any anime nerds?

On 7/12/2016 at 3:10 AM, Professor Finn said:

I'm re-watching Angel Beats right now and holy shit is it way more full of feels than I remember it being... (I remembered it being sad but not this much)

I really need to watch Angel Beats. I rewatched Anohana (my favorite anime) the other night and the feels were definitely much stronger than I remembered the second time around.

I think I'm going to sit down and watch Parasyte tonight.

In the middle of Neon Genesis: Evangelion FINALLY.  I've had the platinum box-set for a couple years but just never got around to watching it.  It's definitely as good as I've heard.  Really loving it.

Probably gonna start back One Punch Man after.  Only watched the first episode a while ago and it was great.

8 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

In the middle of Neon Genesis: Evangelion FINALLY.  I've had the platinum box-set for a couple years but just never got around to watching it.  It's definitely as good as I've heard.  Really loving it.

Probably gonna start back One Punch Man after.  Only watched the first episode a while ago and it was great.

tbh watch the movie End of Evangelion before you watch the last two episodes, or don't those episodes are more like bonus features, anyways yea EoE is my fav anime movie lol 

13 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Re:Zero is the only thing I'm watching this season. It's good, but it's got a lot of boring episodes strung throughout it.

I don't know how much you've been following the scene lately, but IMO those were done on purpose for the most part. From what I can tell, especially the cringe worthy first episode, it's trying to be a deconstruction of the genre type thing a la Madoka. Loving the hell out of it because that's about the time I got in, so seeing them set the show up like it'd be another generic show like SAO and completely turn that on its head an episode or two in was pretty great. Episodes 15 and 18 are some of my all time favorite in any show. It's great to see a character behaving like Kirito or something but having it pan out how things would if a generic insert protag here otaku MC type guy was acting in those ways. I do thing the Rem hype train is getting obnoxious as fuck though. 

19 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Favorite anime right there (as seen in my avatar). I'd disagree with watching EoE before 25/26, I think they're both add something to the show so it'd be silly to watch it out of order (kinda). Also skip Death & Rebirth if you were planning on watching it, it's pretty much useless tbh. Anyway you watch it let us know what you think since it gets pretty fucked up past episode 18.

Also One Punch Man is fantastic, can't wait wait for the next season.

23 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Really want to check out Neon Genesis: Evangelion. Hope I can get my hands on the DVD sets soon.

And I'm on Episode 7 of One Punch Man (watching the English dub, not really a fan of subtitles in anime, at least not for stuff I see for the first time) and I love everything about it.

21 hours ago, dvv said:

tbh watch the movie End of Evangelion before you watch the last two episodes, or don't those episodes are more like bonus features, anyways yea EoE is my fav anime movie lol 

I say this to everyone. Skip the last two, skip Death but watch Rebirth and The End of Evangellion. I wish they'd blu-ray'd the original series before they remade it, anyone seen the remakes? Are they any good?

4 minutes ago, xylem1 said:

I say this to everyone. Skip the last two, skip Death but watch Rebirth and The End of Evangellion. I wish they'd blu-ray'd the original series before they remade it, anyone seen the remakes? Are they any good?

The remakes are good, but I don't think they are close to done yet. The introduction of a new character was a bit odd though.

4 hours ago, xylem1 said:

If I can get the first blu for cheap enough I'll check it out but I don't want to invest too much in to it.

Any anime nerds with some solid recommendations? I'm looking for stuff like Ergo Proxy and Ghost in the Shell.

The remakes are definitely worth watching. Think of them as an alternate reality version of EVA. Should be able to snag the blu discs pretty reasonably at this point for the first two at least.

52 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

The remakes are definitely worth watching. Think of them as an alternate reality version of EVA. Should be able to snag the blu discs pretty reasonably at this point for the first two at least.

I need the damn last part to come out, it feels like it's been years since 3. I'm interested to see how they go about the ending on it, since different ones already exist.

I need a new show to watch too. I kinds want to watch Angel Beats again, since it was mentioned, but as I get older the sad shit hits home more :(.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2016 at 3:26 PM, Holo said:

Bleh, I still don't have Eva DVDs. Wish they'd do a bluray set for the actual series 

They did in Japan but not the US yet because I guess maybe they're still doing localization and all that shit? idk but I also don't have all of the DVD's...
Related note: I just finished off my Cowboy Bebop collection in the last few days thanks to some luck, $2 for the OST (non-bootleg) at GW.
P9181052_zpsbzmwx22z.jpg
(Also thanks for the $3 to buy the Best Sessions Rez)

13 hours ago, Professor Finn said:

They did in Japan but not the US yet because I guess maybe they're still doing localization and all that shit? idk but I also don't have all of the DVD's...
Related note: I just finished off my Cowboy Bebop collection in the last few days thanks to some luck, $2 for the OST (non-bootleg) at GW.

(Also thanks for the $3 to buy the Best Sessions Rez)

Bleh, I can't imagine. Maybe it's similar to the bullshit that held Haruhi and Geass up? No way of really knowing. Maybe I'll own the DVD box eventually...

The Bebop OST is a cool jazz album for sure

You should come see the Monogatari movie with me. It's actually playing out here in one theater for a weekend.

Finished Evangelion + The End Of Evangelion the other day and all I can say is "holy shit."  Seriously, I don't remember the last time I watched any show in general and felt like I wanted to watch the entire thing again right away.  I've been reading theories/explanations online for stuff for the past couple days since I've finished it.

Now I can't wait to start on the newer movies.  I have the first 2, but I'm gonna try and find the 3rd for a decent price tomorrow.  I know the story is different and everything, but I don't really care.  I just want more of it.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

On 9/24/2016 at 10:45 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

Finished Evangelion + The End Of Evangelion the other day and all I can say is "holy shit."  Seriously, I don't remember the last time I watched any show in general and felt like I wanted to watch the entire thing again right away.  I've been reading theories/explanations online for stuff for the past couple days since I've finished it.

Now I can't wait to start on the newer movies.  I have the first 2, but I'm gonna try and find the 3rd for a decent price tomorrow.  I know the story is different and everything, but I don't really care.  I just want more of it.

tbh the newer movies are inferior to the show imo 

• 2 months later...