any anime nerds?

this is my upcoming list to watch in no particular order.  currently about to finish season 1 of yu yu hakusho, which has exceeded my expectations cause i was skeptical at first

kill la kill

FLCL

ghost hunt

black butler

soul eater

kenichi

neon genesis evangelion

tonori no seki kun

sailor moon

clannad

I loved Kill La Kill and FLCL is my favorite of anything. Enjoy!

Unrelated to NGE (I apologize in advance), I watched Yuyushiki over the past three days.

It's just another cutesy, yuri-implied slice of life series about high school girls talking about whatever's on their minds, but it's surprisingly above average compared to similar series. Like, it actually got a few hearty laughs out of me, which was unexpected to say the least. That being said, it still suffers from super predictable moe character tropes, and there's no actual storyline other than them progressing through high school, so if shows like that don't appeal to you, you're probably not gonna like this one.

TL;DR it's just more of the same, but slightly better than what you'd expect.

I just watched The Wind Rises ( FINALLY ) in a nice theater and I loved it.  I was expecting to like it, but I was blown away by how inspired and how sad I was by the end.

It was also the only ghibli film I've seen subtitled and I probably should rewatch some of the other films with subs now!

I just watched The Wind Rises ( FINALLY ) in a nice theater and I loved it.  I was expecting to like it, but I was blown away by how inspired and how sad I was by the end.

It was also the only ghibli film I've seen subtitled and I probably should rewatch some of the other films with subs now!

Subs > Dubs mostly just because the subtitled translation is usually more accurate, they don't have to worry about matching the lips.  But also b/c I'm trying to learn Japanese, so I watch everything I can with Japanese VO now.

My friend hooked me up with his Funimation account for my game systems. I have soooo much to watch now!

How does this work? Can you watch anime on PS3?  Or PS4?  (I don't have one yet, maybe eventually.) I prob can't pay for an account right now, and usually just hit up gogoanime or anime1 anyway, but the idea intrigues me.

crunchyroll is a great subscription service similar to the funimation one above, only it isn't limited to funimation stuff.

episodes will pop up on there the day they air in japan with full english subs.

i've been using it on my ps3 to watch jojo's bizarre adventure every friday.

it's gr8...

I saw it. I dig the idea of it from what i've read, but after them completely dropping the ball on the second half of the last series, I'm weary of that show now, haha.

Yeah the second half wasn't as good as the first. It was especially a bummer that Asuna went from total badass to helpless damsel. This story arc is supposed to be the worst one of the series I've heard from those that have read the light novels (which I want to do eventually). Then the next one is supposed to be great. 

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Conqueror of Shambala last night, and I am a huge FMA fan and for some reason it didn't sink for me.  Maybe because I watched everything kind of out of order:

all of original FMA

somewhere in that I watched Milos

all of Brotherhood

months later - Conqueror of Shambala.

I know that forgetting a lot didn't help, since brotherhood ended so differently I was on that focus.

It was cool and stuff but I didn't find it sad like people said and there wasn't "that" much alchemy..

finished yu yu hakusho!

from start to finish that show seriously picked up traction.  I'm glad I stuck with it.  Kurama was by far my favorite character, and hiei was pretty rad as well. 

This was one of the first anime series I watched as a kid, and its definitely one of my favorites still. I think im going to re watch it now!

I was cleaning my closet a couple weeks ago and I came across some old Yu Yu Hakusho trading cards from the old card game. Pretty cool.

My friend and I randomly split the cost of a box of starter decks a couple summers ago.  It was actually a pretty easy game to learn how to play.  But I found a team pretty early on that was cheap as hell that he couldn't beat so he/we kinda just gave up on it.  Still have the cards though!