Introduce Yourself!

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reintroducing myself to the board. I was a member of the old board for a while and lost my username in the switch. Used to be "cipp299". Ah well. Hello everyone!

Bryan

Favorite Bands: 
The Hold Steady, Springsteen, P.O.S., Titus Andronicus, Mars Volta

What's your Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr etc.?: 
http://bryancipolla.tumblr.com/

Hobbies (outside of record ):
photography, reading, videogames

Play in a band? Run a record label? 
nope

Jeff

Favorite Bands:

Chixdiggit!, The Hextalls, Kepi Ghoulie, Dear Landlord, The Copyrights, The Lillingtons, TBR, Mischief Brew, Bob Marley, The Pioneers, The Beatles.

http://www.facebook.com/Grimbl.Grombl

http://www.last.fm/user/Grimbl420

Hobbies (outside of record collecting): 
Movies. Watching, Playing, and Talking about Hockey. Hanging out with my wife and kids. Reading. Hiking/Camping. Rum. Home Brewing.

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us!:

I wish, but I've got no time.

Keenan

Favorite Bands:

Circa Survive, As Cities Burn, Moving Mountains, Balance & Composure, Thrice, Harvard, Letlive., Artifex Pereo, Brand New, Cloudkicker

http://www.facebook.com/keenan.kosolowski

http://timeandteller.tumblr.com/

http://www.twitter.com/keenankoso

http://cargocollective.com/timeandteller

Guitar & Graphic Design. I run a small free lance graphic design "business" under the moniker Time & Teller. It's completely for fun, although I do sell designs/artwork. I also play guitar in a post-rock/alt-rock band called Advina

www.facebook.com/advinaband

advina.bandcamp.com

Favorite Bands: Blink, Rufio, The Story So Far, Thieves, Second To Last, other bands along that line.

http://www.twitter.com/devindta

Xbox Live: DevinDTA

Hobbies (outside of record collecting): Playing xbox, listening to music, going to show, sleeping.

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us!: Nope and nope. I did play drums for a bit and I am interested in learning the bass.

Random things you want us to know about you: Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...I don't know. If you want to know something just ask me I guess.

Jeff

Favorite Bands:
The Casket Lottery, At The Drive-In, Nirvana, Alkaline Trio, AFI, Brand New, Thursday, Rocky Votolato and much more.

Instagram (personal) - transmitfailure (I post a lot of pictures of my cat)

Instagram (bands) - flexhc (Not too many pictures of cats)

Playing guitar. Playing drums. Riding my bike. Petting my cat. Watching documentaries. 

http://lifesupport310.bandcamp.com
http://flexsbhc.bandcamp.com

Random things you want us to know about you:

I like most animals. I hate snakes. I like dinosaurs. I hate raccoons. I think Justin Timberlake is a brilliant musician. 

Favorite bands: Green Day, The Misfits, Sum 42, AFI, Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, Blink 182, HIM, The Beatles, Asking Alexandria, The Shins, KISS, Good Old War, Cage the Elephant. *Just to name a few*

Facebook.com/sarapepas

I am not in a band or part of a label

I like movies,music, reading, crossword puzzles, penguins and most other animals, recycling, straight edge, colors, coffee and tea

Ethan

Favorite Bands: 

Uhhhhh. Sunset Rubdown (and all related bands), Parenthetical Girls, Mike Slott, everything else

I don't have any of those things anymore. 

My instagram username is erthan. 

Bicycling, photography, being cool

I don't do any of those things anymore. 

;asdfl;adsfkjfjqoincasljhgowidn;askn;oqwie;q

hey, i'm lily. finally signed up after lurking for ages! 

favorite bands:
my taste is all over the place but i'm always down to listen to the postal service, weezer, modest mouse, ajj, the smiths, the descendents.. lately i've been on an rnb kick, can't get enough of lauryn hill and d'angelo

hobbies:
bicycling, singing n playing guitar, going to shows, art n design things, nerdy web/programmy things

band/label:
never been/always wanted to be in a band, hopefully this summer i'll have more time to spend on music :)

Greetings all,

Contributed to a sports thread and tried to help someone grab a CD once -- finally settled into a place and job so have some more time and should be around more, so figured I'd do this.

Dominic

Favorite Bands/Artists:

E For Explosion, Go Radio, Andrew McMahon, Look Mexico, Anberlin, Misser, Late Night Habit, Yellowcard, and far too many others to list.

http://twitter.com/AmplifiedEsq

http://www.amplifiedesq.com/

Sports, shows, and doing pro bono work.

As alluded too above, started doing pro bono legal work for independent artist. Went to law school with the intention of helping independent artists when I got out and try to do so in my free time -- finally got an online presence set up to hopefully help some artist on a wider scale. Website and Twitter are linked above -- website is also going to serve as a music industry blog to post new music/industry articles/etc. 

James but most of my friends call me the antichrist so that would be fine too.

Favorite Bands: 
There are WAY too many but my favorite is Motionless in White, instead of trying to type thirty out I'll say my favorite record companies which are Fearless, Rise, Hopeless, Fueled By Ramen, and Reprise, sadly enough the only band I can think of that I really like and isn't on one of those is Marilyn Manson

No body will take their time to click on mah links anyway

Photography, being an asshole, writing, spreading my legs, drawing, and giving birth
If I could spread my legs that far don't you think I would?

I have payed way too much to get what I want on vinyl, like once I spent (feel free to shoot me for this) $15 on a 7". Paramore was the first band I really liked and I used to like shitty popular music for the simple fact it was popular (that was a LONG time ago). Also collecting gives me a (good) feeling that I have never felt before in which I have become obsessed with, kind of like when Karla Fay Tucker experienced her most intense orgasms well killing people, fun times.

how's the 8th grade?

welcome aboard. 

You got 8th grade out of my friends calling me the antichrist? Is that an average thing for 8th graders to do now? Anyway I do not happen to be in the 8th, as collecting would be well out of my price range if I was. But I believe I should say thank you for welcoming me... if it was sincere.

You can't be above 10th grade after an introductory post like that.

I am not going to defend anything about my age. I find that age doesn't matter, many people younger than me have more life experience then I have as I have had much more life experience than many of those older than me. And if you insult one for the simple fact that they are young I do not find that right for they have no choice in that matter.

I am not going to defend anything about my age. I find that age doesn't matter, many people younger than me have more life experience then I have as I have had much more life experience than many of those older than me. And if you insult one for the simple fact that they are young I do not find that right for they have no choice in that matter.

I'm just some guy on the internet, no need to take it so personally.  Lighten up!  :P

I'm just some guy on the internet, no need to take it so personally.  Lighten up!  :P

Sorry if I came off as mad, I didn't take it personally I just see a lot of people on this and other places insulting people for their age. I simply find the idea funny that let's say a 52 year old would insult a 7 year old for the simple fact that they're 7. (I am not seven if you think that was implied)

Jon Lewis

Favorite Bands: 
NOFX, Dillinger 4, Toys That Kill, The Beatles, At the Gates, Municipal Waste, Immortal Technique etc. etc. go from there. 

www.twitter.com/JLEWCHUCKEROO

www.twitter.com/thedopamines

www.facebook.com/jonny2shoes

www.facebook.com/thedopamines

thedopamines.tumblr.com

Family, Art, Work, Reading, Drinking, Traveling, Poker, Writing

www.thedopamines.net

I love my family

I love my friends

I love whiskey

I love beer

I'm not the cool Jon from the Dopamines. i'm the tall one that sings a lot and writes lyrics. 

it's nice to meet you. 

Katherine

Favorite Bands:
According to my last.fm: Red House Painters, Owen, The Promise Ring, and Braid.

clumsyanthems.tumblr.com

last.fm/user/256colors

and that's it! I haven't had facebook in over a year.

doing crafty shit that makes me sound like a grandma, petting animals

no and no

I've met more people from the internet than I'd like to admit because of last.fm & tumblr, I watch more ghost shows than anything else on TV, and I'm really good at putting together IKEA furniture. If I like you, I'll probably send you lots of pics of my cat and emojis. My dream is to be in a pop-punk band, but I can't play anything or sing :(

name: Piia (but surprisingly many native english speakers spell it for some odd reason as Pila, to the point I've started to save the record mailers that have my name written this way)

fave bands: Rise Against, Karnivool & Converge. +boiling under: Touché Amoré. The bands I would (and have) spent the most money on to see them live.

social media stuff: Iast.fm is my favourite

hobbies: gig road-trips (for example, check my post on best shows you've been to topic) +taking pics of pigeons in different cities.

random things: I cannot get sick of ryebread (finnish one, it's the best over here). For the love of food and music I have ryebread tattoo on my right foot and vinyl record on my left.

And I guess I could mention, I'm on this board mostly as an observer as I'm quite new to the collecting game. It's fascinating to browse through different topics where information is available, eg. when it comes to choosing a record player etc (I def want to upgrade at some point so these topics help). Language barrier makes it tad bit harder to understand all that technical mambo jambo but trying my best! +already made couple purchase thanks to those PO topics. Cheers for those!

I realized I've never introduced myself so I might as well join in on the fun:

Name:
Rolf

Favorite bands:

Rise Against, Converge, Thrice, Karnivool and Touché Amoré

Hobbies:
Having no life is definitely my main hobby despite that well, collecting records is pretty obvious.

But yea, I love to travel and going to gigs, so if the money allows it then that's what I do basically.

Hmm random stuff...random it shall be. Well, I enjoy watching football and I'm an Arsenal supporter and be that for over 10 years. Like Kilahda I can't get sick of ryebread, I guess it's a scandinavian thing, and it's unfortunately true that they do have better ryebread in Finland, and yes it's super important to tell everybody how awesome ryebread is. More random info is that I've a cat called Chester and I absolutely love furfriends and hope to get more one day. Like Kilahda I'm just mostly lurking around here on the board, since it's good place to find news about restocks and pre-orders.

Matt

Favorite Bands: 
MTX, Parasites, Sicko, Shai Hulud, Uncle Tupelo, Ke$ha

http://www.facebook.com/MattAverage

https://twitter.com/MattAverage

Eating new/strange food, cooking, hockey, going to shows

nope

I Live in Collinsville, IL home of the worlds largest ketchup botttle

Dan Mueller

Favorite Bands:

Dear Landlord, Bouncing Souls, Comadre, Black Flag, Descendents and many more. Any suggestions on bands to listen to would be greatly appreciated.

I'm anti-facebook

Shows, comics, video games and getting tattoos

N/A

Random things you want us to know about :

I like pizza

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Introduce Yourself!