Alkaline Trio Remains...one more time

xfedupx

Ok, here's an updated pic of the colors I have. I'm waiting for a turquoise in the mail and I think that should be it.

The first one is the one that is out of 20, then green (is this the opaque green?), clear green, gray, mustard, and black.

The two on the bottom both came with 2 different colored records. The one on the left I bought on ebay and was gray/green. I thought it was going to be a mix, but I got one green record (which is more dull/darker than the green up top) and 1 gray. This one was sealed and has a rectangular sticker that says Green/Gray. Did everyone else's come like this? The one on the right is one I got from our buddy Dubmaverick. It's still up for debate whether this version is legit or not.

So are there any other versions you guys have seen? Has anyone seen the darker green version as 2 greens and not green/gray?

[image]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you get a photo of the green/grey sticker before you opened it?

It looks like you can see it on the LP cover (look in the top right-hand corner of the green/grey split area). It looks to be a white sticker with black text that someone just printed up and slapped on there. I don't believe it's legit at all, personally.

did you get a photo of the green/grey sticker before you opened it?

It looks like you can see it on the LP cover (look in the top right-hand corner of the green/grey split area). It looks to be a white sticker with black text that someone just printed up and slapped on there. I don't believe it's legit at all, personally.

You're exactly right. And there's no circular "Colored Vinyl" sticker, just the plain rectangular one that says Green/Gray. It was sealed too which makes me wonder..and it was sealed like all my other ones were too... ???

I have the same green/grey and I ordered mine from a seller on german ebay. I also got a turquoise one which had the same kind of color sticker. So I think those stickers are legit.

[image]

Anyone could print those stickers up off their computer with the right paper. It's not difficult. The "official" Remains (I'm going by what I picked up in Hot Topic, which was obviously an official release) had a circular black sticker saying it was colored vinyl, not a generic white one with a common font.

I think you both got duped.

As for the Turqiose one with the same white sticker -- it's entirely possible (and probable) that whoever you bought it from opened it up to verify the color, then resealed it (also not hard to do) and put a specific color sticker on it.

So what were the copies like that VC sold? I remember they had Turquoise and green/grey as well...

Did they had those stickers?

Scott, As for my turquoise copy, it came with the normal round "Colored vinyl" and the turqouise sticker.

Ahhh, I´m losing track with all of this :-(

EDIT: I looked again, Vinyl Collective also had the Green/Grey for sale

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1185448748

I looked at that picture when I got that record and realized what it is: a guy with an oyster knife and glove. I worked at a seafood restaurant for like 6 years and did that shit all time. I didn't use the glove though. That's pretty much what you look like after shucking oysters all day.

ok so heres what ive managed to round up:

[image]

all the usuals but some things to note:

my opaque green that i bought on ebay is on the middle left. while the "turquoise" i bought from Very Distro in the middle center. theres definitely a distinct difference.

i bought the grren/grey (center far right) also from very and as you can see it leans more towards the green side. the grey that came with the 2 "various color combinations /15" that i bought is more dark grey.

i dont know what to make of this mess... i feel like if a more grey "green/grey" popped up id probably buy it.. also suppose i need a blue/20. oh well.

According to Cobraside there were 100 specialty records made for what they called etailers. Assuming they didn't include the "r" on purpose I would imagine that means online retailers. So I think the funky "unlisted" colors like grey and clear green are those 100. I'm not so sure about the mix colors. It would seem more likely that they were just created by some guy trying to pass it off as more rare than it really is. I just find it obnoxious that a true list of available records can't be created. It leads to silly shit like we're seeing with people on eBay claiming to have super rare combos or colors.

this release looks like a massive headache and thats coming from one of the biggest trio fans/ vinyl nerds on the planet..

xfedupx... for your lungs test for your I lied my face off test.. I'll toss in other shit too.. Lets do this

i love it when you pitch a trade with people. it's like frank costanza has records he wants to get rid of.

LET'S DO THIS, BAYBEEE!

this release looks like a massive headache and thats coming from one of the biggest trio fans/ vinyl nerds on the planet..

xfedupx... for your lungs test for your I lied my face off test.. I'll toss in other shit too.. Lets do this

i love it when you pitch a trade with people. it's like frank costanza has records he wants to get rid of.

LET'S DO THIS, BAYBEEE!

BRO! MANZIERE! BRO! MANZIERE!

[image]