Introduce Yourself!

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my name is Rob and I'm an alc----. Just Rob thank you!

Favorite Bands:

Between the Buried and Me, Every Time I Die, She & Him, Orbs, Deftones, Alkaline Trio, Ratatat, Pelican, City and Colour

What's your Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr etc.?:

http://www.facebook.com/rkfoster8

Hobbies (outside of record collecting):

Anything art related, collecting movies, vinyl, sports jerseys,

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us!:

Yeah. I do vocals and drums inside my car.

Random things you want us to know about you:

I'll listen to anything once. I want to travel everywhere and see everything. I smoke cigars but hate smoking. I'm a Capitals, Cubs, Titans, and Buckeyes fan for all very good reasons (not a bandwagoner). My goal in life is to become a Colorado State Patrol Officer or Arizona Highway Patrol Officer. The West fascinates me to no end and I'm doing anything I can to move out there.

you know derek weikel! ME TOO. (facebook stalking.)

Brent Lakes

Favorite Bands:

Pedro the Lion/David Bazan, Sun Kill Moon/Red House Painters/Mark Kozelek, Tooth & Nail, Animal Collector, and all things hipster related.

www.twitter.com/brentlakes

www.facebook.com/coachmcguirk

4 Loko, being a hipster and overall fat prick, flipping off little girls while driving, and Skyline Chili.

www.brokencircles.com

I have sensitive taste-buds so it means any food containing flavor and/or spice I can't eat because I'm a pussy.

you know derek weikel! ME TOO. (facebook stalking.)

No kidding! Well, we haven't met in person but he's a big Hershey Bears fan so we came across on a Capitals message board awhile back.

Solid taste in music as well.

haha derek's a good guy. i worked with him at pacsun for a couple years a loooong time ago, and he and my ex played in a band together for a little bit.

Brent Lakes

Favorite Bands:

Pedro the Lion/David Bazan, Sun Kill Moon/Red House Painters/Mark Kozelek, Tooth & Nail, Animal Collector, and all things hipster related.

www.twitter.com/brentlakes

www.facebook.com/coachmcguirk

4 Loko, being a hipster and overall fat prick, flipping off little girls while driving, and Skyline Chili.

www.brokencircles.com

I have sensitive taste-buds so it means any food containing flavor and/or spice I can't eat because I'm a pussy.

[image]

chris birdwell (too many Chistopher's in the world apparently, my name was changed to my last name, against my will, in 3rd or 4th grade unforunately)

Favorite Bands:

The Murder City Devils, The Snake The Cross The Crown/Curbside Service, Boston, Grade, Northstar, Beulah, The Pine Hill Haints, Lucero, Hot Water Music, Beatles, Thin Lizzy, ect. ect. ect. (as with everybody I could go on and on and on and on and on)

I go to/attended The University of Alabama...you can find me on facebook if you care, I didn't change my url when all that crap became available

Black and White Photography and listening to music in general...I've realized I'm not too good at much of anything in the past few years...I used to really enjoy playing music and recording music, unfortunately that's become more and more of an imposibility as of late...also become more and more aware of my age and my lack of actual talent each and every day, reality bites

don't have anything current, but I continue to randomly write and record

http://www.myspace.com/projectraisetheflag some of my stuff is up here

http://www.myspace.com/theauxilary did this for a little while...wasn't 100% into the music, but had a blast with these guys

didn't start drinking until halfway through my 22 year of life...but apparently have made up for lost time in the past 5 years (for better or worse). I don't quite understand how people still beleive in God/Higher Power...the Easter Bunny is fake, Santa is fake, Tooth Fairy is fake...there's a common trend here, but to each their own, whatever makes you happy I suppose (wish Christians didn't spend so much time pushing their beliefs on others though). I'm absolutely an Alabama Football Fanatic. I thrive on live music. I work at the number 2 Jimmy John's in the nation (as based on Royalty Sales) our store holds the top 4 spots on their single-day sales records for the entire 27 years the company has been around...wish I got paid accordingly, been there for 6 years (for every one of the top 4 spots) and can still barely keep my head above water. Seem to hate my job more and more and more each and every day. I feel like I bitch about my life quite a bit, but I genuinely feel my life warrents it. I can't stand cats, in the past 4 years I've had a cat have liquid shits on my chest while I was sleeping and another piss all over me while I was trying to sleep...Fuck cats. One of my best-friends of 10 or so years (who owned the first cat mentioned) left me high and dry after he and his girlfriend dicked me out of around $200 about 2.5 years ago and moved to Seattle...didn't see that one coming, honestly...shit's weak. I think about selling my vinyl almost daily now. I think about getting a band together almost daily as well. My family life ain't the greatest...starting to think it might be affecting my life more than I ever thought it would. I have been diagnosed with High Blood Pressure, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Depression....all of which I currently do not take any kind of medication for....wish I had more money. I'm 2 classes away from finally graduating from the University of Alabama...been almost 10 years now (on and off)...shit's weak. Plan on moving to Austin, Texas in the very near future.

edit: actual fun fact. I'm the kid singing along front and center on the insert photograph of Frank Turner's "Poetry of the Deed" album

p.s. been drinking a bit, so if spelling/gramatical errors are present, that'd be why

Alan

Favorite Bands:

Tool, In Flames, Isis, Nin, Rammstein, Amon Amarth, Tori Amos, Wolves in the Throne Room, Slayer, Joy Division, Skeletonwitch, The Black Dahlia Murder, Witchcraft, Nadja, All That Remains, A Perfect Circle, Mogwai, Black Mountain, The Protomen, Las Cruces, Cee Lo Green, My Bloody Valentine, Rosetta, Finntroll, Actionslacks, Nile, Megadeth, Howl (Metal), Tom Waits, Peter Green, Scorpions, High On Fire, RUSH, Katatonia, Sleep, Yob, The Devil's Blood, Krallice, Something About Death or Dying, Sanctus Bellum, Old Sepultura, Bal-Sagoth, Alice in Chains, Baroness, Today Is the Day, Om, Lacuna Coil, Pelican, Red Sparowes, Cannibal Corpse, Dio, Frank Zappa, Sunn O))), Boris, Orthodox, Old Man Gloom, Jesu, Pink Floyd, System of a Down, Mastodon, Tribes of Neurot, Godflesh, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, The Mars Volta, Shadows Fall, Satyricon, Strapping Young Lad, Unearth, Lamb of God, Black Sabbath, Sigur Ros, Velvet Acid Christ, KMFDM, Murder By Death, VAST, Leaves' Eyes, The Pixies, Cult of Luna, Fear Factory, Tricky, Portishead, Misfits, ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, Danzig, Cake, Thee Silver Mt. Zion, Children Of Bodom, Opeth, VNV Nation, Neurosis, The Clash, Dethklok, Chuck Schuldiner, AHAB, Spiritual Beggars, The MC5, Ennio Morricone, Solitude Aeturnus, Andrew W.K., The Gates of Slumber, Anvil, Spiro Agnew, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Reverend Bizarre, GIANT SQUID

www.twitter.com/toothofthewolf

www.facebook.com/jesusstolemymoped

reading, watching movies, and learning about weird occult stuff.

I am the only person on here with a metal vest. i go to more metal shows in a year then most people have been to in 5. i've had 3 ribs broken at a Deicide concert. I've met Henry Rollins, Trent Reznor, Peter Murphy, Fiona Apple, The Robinson Brothers, Stephen Carpenter, and Tom Morrello. THIS COOKIE IS DELICIOUS!

Derek

Favorite Bands:

Converge, Bad Religion, Snapcase, Against Me!, Mastodon, plus hundreds more.

http://www.facebook.com/derek.atkinson

http://twitter.com/destroythescene

http://www.last.fm/user/destroythescene

Hobbies (outside of record collecting): / Random things you want us to know about you:

I spent 7 years going to school for psychology and journalism and now I work for a computer electronics company. I train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and am a big MMA fan (but I don't wear Tapout or Affliction shirts), follow hockey religiously, and spend my free time playing video games and raising my 1.5 year old son. I'm looking forward to teaching him how to skate this winter!

Here's a terrible pic of me and an awesome pic of my son before we head off to Beijing!

[image]

- Got a little boy who is now 2.5 and is wise enough to tell me that CONVERGE is "too loud Daddy, play Wiggles"

Sounds familiar. My son used to smile whenever I played Pig Destroyer. Now he looks at me like I'm a fucking retard. It's amazing how just a few months affects the discerning tastes of a toddler.

Favorite Bands: I could rattle my brain and come up with a list, but it's easier to just put my last.fm here:

http://www.last.fm/user/garrygumguru

I'm pretty anti-social, so I don't have much need for social networking sites.

I love watching movies from the 30s, 40s, and 50s. I'm super bummed that I don't get Turner Classic Movies on my TV anymore, but I get a few more things done now...and I don't stay up until odd hours or get up super early to catch a movie anymore which is nice.

I do not. But a fun fact, my user name comes from middle school/ early high school when I wanted to start a ska band and name it: Garry Gum Guru and Billy the Frog. Not kidding. I just kinda stuck with it for screen names throughout the years. I also had an idea for characters/ logos that would include a wizard blowing a giant bubble (Garry Gum Guru) and then just a normal sized frog (Billy). I love gimmicky things.

Side note: I'm super excited for the Ska Is Dead 7" series.

I'm straight edge. I have a sweet dog that's most likely a German Shepard/ Dachshund mix, and her name is Casey. All of my pet's names have started with "C".

And...great faces, great places South Dakota.

Mike

Favorite Bands:

Weezer, Thrice, Johnny Cash, The Lawrence Arms, Caspian

www.twitter.com/smailtronic

www.facebook.com/smail

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smailtronic/sets/

travel, photography, going to shows, bass, guitar, my daughter, sports (both real and fantasy)

Not for many years

I control the sky. No, really. I work in a planetarium and get paid to fly people around the universe. It's pretty fantastic.

I have a sweet dog that's most likely a German Shepard/ Dachshund mix, and her name is Casey. All of my pet's names have started with "C".

pics? my dog is half german shepard/half beagle and no one believes me that such a mix exists!

- Got a little boy who is now 2.5 and is wise enough to tell me that CONVERGE is "too loud Daddy, play Wiggles"

Sounds familiar. My son used to smile whenever I played Pig Destroyer. Now he looks at me like I'm a fucking retard. It's amazing how just a few months affects the discerning tastes of a toddler.

I always laughed to myself when I drove my nephew around. We'd go from Between the Buried and Me............to Backyardigans........oh the horror.

I have a sweet dog that's most likely a German Shepard/ Dachshund mix, and her name is Casey. All of my pet's names have started with "C".

pics? my dog is half german shepard/half beagle and no one believes me that such a mix exists!

Really? Sweet! I'd love to see pics of yours too!

[image]

[image]

[image]

Trevor

Favorite Bands:

Radiohead, These Arms Are Snakes, David Bazan, Nine Inch Nails, The Blood Brothers, Smashing Pumpkins, Liars, Beck, Eels, Animal Collective, Silverchair, mewithoutYou, Fear Before The March Of Flames

http://www.facebook.com/trevor.pitruzzello

http://www.twitter.com/tpitruzzello

http://www.last.fm/pittrevo

Video games. Cycling.

I used to sing in a little prog-post-hardcore outfit that recently broke up.

http://www.myspace.com/torussia

I've also got some new jams in the pipes that I'll post about soon enough.

I'm 26 tomorrow. Married. Mormon. I'm part owner of an indie video game store.

Mike Jones (Yes... It really is)

Favorite Bands:

Tom Waits, Lucero, Tim Barry, Two Cow Garage, Murder City Devils, Turbonegro, Rage Against The Machine, The Black Keys, Pearl Jam, The Gaslight Anthem, Against Me!, William Elliott Whitmore, Lucinda Williams, Beastie Boys, Dropkick Murphy's, Jimmy Buffett, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams III, Supersuckers, Boss Hog, The Distillers, Counting Crows, Shooter Jennings, Grayson Capps..........

On Facebook I'm under Mike Jones. I know there are lots of Mike Jones' out there, so I'm under Virgil's and DevinR's friends lists for anyone looking for me. I don't twitter and I don't keep a blog.

I like beer, specifically hops. Drink as much craft beer as I can. Used to do a lot of rock climbing and backpacking. I read (I like Mary Roach, Bill Bryson, Steve Alten, Cormac McCarthy, Howard Zinn. I also read Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, and Dawkins). I collect screen printed movie posters like the Alamo Drafthouse ones.

Nope. But am learning to play guitar finally.

Am definitely not straightedge or vegan. Big fan of sports (Cleveland Browns, Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Reds, St Louis Blues). I love old Universal Horror, Monty Python, Tarantino and over-dubbed kung-fu movies. Also really enjoy live music and Cedar Point.

Favorite Bands: Jawbreaker, Thin Lizzy, Los Crudos, Elvis Costello, Gene Krupa, Slayer, His Hero Is Gone, Superchunk, Boston, and many others.

I have not a one. I'm pretty proud of that sorta.

Low-brow art, Bukowski, disc golf, movies, music, guitar stuff, and other crud.

n/a

I'm somewhat of a recluse and misanthrope. I work, play my guitar, and browse the net, and watch lots of Numb3rs, and Law & Order. I frequent the record stores between the hours of 10-11pm. And i love me some good bbq. I have more friends who live out of state than who live in my hometown.

Matthew

Favorite Bands:

The Beatles, Cursive, All Heroes, Led Zeppelin, Glassjaw, New Found Glory, Counterfit, Hey Mercedes, The Suicide File, Refused... etc.

I have a facebook with around 15 friends, which is embarrassing enough without linking you all to it.

I like school and reading, that takes up most of my days. I watch a lot of movies, that takes up most of my nights. I have only recently started reading comics, mostly Batman comics I steal from friends. I also like movie posters. I have Milk and Wall-e in this room, Forbidden Planet and Annie Hall in the living room.

I suppose the band I'm in broke up but then again we were never really a band just a bunch of friends. Never played a show, or recorded on anything besides a tape recorder in the garage. Our name was Rock Taco.

I've been a member of this board for a little while but never post. I usually just check the vinyl section for updates on upcoming releases. Perhaps I'll venture over here more. I'm 23 years old. I didn't think I would ever be involved in academia after graduating from high school and for three years after that I wasn't, but now I am at Davis studying to be a research professor of evolutionary theory. I guess you could call me straight edge in the sense that I don't drink or use any other recreational drugs, but I don't really associate myself with that label. I have two kittens, Charles Darwin and Frank Sinatra, and they wake me up at 5 am every day. And I'm going on a bike ride in the morning!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Introduce Yourself!