Pedro The Lion entire Catalogue Repress

tokimedo

People who ordered from MerchNow, anyone else not get a confirmation email? I got a PayPal receipt, but nothing from MerchNow.

I thought that was strange.

i did.

Your order number is 1234567

Order Summary:

1 x $13.00 Winners Never Quit LP

1 x $13.00 Control LP

1 x $13.00 It's Hard To Find A Friend LP

1 x $13.00 The Only Reason I Feel Secure LP

1 x $13.00 Achilles Heel LP

1 x $3.00 Axe Turntable Slipmat

1 x $2.00 Axe Art Print

Shipping: $6.15

Tax: $6.09

Total: $82.24

Invite me over Alex. Let's drink lots of alcohol and get super depressed.

Hell yeah dude. I've got a box of wine and a bottle of bourbon on hand.

Not sure if this was posted and I'm just missing it but are these 180 gram - or any more info about the pressings?

All that's known so far is:

• Black vinyl
  • Not limited
  • Remastered for vinyl by TW Walsh (Jade Tree albums are CD sourced)
  • It's Hard to Find a Friend and The Only Reason I Feel Secure are the original Made in Mexico mixes (Jade Tree reissues were apparently remixed)

are cds being reissued too? just curious. i'm more concerned that the mp3 codes these come with are digital remasters.

This is a good question. There's no way they'd reissue CDs at this point (even if they included bonus content, I don't think PtL has a big enough fan base to justify manufacturing thousands of copies of a dead band's album in a dead medium), but I imagine they'd want to have the downloads be the remastered versions if they're putting this much work into it.

I'm still waiting for a singles comp, not to mention a Christmas singles comp. I'm tired of digging through my boxes for the Sub Pop single every time I want to drunkenly sing along to Song B.

Somehow this gets to the third page despite the fact that these records have been out of print forever and this band is better than every other band.

I guess when it's an unlimited pressing on black vinyl, it's hard for VC to get excited about.

More info from Bazan's manager:

"the previous versions of those record never sounded good. unfortunately, these were released when no one cared about vinyl and it was an afterthought. i think all of the original LPs were just cut from the CDs. The original Control vinyl sounds terrible. thin and weird compared to the CD. at least the two copies i have. maybe the stampers were worn out and i got some near the end of the run? i'm always bummed when i see those records go for big money on ebay.

the idea was to make the best possible sounding records and have the retail price be about $15. so we went back and tried to do it right this time.

the remastering TW did sounds great! We sent those high resolution files to the pressing plant to cut new lacquers.

they're all being pressed on standard 150g black vinyl. best balance of quality and value.

some people say colored vinyl does not sounds as good or last as long as black vinyl because the vinyl compound is different.

personally, i could never tell any difference in sound quality between 180g and 150g records. but there'a a substantial price difference. it didn't seem worth the extra expense to get thicker records that sounded the same.

i talked to some very knowledgable people involved in vinyl production and they all suggested 150g black vinyl.

the mp3s downloads that come with the records will be the new remastered audio."

I agree with Alex. It's a damn shame a great band like PTL isn't getting more attention on the boards. All of these albums are very good with a couple being nearly perfect (IHTFAF & Control).

Anybody who loves music would have a slightly retarded music collection without some Beatles, Dylan and PTL.