jets to brazil

I bought "perfecting loneliness" on a buy it now, and it got lost in the mail. supper bummed, still want a copy of this

I picked up mine from AYP the other month on sale:

http://www.angryyoungandpoor.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=38518

It says "out of stock," so if you don't want to wait, just get one from Jade Tree direct.

I bought "perfecting loneliness" on a buy it now, and it got lost in the mail. supper bummed, still want a copy of this

http://www.angryyoungandpoor.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=38518

It says "out of stock," so if you don't want to wait, just get one from Jade Tree direct.

ah thanks for the heads up. didn't know jade tree still had some. did you get my PM about that sparta 7"?

ah thanks for the heads up. didn't know jade tree still had some. did you get my PM about that sparta 7"?

Yeah, but I bid low and got sniped at the end. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Nice, I too am in need of this record but will need to wait until I can get to a bank to deposit my check :/

i hate the regression of JTB from ORD to FCN to Perfecting.

really? you hated it?

but they really seemed like a different band from ORD to FCN. did people just not like FCN? and i think Perfecting was the FCN band, but more focused and a lot darker. i actually thought some of ORD's songs were too long and stretched out, and kind of weird (Resistance is Futile??). also for the fact that i can't listen to "I Typed For Miles" without thinking of "Heart Shaped Box"

really? you hated it?

but they really seemed like a different band from ORD to FCN. did people just not like FCN? and i think Perfecting was the FCN band, but more focused and a lot darker. i actually thought some of ORD's songs were too long and stretched out, and kind of weird (Resistance is Futile??). also for the fact that i can't listen to "I Typed For Miles" without thinking of "Heart Shaped Box"

I don't hate any of their records, but I'm of the opinion that ORD was phe-fucking-nomenal and after that, it was a slow descent into "meh"-ness. I mean, c'mon: "Rocket Boy"? And you say songs on ORD were too long and/or weird...

haha true, true.

well Sweet Aveune was my first JTB song, but FCN was my first JTB album. so it's kinda like, that's what set the bar for me. kinda like how i started on Jersey's Best Dancers and liked it better than Hello Bastards, while everyone loves Hello Bastards.

i'd like to have Sweet Avenue played at my wedding

I think Blake hit his stride for three records -- 24 Hour Revenge Therapy, Dear You and Orange Rhyming Dictionary. There were flashes of greatness both before and after that time period, but to me, those are the only three essential records by him that someone needs to own.

i'll second that. those are definitely must-haves in every sense.

March 26, 2007

ï J. Robbins (Jawbox, Burning Airlines) and Janet Morgan's son Callum was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy almost a year ago. Please visit the DeSoto Records: For the Benefit of Cal Robbins page and J. Robbins's blog for more information on Callum's plight. You can find information about making donations at the Desoto Records page.

ï A great way to support Callum is to purchase the new For Callum double CD compilation. Check out Catlick Records for more information. 100% of the proceeds are going to Callum's care fund. Jawbreaker contributed a song to the For Callum compilation: the July 1994 mono, 16-track demo version of "I Love You So Much It's Killing Us Both."

ï Keith and Tim have been making good progress on the Jawbreaker documentary. They've already collected a ton of archival footage, and they've been conducting interviews with various personalities across the country for the past six months. Adam says that they hope to finish by the end of the year.