andrew13

any anime nerds?

541 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Yeah I'm so glad EoE was made.  The whole series is amazing, and those last 2 episodes are really good in their own way, but to end the series like that would've been a bit of a let down after all the build up.  Probably in my top 5 of all time though.  One of my favorite parts about it was going online and reading things about it afterwards to understand things more.

Yeah, I think I'll be reading a lot of stuff in the coming weeks. There's so much more to discover. I think this series is definitely a grower.

 

Have you seen the Rebuild series as well? The animation is absolutely incredible and it's great to see so many iconic scenes from the anime series get the DBZ Kai treatment. After 1.11 though, there were lots of drastic changes with 3.33 turning out to be a completely different beast, which I didn't expect at all. However, I've really enjoyed it so far and I can't wait for 3.0+1.0.

FiggyPuddling likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Breezus said:

Yeah, I think I'll be reading a lot of stuff in the coming weeks. There's so much more to discover. I think this series is definitely a grower.

 

Have you seen the Rebuild series as well? The animation is absolutely incredible and it's great to see so many iconic scenes from the anime series get the DBZ Kai treatment. After 1.11 though, there were lots of drastic changes with 3.33 turning out to be a completely different beast, which I didn't expect at all. However, I've really enjoyed it so far and I can't wait for 3.0+1.0.

 

Yep.  I've seen all the rebuilds so far.  I definitely enjoyed them for what they are.  I like how it's a whole new take on the story without changing the effectiveness of the original series.

Breezus likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Breezus said:

Have any of you guys seen Erased? It's a completed 12-episode series with thriller and time-travel elements and I think it's the most beautiful anime series I've seen so far. The cinematography is unreal.

 

I need to get on this.  Been wanting to sit down and watch it for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else following the new seasons of Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia? Every Saturday feels like Christmas for me. It's also a really cool experience to see the manga scenes come to life (I usually watch the anime before the manga but with AOT, that wasn't possible).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Breezus said:

Anyone else following the new seasons of Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia? Every Saturday feels like Christmas for me. It's also a really cool experience to see the manga scenes come to life (I usually watch the anime before the manga but with AOT, that wasn't possible).

 

Watched the first episode of AOT season 2.  Loved it.  Haven't watched any MHA yet, but the blu-ray is coming out this month and I wanna get it so I'll do that and start watching then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FiggyPuddling said:

 

Watched the first episode of AOT season 2.  Loved it.  Haven't watched any MHA yet, but the blu-ray is coming out this month and I wanna get it so I'll do that and start watching then.

Yeah, I saw S2E1 of AOT twice already and probably will again before Saturday. Didn't love the new OP at first but it's really grown on me (ED has so many manga spoilers/hints though, holy shit). It's a shame it's just gonna have 12 episodes but since I didn't have to wait 4 years for new episodes, I'm not that mad.

 

MHA is amazing. I didn't even want to check it out at first but now it's become one of my favorite anime series. Can't wait to get the Blu-Ray as well.

FiggyPuddling likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 4:22 PM, Breezus said:

Yeah, I think I'll be reading a lot of stuff in the coming weeks. There's so much more to discover. I think this series is definitely a grower.

 

There's some good videos about theories and breakdowns, check out https://www.youtube.com/user/DouchebagChocolat/search?query=evangelion

Breezus likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ExtraFox said:

I watched a lot of anime in the 90s and have dipped my toe in every so often since then. This is in my top three and was only previously available as a Region 4 DVD:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alltheanime/mind-game?ref=home_recs

Man. That looks awesome. Do they even make weird shit like they made in the 90s anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Hunter x Hunter (2011) last week and holy shit, it was damn near flawless. 148 episodes and it just kept getting better and better, while each arc had a compelling theme and cast of characters. It should definitely get as much love as the universally-acclaimed Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood when top-quality series are being discussed.

 

On a sidenote, has anyone seen the Ghost in the Shell live-action adaptation? Honestly, I thought it was pretty good. Sure, the dialogue was dumbed-down and there were several changes but I could live with that. I liked that they tried to tell their own story without shitting on the source material, while still paying tribute to some of the iconic scenes from the 1995 film. Also, the action scenes and the stunning cinematography alone made this film worth-watching. It's a shame the whole whitewashing nonsense completely overshadowed what is arguably one of the better (western) anime adaptation in a long time, if ever. Not even most Japanese people gave a shit about the casting when they were asked lol

FiggyPuddling likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Breezus said:

Finished Hunter x Hunter (2011) last week and holy shit, it was damn near flawless. 148 episodes and it just kept getting better and better, while each arc had a compelling theme and cast of characters. It should definitely get as much love as the universally-acclaimed Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood when top-quality series are being discussed.

 

Yessss.  God I love that show so much.  My only complaint (and it's the one and only complaint I have about the creators other show, and my favorite anime of all-time: Yu Yu Hakusho), is that the last few episodes/ending in general feels incredibly rushed.  Like just as it seems like a whole new large story-line is about to start, the whole series just ends.

 

Then again, the creator is pretty famous for taking incredibly long hiatus' in the middle of projects.

Edited by FiggyPuddling
Breezus likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2017 at 3:51 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Man. That looks awesome. Do they even make weird shit like they made in the 90s anymore?

It really is. I spent 10 Years (2000-2010; before I had small humans in my life) searching out the best films I could find in pretty much every genre. This was one of the result in Anime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now