any anime nerds?

Any NHK love here? It's been my favorite for the past half decafe and I recently rewatched it again. Hard for me to top the feels there, but I greatly understand the lifestyle and frustration ls and anxieties it depicts.

i love love love welcome to the nhk.

i own it on dvd and have watched through it several times, one of my favorites if not my absolute favorite as well.

the series hit real close to home for me, and the music in it is awesome.

has anyone watched 'monster'? i heard it was similar to death note (which i really enjoyed btw)

So glad this was mentioned. Monster is my favorite (as well as most other things by Naoki Urasawa). I prefer both the anime and manga more than I did Death Note, which I liked quite a bit. The manga is being rereleased and I can't wait to have the full series. Too bad the DVDs didn't sell well apparently, so only a portion of the show was actually physically released.

So glad this was mentioned. Monster is my favorite (as well as most other things by Naoki Urasawa). I prefer both the anime and manga more than I did Death Note, which I liked quite a bit. The manga is being rereleased and I can't wait to have the full series. Too bad the DVDs didn't sell well apparently, so only a portion of the show was actually physically released.

i definitely want to check it out soon

Just bought the Neon Genesis Evangelion: Perfect Collection from Amazon at a pretty decent price.  It wasn't the Platinum Edition but that's fine with me.  I've ever seen a single episode and apparently it's amazing so I thought why the hell not?

hey I just started last night!  I hate how the main character (at least in the beginning) is a cry baby I hope this changes soon!

Last night was when I saw Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Gods in theaters and all I can say is holy shit.  It was one of the most awesome and enjoyable movie-going experiences I've ever had.  Everyone was so into it.  Plus the movie itself was incredible.  I just can't get over the fact that I saw a DBZ movie in a US movie theater in the year 2014.  I hope this continues a trend of stuff like that going to theaters.

I started Michiko to Hatchin today, and I gotta say, even though the first two thirds of the first episode are infuriating, after that is incredibly satisfying. If the rest of the series is as good as this first episode, it might make its way into my Top 10.

Never heard of this so I looked it up. From the creators of Cowboy Bebop so it's gotta be good!

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but has anyone seen the Hunter x Hunter anime? I started reading the manga awhile ago and i'm nearly caught up, i just wanted to know if it would be worth it to actually watch it. I feel that it would translate really well being all fighty and actiony and what not but i'm curious of peoples take on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but has anyone seen the Hunter x Hunter anime? I started reading the manga awhile ago and i'm nearly caught up, i just wanted to know if it would be worth it to actually watch it. I feel that it would translate really well being all fighty and actiony and what not but i'm curious of peoples take on it.

It takes forever for anything to happen and I got fed up with it, but lots of folk love it so give it a try!

Been marathoning series recently. I've watched

Attack on Titan

Psychopass

Highschool DxD

Guilty Crown

in the last 2 weeks. 

Highschool DxD is in English dub on Hulu, and it's just comedical ecchi, but has pretty good storylines too, overall it's just enjoyable to sit back and watch, it's about a horny kid who wants poon but doesn't get any until he dies (he gets killed twice in the first episode) and is brought back to life by a devil girl, and his dream is to start a harem. At first I thought the English dub was terrible, but after a couple episodes it was honestly the funniest anime I've watched since Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu. Would definitely recommend, there's also a second season out on Hulu, unfortunately only in sub, but still enjoyable nonetheless. 3rd season is confirmed.

Guilty Crown was really interesting up until about halfway through, and then it went downhill, but the storyline is something you'd want to watch until the end.

Psychopass is really good, it's set in a "utopia" where scanners can determine a persons personality and possibility of being a "latent criminal", and it's very cool, would recommend if you like serious anime.

Attack on Titan is a must watch though, it's quickly become really popular and for good reason, very cool anime that isn't locked down into a certain field. Those 25 episodes went by in a breeze, I can't wait until season 2. I've been reading the manga too, if you've finished AoT, read the manga, it's very cool and you miss a couple things in the finale.

I've been thinking about starting Tokyo Ghoul. Anyone been watching, and if so, is it worth it?

Also, who all has seen this? It's the trailer for the anime adaptation of an older manga series called Parasyte, and it looks fairly promising, despite the main character having been physically changed quite a bit.

(warning: body horror game strong)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...