Introduce Yourself!

with all the new people posting here as of late, i thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread just to get to know each other a little better. superficially, obviously. after you've been here awhile we can all learn everyone's deepest secrets and all your insecurities. BUT FOR NOW. i will start it off!

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:18

Allison! (or Alicia, depending on who you ask. lulz. just kidding. it's Allison)

Favorite Bands:

have heart, mewithoutyou, ryan adams, third eye blind

What's your Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr etc.?:

www.twitter.com/allisonefrank

http://allisonefrankphoto.tumblr.com

www.allisonefrankphoto.com

www.facebook.com/allison.e.frank

Hobbies (outside of record collecting):

photography, painting, drawing, ok anything art related.

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us!:

(alas, i must leave this one blank)

Random things you want us to know about you:

i'm straight edge!

i love: horror movies (zombie related ones in particular, but i don't discriminate), baking (especially vegan things), penn state football, traveling, apple products, rescued animals, buffy the vampire slayer (ok, most things joss whedon does) and a bunch of other things i'm sure i'll remember later and be mad that i forgot to add here.

ok, your turn! i know a lot of you already, but most of the new people don't, so even if you're a regular, fill this out! just copy and paste this and fill it in with your own answers.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin

Favorite Bands:

Avail, J Church, Springsteen, Rollins Band, Billy Bragg, Devo...ah fuck it, don't make me try to break this down....

edit: there should be at least 50 more bands listed here.......ugh

www.myspace.com/xjustinxschwierx

http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/xjpsx

http://twitter.com/UnderComm

http://www.facebook.com/undergroundcommunique

Hobbies (outside of record collecting): / Random things you want us to know about you:

(I'm combining these two Allison!)

reading, city biking, going to shows, baking, amassing large amounts of useless movie and music trivia in my brain, comic books (though I'm currently not reading/subscribed to anything), occasionally when inspired I draw and sometimes try to write songs in my head though I have no real way to communicate or write them or record them as I am impatient and can't sit still long enough to learn how to play an instrument. I'm 31 and still straight edge, I am a workaholic, I can silk screen stuff to a limited degree and rather enjoy doing that, though I don't get to very often.

have played in bands that were terrible

run a label http://www.undercomm.org

Guest kylewilliam

kylewilliam, yep, one word.

Favorite Bands:

mewithoutyou, look mexico, converge, baroness, sting, murder by death

i think facebook is just under my name? i dont have anything else

writing and playing hockey.

http://www.imadethismistake.com/

http://www.thecottagerecords.com/

i dont actually collect records anymore, i sold them all... i guess i need to leave the board?

David (that is probably obvious)

Favorite Bands:

There are a ton, but I have tattoos of the following: Alkaline Trio, Hot Water Music, Avail, and The Lawrence Arms. I like a ton of other stuff that ranges from 90's screamo to hip-hop, so take that for what you will.

www.facebook.com/milkisdelicious

There's also a facebook group devoted to me being bigger than Jesus...

playing music, biking, jogging, reading, writing for a website that is supposed to launch in the near future.

I play in way too many.

The Burbs: www.myspace.com/burbsrock

www.facebook.com/burbsrock

The New Brunette: www.myspace.com/thenewbrunette

Cross Ice Pass To The Seventh Level Of Hell (Hockey themed thrash metal) I don't remember our facebook url...

A fourth band that a buddy and I are trying to get off the ground and a fifth band that is kind of new wave-ish.

I play guitar, drums, harmonica and do some singing an lyric writing.

I don't consider myself straight edge any longer as I am not a fan of the label, but I don't drink, smoke or do drugs so take that for what you will. I love coffee more than any sane person should. Last year I set a world record at Pitchfork's music festival in Chicago and it was broken a day later. I go to school at Columbia College Chicago and am perhaps the only person there that does not appreciate Animal Collective. Want to know anything else? Just ask.

Marc

Favorite Bands:

Rancid, Less Than Jake, Operation Ivy, Bigwig, 80s/90s Bay Area punk music (Lookout!), 90s Epitaph/Fat Wreck bands, 90s NJPP and PA bands, etc. You get the idea.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=81405390

http://doublestackmusic.blogspot.com/ (i haven't updated this in like 4 months though)

Listening to music, drinking of course!, playing bass, baseball (I don't play often, but I watch it everyday and its the only sport I regularly follow)

I run a label called Warner Music Group and my website is www.wmg.com

I am 22 (in November), I am a full time student, Business major, and work part time at a crappy job, but like I said, I'm in school. When I am done with school I hope to move out to California and get the hell out of New Jersey.

My favorite TV show is South Park and I can quote any line from every episode

I am a member of this group.

right now, i am wondering why i haven't joined this group yet.

first thing to do when i get home from work today? i think so.

Duh you do! I'm eventually going to make shirts that just say "DA>JC" so you have that to look forward to. Also, my band the Burbs are making shirts that are affectionately called the "skull and cross Dave"...I am just that awesome.

Juan or "Hey Asshole!"...depending on who you ask

Favorite Bands:

Converge, the god machine, Nine Inch Nails, ISIS, Shai Hulud, Minus the Bear, Endpoint, Guilt, Heather Nova, Rollins Band, Ink & Dagger, TOOL, A Perfect Circle, Lush, and Sophia

www.twitter.com/jhulud

www.twitter.com/VinylDaily

Complaining. A lot. Adding to my increasingly large library of useless knowledge and trivia (Explains why Justin and I get along so well). Road-tripping. Reading band/musician-related biographies and/or books relating to music especially hardcore, punk, and metal. Collecting art and show prints...specifically those by Horkey, Bannon, Bertmer, Stout, and Hunt. Writing for way too many site/blogs (http://www.the1stfive.com and http://theystillpressvinyl.wordpress.com to name a few)

Nope

I hate living in Florida but am too lazy to do anything about it. So I complain about it. A lot. I've been told I have an unhealthy obssession with Christina Aguilera. I just don't see it. I watch way too much TV. I'm Hispanic and English is my second language. And I can probably write and speak English better than you can. Shame on you!

I'll probably go back and edit this entry at least 27 times today thanks to my OCD/Anal rentetiveness...

Scott, but everyone that I've ever met on the Internet calls me Kirby. I blame Scott Heisel and the other 15 Scotts that I know.

Favorite Bands:

I'll list a few favorites at the moment: Weezer, The Hold Steady, Japandroids, Vampire Weekend, Wavvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvves -- Check last.fm link below

http://www.twitter.com/kirbypuckett

http://kirbypuckett.tumblr.com

http://www.last.fm/user/kirbypuckett

The Internet, technology, hockey

I help run Rust Belt Rising a website cataloging all of the shows in the Rust Belt region (PA, NY, WV, OH). Check out our website if you're in the area and follow us on Twitter and if you're in a band, please post your shows!

http://www.rustbeltrising.com

http://www.twitter.com/rustbeltrising

I'm addicted to technology as much as I am music. I am an early tech adopter (hello iPad!), I read tech blogs all day, worshiping my media center, (XBMC), and I Tweet too much. I just started playing dek hockey for the first time last year in an organized league and it's been a blast and one of my new passions. I'm moving to roller hockey this year and hopefully ice eventually. I'm also a huge Penguins fan.

Kirbie!

Favorite Bands:

propagandhi, lucero, the gaslight anthem, saves the day, how water music, the larry arms, springsteen, the weakerthans, tom waits, ryan adams and on and on and on

for facebook, see: kirbie bennett

writing, reading, playing guitar/bass guitar, upping the punx, petting animals

n/a

big joss whedon fan and i share the same birth day as malcolm x and joey ramone - boo yah!

big joss whedon fan

YYEESSSSSSSSS!

i think i'm going to get 'five by five' incorporated into my next tattoo.

I know that was Faith's thing to say but I always reference that saying to Aliens. Corporal Ferro, the pilot of the dropship, said it.

Matt, altho save for my family everyone has called me Flood for about 18 years.

Favorite Bands:

Against Me!, Alkaline Trio, Atom & His Package, Bomb the Music Industry!, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Spring Heeled Jack, They Might Be Giants.

facebook under my name...

growing tropical fruit trees, throwing shows, adopting abused dogs (mainly chows & pitbulls), Hiking/Camping, Baseball, and eating nachos.

I run Asbestos Records www.asbestosrecords.com

I (somewhat) sing for HKPOE! which is a running joke taken too far, usually 12-25 member cover band, which on occaision features friends from bands like Bomb the Music Industry!, Shai Hulud, These Green Eyes, and random other bands.

i grew up roughly one block away from the houses that Stephen King, and Moby grew up in. weird neighborhood ;)

Guest eriathomas

Thomas. Everyone calls me Tom or Tommy though, even though I sort of prefer Thomas.

Favorite Bands:

Portugal. The Man, Asobi Seksu, Kay Kay And His Weathered Underground, Park, Murder By Death, Glassjaw, If These Trees Could Talk, more.

None. I deleted my Facebook a while back, and it was the only social networking site I used.

I watch Anime, love to play console RPGs and other videogames, and like to mess with computers. I'm pretty much a nerd at heart I guess.

N/A

I'm 24 years old, currently enrolled at the University of Akron majoring in CIS: Cisco Networking. As many of you know I have pretty bad anxiety that's been affecting my life the last few years, and in the last year I've seem to have developed some hypochondriac tendencies. I used to be in an anime DVD fansub group, we pretty much put subtitles on the Japanese DVD and redistributed them online, but left since physical media is dying (and it was a pain stacking time suck). I'm really insecure about my future, because I'm pretty sure I choose the wrong major (even though I love computers), but somehow I still take life a day at a time. I'm hoping to move out to Seattle in the next few years, but I'll have to see how my life is then. Not much else I guess, I'm pretty boring.

Santiago (means St. James in Spanish...James = Jimmy, hence my username...that, and it is a Simpsons character)

Favorite Bands:

Too many to list, but here a few select choices...The Vindictives, Cult Ritual, Desmond Dekker, Adrenalin O.D., Fela Kuti, The Underground Railroad To Candyland, Medeski Martin and Wood, anything Ari Hoenig or Wayne Shorter does (and most of what Miles and Herbie did), Soft Machine, and Thee Oh Sees.

www.twitter.com/worldwidezoo <-- little to no activity on it though.

I also lurk on FB as WorIdwide Zoo (band profile)

Playing music and any other artistic endeavors, unofficially collecting vintage music equipment, skateboarding, learning about electrical engineering/electronics/etc. (aka applied mathematics), bullshitting with friends, playing video games, and probably some more things that I can't think of at the moment.

Yep, Worldwide Zoo...

www.worldwidezoo.net

I dunno...I enjoy all the ridiculous math I have to know for my degree? I write/use scissors left-handed, but play bass, throw a football, and skateboard right handed (I skate regular as opposed to goofy).

Other than that...[image]

Jake

Favorite Bands:

Elliott Smith, Sigur Ros, Bomb the Music Industry!, La Dispute

www.twitter.com/jakecary (follow me!)

http://jakecary.tumblr.com/

Facebook - Jake Cary

Acting, writing, making movies. Hanging out with animals.

Used to play lots of acoustic shows in Illinois. If you need an opener around NYC get at me!

Things I dig: Video games, comics, stand-up, my cat (Cat Vonnegut), sports (Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls). Let's be friends!

I skateboard switch mongo. I always thought it was easier just to pump on whatever foot wasn't tired at the time.

I can push mongo with my normal pumping foot (right) in order to ride fakie, but my switch skills/balance need some work. I plan on "starting over" to teach myself how to ride switch more fluidly.

Cody

Favorite Bands:

Braid, Northstar, Saves the Day, mewithoutYou, Grown Ups, Algernon Cad.

www.twitter.com/hulkbear

www.facebook.com/thehulkamania

PSN:the_hulkamania

amature photoshopping, driving, hitting gold balls at the driving range, UT football, and I recently got my degree so I spend a lot of time trying to find a grown ass man job.

Paper Monsters

www.papermonsters.bandcamp.com

-I'm left handed.

-On the 4th of July I got drunk and cut all of my hair off and demanded someone put freedom stripes on the side (and they looked awesome.)

-I work at Hot Topic, currently because I was laid off from my old job as a sign manufacturer.

-I've been inside of the Sunsphere that was on the Simpsons.

-I may be a chubby dude, but I can do a killer fucking backflip into a swimming pool. No diving board necessary.

-I got hit by a car when I was 6.

-I got hit in the face by a baseball bat once.

Favorite quote: "Be Most Excellent To Each Other."

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Introduce Yourself!