any anime nerds?

Bump!

My friend is gonna be hand-drawing me a print of (main) characters from some of my favorite anime and I can't wait!  I requested that it includes:

- Goku (Dragon Ball Z)

- Naruto (Naruto Shippuden)

- Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)

- Luffy (One Piece)

- Ichigo (Bleach)

- Spike (Cowboy Bebop)

- Domon Kasshu (G Gundam)

- Tatsumi Saiga (Speed Grapher)

I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

You know honestly, I feel like Attack On Titan is better viewed marathoning it back to back. The pacing is all over the place and watching it like that makes it come together a little better. I remember watching it as it was simulcasted and it was murder because it somewhat, slightly, falls into the shonen type of deal where it seems dragged out to the max. 

I've always liked Pokemon and Avatar the Last Airbender (have the 4 elements on my chest) and stuff, but more recently I've been watching more and loving it so much more than I ever thought I would.

I'm a huuuuuge fan of Studio Ghibli as evident from my (howl and nausicaä) tattoos.  Also love Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop, and recently just watched all of Fullmetal Alchemist.  Just started Brotherhood, but it's practically the same.  So far like the original more because of the music.

Next on my list is Soul Eater and Attack on Titan. 

oh hey, an anime thread haha cool!

(prepare yourself, i'm about to go in...)

uhhhh right now i'm burning through the first season of jojo's bizarre adventure.

i never read the manga unfortunately, but they just started airing the second season which covers the "stardust crusaders" story arc.

and that rules because that's where all the characters from the old jojo fighting game came from, and i loved that game so i figured i'd catch up. it's been quite a ridiculous ride so far haha.

but yeah, i read all the recent posts and i hella back attack on titan and danganronpa.

in danganronpa, all the execution scenes are taken straight from the psp game it's based off of so that's pretty sweet.

plan to start reading the attack on titan manga someday soon, too.

oh and to the dude a couple posts ahead, full metal alchemist brotherhood is pretty much the same but sticks closer to the manga.

before jojo i finished the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya which was pretty interesting.

when they originally aired all the episodes, they aired them out of order; which is nuts cause it kinda plays into the main story arc that haruhi is god.

to me, the fact that they aired the episodes out of order is really creative and meta as fuck haha.

hearing this fact actually, is what turned me onto watching the show so i figured i'd share.

also, i'm in the middle of watching watamote which is about an insecure girl that's really awkward and obsessed with trying to be popular at her school haha.

it's kinda goofy and touches on subjects of anxiety and self-consciousness.

before watamote i had been watching kill la kill as it was airing, and that was AWESOME.

it's by the same dudes that did gurren lagann (which i think is better though imo and worth checking out if you like robots and over the top bullshit).

(catches breath)

also check out welcome to the NHK, it's one of my favorites... not an action orientated anime but it's super good and cute as hell.

it's mostly about this dude who tries to make a perverted dating sim game with his friend from high school.

touches on the whole anxiety thing too but in a more serious tone than in watamote.

I watched Danganronpa a couple weeks ago and at first I really didn't like it but the more I watched it the more I realized the stupid stuff I didn't like about it was done on purpose and the ending was sweet. I'm currently part way through Eden of the East and I'm liking that a lot too.

I'm playing through that on my Vita right now. I considered watching the show instead but opted for the game for whatever reason. I'm not very far into it though, just finished the first trial/murder.

I like cheesy slice of life bullshit. Favorites include, but are not limited to:

Nichijou (a masterpiece of a series, in my opinion)

Keroro Gunso (hence my avatar)

Azumanga Daioh (don't judge)

Hidamari Sketch (seriously, don't judge)

K-ON! (like I said before,)

But that's not all I watch. I like the occasional action/drama series. Anohana ripped my heart into little pieces, but it's one of my favorite series I've watched so far. Aku no Hana was also phenomenal, but it seems like almost nobody could get past the fact that it was Rotoscoped rather than traditionally animated, which really upset me. And Kill la Kill! Don't even get me started on how good Kill la Kill was. Yes, it was super tropey, and yes, the entire series was basically one gigantic 24-episode piece of fan service, but I really enjoyed it despite all of the naked.

I also watched Elfen Lied once. Just once.

Other stuff I've watched: Space Dandy (it's okay), Kiniro Mosaic (2moe4me), Mainichi Kaasan (sort of a kids show, but it's hilarious), Aiura (ehh), plenty of Ghibli films, and plenty of other stuff I'm forgetting about.

^ Dude if you dig slice of life stuff, you should check out Silver Spoon.

Also I love Azumanga Daioh. 

Agreed on the Aku No Hana thing. It threw me off a bit, but having read the manga prior to it starting it was easier to delve into. It is quite jarring, though. Also agree on Kill La Kill. Loved that show. 

• 4 weeks later...