any anime nerds?

I'm quite happy I've found most of Sola DVD 2 on Share, as it was my favorite show of 2007. So far only volumes 1 and 3 have had subs added to them, but me and someone else are attempting to finish it. So far Volume 2 has eluded us, but I have all but one rar downloading now and maxing out my connection. Share ftw!

Menclave is the only good group doing Gundam 00. Menclave is a good group over all, but Conclave is notorious for being slow and halting projects without warning, so maybe they are holding Mendoi back. Shinsen is not as bad as everyone says, but I try to avoid them, and whoever that other group doing it just plain sucks. Though this show does not interest me, because for some reason I can't stand 90% of mecha.

when i started the seires i got the nyron~n translations... they were horrible. like i know maybe 40-50 things in japanese, and i was catching stuff they were screwing up. then i went to shinsen for ep 3, then after that found menclave. i like them a lot. mendoi had some great series they started but never finished, like Kiss Dum. conclave, i think have DMC from them... i just downloaded it because i know years ago AonE was high quality and i haven't seen much of them lately.

if you were around when anime download was online, i was a mod on there for a while. i left right around the time it went down hill... i had cut my toe off with a mower and was on a ton of pain killers, so the forum kinda fell by the wayside for me.

i need to download some more stuff tomorrow when i'm on campus... i have a backlog of stuff i haven't seen yet, but most of it hasn't interested me much. i still need to finish SEED, Hikaru no Go, Gatekeepers, Vandread, and a bunch more.

I found the first volume of Moyashimon on Share, so I'll be fansubbing it. I'm going to use BSS' translations, so it is not going to be very much fun adding the translations for all the microbes but I think it'll make it look much more professional.

Also some no name group put out episode 7, but I am afraid to check it out in fear it will be horrible.

Edit: I forgot to mention that everyone here should check out "Beck". It's one of my favorites and it is about music and the music scene.

• 2 years later...
Guest eriathomas

I saw the first few episodes of X TV years ago when it first aired, but never finished. I need to add it to my list of stuff I want to finish.

I'm watching Wolf's Rain right now, and am loving it. I am not really following any fansub's this season, since they all seem to be lacking or just rehashes of old harems or something.

Guest eriathomas

Katanagatari is about the only thing that may be worth watching this season, though it's not really included in the season since it only airs once a month. The first episode was put out yesterday, and is pretty interesting. I'd wait for Frostii to sub it though.

Guest eriathomas

I never got into Samurai Champloo, but there was a similar style show that came out a season or two ago call "Michiko to Hatchin" you might want to check out. I don't think it's licensed, so you may need to grab fansubs.

Guest eriathomas

I've never seen Voices of a Distant Star. I'm dling it now, and will check it out later. 5 cm per second is a pretty damn good movie. The art is pretty amazing in it, def. a must see.

Voices was amazing graphics, but i was really let down by it. a 30 min OVA for the price of a full dvd kinda sucked.

Yeah, but it had She and Her Cat on it. Which was amazing. The man definitely knows how to capture the loneliness and isolation of modern day life. At least, that's what I got out of that.

Guest eriathomas

Amazon has the Samurai Champloo blu-ray set for $38.99, which is cheaper then they are selling the DVD boxset. I think it's an upscale, but it'll still look better then upscaling the DVD since it was done professionally.