading Frontier - $6.90 - Used Very Good

Northlane - Mesmer - $13.19 - Used Very Good

Feist - Pleasure - $10.96 - Used Very Good

26 minutes ago, fondfarewell said:

Amazon cutting costs on packaging? Here’s how my copy of U2’s “War” showed up today. FFS. Thankfully no damage, even in the snowstorm. 

awqkoi.jpg

That's absurd. I don't quibble over a dinged/creased corner here and there, but sheesh.

I was really happy when Amazon upgraded their shipping for vinyl a while back and started using the cardboard mailers or even putting a cardboard mailer inside a box with the plastic filler crap. I hope your copy of War is just a one off goof on their part.

1 hour ago, fondfarewell said:

Amazon cutting costs on packaging? Here’s how my copy of U2’s “War” showed up today. FFS. Thankfully no damage, even in the snowstorm. 

awqkoi.jpg

Shoot them some feedback about the packaging. That’s messed up. You lucked out that it’s not damaged. I’ve ordered lots of vinyl from Amazon and never gotten one like this. 

20 hours ago, fondfarewell said:

awqkoi.jpg

Was it delivered via Amazon courier? That could explain it. Possibly shipped to NY in a larger container, then picked up by one of the local drivers. In which case they may be banking on it only being handled by a few people, and by hand.

Or whoever packed it could hate U2. 

22 hours ago, fondfarewell said:

awqkoi.jpg

I had amazon uk ship pink floyd animals to me the same way. It made it all the way to the USA without a single ding.  I was amazed that it surived.

I have had 1-2 like this, I think it is just an occasional lazy warehouse worker more than anything. One time I even got a warehouse deal and the record came with a piece of scotch tape stopping the vinyl from slipping out and they just threw the shipping label on the back of the cover. @[email protected]  .. Somehow it was magically in great shape still but def. unacceptable haha

2 hours ago, hype said:

I have had 1-2 like this, I think it is just an occasional lazy warehouse worker more than anything. One time I even got a warehouse deal and the record came with a piece of scotch tape stopping the vinyl from slipping out and they just threw the shipping label on the back of the cover. @[email protected]  .. Somehow it was magically in great shape still but def. unacceptable haha

Amazon Warehouse deal packaging in general is an art form.  I recently received a baby monitor no bigger than a pencil sharpener in a zip lock bag taped inside a ball of air pillows and shipped in a box bigger than my 50 pound dog.

10 hours ago, DrEvermor said:

Amazon Warehouse deal packaging in general is an art form.  I recently received a baby monitor no bigger than a pencil sharpener in a zip lock bag taped inside a ball of air pillows and shipped in a box bigger than my 50 pound dog.

This kind of insanity isn't just limited to the warehouse deals.

My girlfriend recently got a bottle of nail polish shipped the same way

On 1/5/2018 at 4:14 PM, serum7 said:

Was it delivered via Amazon courier? That could explain it. Possibly shipped to NY in a larger container, then picked up by one of the local drivers. In which case they may be banking on it only being handled by a few people, and by hand.

Or whoever packed it could hate U2. 

Yeah, Amazon courier. Left packaging feedback but doubt that I get any response. If they keep this up, though, I'm going to get super picky about minor dings, etc. and make them replace items with any issues.

10 hours ago, fondfarewell said:

Yeah, Amazon courier. Left packaging feedback but doubt that I get any response. If they keep this up, though, I'm going to get super picky about minor dings, etc. and make them replace items with any issues.

Send an email to amazon. I received a record the same way, left packaging feedback, heard nothing. Sent an email, got a refund and was able to keep the record.