highest payments for one record that you ever do !

oh my god. i think the most i paid for a record was like 80 dollars, either for the promo-only "this could be love" picture disc by alkaline trio or their picture disc split with the blue meanies. i think.

Man, it paid to work at a record store in the late '90s. I bought that Meanies/Trio split for all of $3 when it came out.

i paid $100 for JSBX Reverse Willie Horton a long time ago. Now they barely go for $45. And I sold a white copy of the Screeching Weasel Ramones for $100 and bought the tour pressing for $100.

I've sold a bunch for obscene amounts of money, which was awesome when I had to liquidate 90% of my collection when I was out of work. I sold the RFTC CutnPlay 12" on blue for $300, and I think the NOFX Decline on clear went for $350 or so. Some of them were hard to part w/, but if someone wants to drop that much on a record, they can have it and I'll take their money. Oh, someone paid like $220 for The Anniversary Sub Pop Single, and I've still never figured out why, they never went for more than $80 before or since.

I think the only record I'd pay more than 100 bucks for now is that face to face 1st pressing.

Are you serious??? I own that!! I think I bought it for like $10 off of eBay on a whim!

But I paid $175 for Bad Religion's Into The Unknown. Other than that, a few $50 records here and there.

Guest conoley

I used to feel guilty about spending money on records until my girlfriend said that some people have no problem spending $150 in a sweater. Everyone has their thing...