What Test Presses do you own?

So pumped, CLOUD BOAT, posted a photo of their FB and Instagram a few weeks back saying they found a handful of test pressing of various stuff, and people were to respond with, 'poem' 'photo' or explanation as to why they deserve one! I offered a Print of one of my photos (photographer as my second job) and they picked me as a lucky winner! I think there were 2 other people...

They sent me for FREE from the UK, not 1 but 2 test pressings! Their new album MODEL OF YOU and the RSD 12" PINK GRIN!!!! Happy these are actually 'real test pressings' not the new silly 'so called' tests where they just press a bunch and don't put labels on them and call them tests. A true test pressing is usually less than 5 or so, or the number of people in the band...anything beyond that, used to sell, seems to defeat the definition...

If you haven't heard of Cloud Boat check them out! They are still getting know but my guess is they will keep getting bigger, they are really good musicians! 

64F11331-0A52-40CA-B962-0D80EDE65065_zps

85EBD4B7-ECA7-4C27-BE6D-5F3087D53108_zps

Hate to burst your bubble, but that BJORK is NOT a test pressing! It is a promo...they just used those label...there are thousands of those...I've come across 4 of them in the past 5 or so years...at a few different stores, and I owned 1 and my brother has 1...they are fairly common...I of course also thought it was a test and was so pumped when I got one for $15 at a store...DOh!

Hate to burst your bubble, but that BJORK is NOT a test pressing! It is a promo...they just used those label...there are thousands of those...I've come across 4 of them in the past 5 or so years...at a few different stores, and I owned 1 and my brother has 1...they are fairly common...I of course also thought it was a test and was so pumped when I got one for $15 at a store...DOh!

Someone should call the number on that label and confirm!

Here is what I've been able to gather up...

The Cure - Disintegration 2 LP - Rhino test press

The Cure - Entreat Plus  2 LP - Rhino test press

The Mark Lanegan Band 1 LP - No Bells on Sunday - Heavenly

The Mark Lanegan Band 1 LP - Phantom Radio - Heavenly

The Mark Lanegan Band 2 LP - Blue Funeral

Mark Lanegan 1 LP - Whiskey for the Holy Ghost - Sub Pop

Moby - Innocents 2 LP - Little Idiot

Screaming Trees 1 LP - Buzz Factory - SST

Screaming Trees 1 LP - Invisible Lantern - SST

Screaming Trees 1 LP - Other Worlds

As you can see, I'm trying to track down any test presses with Mark Lanegan on them. 

My vinyl collecting goals are easy... to be a "The Cure vinyl completest" and anything Mark Lanegan related "vinyl completest"....it's an expensive goal, but I'll get it done!  Right now I've got over 200 The Cure Records and my Mark Lanegan collection is almost complete, but they are both ridiculously expensive habits....I just need those test presses!

• 3 weeks later...

Cerce - s/t ( /?? Black)

I Kill Giants - We Can Live In The Exact Same Place (2/5 Black)

Xerxes - Would You Understand (11/20 Black)

Departures - Teenage Haze (5/20 Black)

Monument - Goes Canoeing ( /34 Black)

State Faults - Resonate/Desperate (19/20 Black)

Xerxes - Our Home Is A Deathbed (12/20 Black)

And these ones are in the mail.

Old Gray - Everything I Let Go... 7" EP /10 - Colour card cover, alternate 'Freaks and Geeks' art by Raph Bastek

Orchid Tribute 12" LP Test Press /10 - Riso printed cover

Todos Caeran / Tel Fyr - Split 12" LP Test Press /10

You'll Live - Lost. Forgotten. Abandoned. Buried. 7" EP /10 - Foldover card cover art

I won a GroupLove test pressing from InSound at some point. I have no damn clue which album it is though. I also have a Classixx test pressing that Innovative Leisure sent along with my replacement BBNG 2 record.

I was supposed to win a test pressing of Chvrches "Bones of What You Believe" from the Record Store Day website, but they sent me an autographed red version of the album instead, so I'm not too choked up about it.

I enter a lot of stupid contests.

Someone should call the number on that label and confirm!

http://www.discogs.com/Björk-Homogenic/release/558336

Considering 70 people alone plus 12 copies actively for sale (many of which say promo in description)  have this via discogs collection its fair to say its a promo...it also goes for a little less than a standard copy...so no need to call the label its a promo! Hate to be bearer of bad news I was sad when I found it out myself as I thought I scored an amazingly rare test press for next to nothing....