solid mail day

adambomb

i remember when i was a kid they rolled out a new character called sleepwalker that i was totally into. the art in those books (they only did about 33 issues) was totally frightening and surreal, bordering on psychadelic. i thought it was really awesome, but i guess not that many people thought so.

i remember working in a comic book/card shop when Superman was killed. That was certainly a twist.

robotnerd - if you go back a page you'll see a spiderman figurine. that's what started all this. someone asked where that came from.

got my interpunk order today; goddamn it they waste packaging. also, my tbs sleeve was torn all along the bottom.

anyhow:

taking back sunday - tell all your friends (on clear orange, i think we decided this was second pressing?)

papermoons 7"

the steinways - missed the boat (cd)

Great call on the Steinways. I looooooooooooooooooove that album.

great record. love the bass player.

also, i think i still have the "graphic novel" that collected the whole 'superman dies' storyline. my dad bought it when he was on a business trip to toronto. that's among the coolest things he's ever done.

I totally still have this. I remember I was a lot younger and I bought 2 copies because I thought it'd be worth something. boy was I wrong.

different note, are those marvel vs army of darkness comics available or hard to get?

i haven't received anything in about a week; i'm not taking it very well.

Ditto. I have so much stuff in my "Incoming" list (including shit I bought from people on this board -- some of you need to hurry the fuck up when it comes to shipping things) that I'm completely stunned that all I've gotten in the past week is a lowly 7-inch.

fuck, i alway get excited when i get home from work because i'm hoping for a package to be waiting for me on the table but i keep being disappointed. if nothing comes tomorrow, i should get a nice pile of packages next week.

got my interpunk order today; goddamn it they waste packaging. also, my tbs sleeve was torn all along the bottom.

anyhow:

taking back sunday - tell all your friends (on clear orange, i think we decided this was second pressing?)

papermoons 7"

the steinways - missed the boat (cd)

Great call on the Steinways. I looooooooooooooooooove that album.

Crafty Records is releasing it on a 10" next month. They're pressing three colors: purple, yellow and black (I think). It's going to be soooo rad.

Guest scriptedrain
i havent received anything in over four days!!! and i have about 20+ records on their way. WTF?!?! total bummer sauce

At one point, me and Jess had 19 records on their way for about a week and a half because of waiting for shipping and us moving. We finally received some yesterday.

- Jeff

Guest falloutcollapse

my dad now taunts me everyday by waking me up, telling me i have a package, and watching me laugh as a frown at the nothingness the mailman has delivered

and my 25 cd's from asian man records. Stoked!

what cds were there? if you don't mind me asking

This is what I got, some of this stuff I never heard of before so I might mis-label some stuff

Screeching Weasel - Anthem For A New Tomorrow

Littlejeans - EP

Various Artist - 10 Minutes to Ogikubo Station

EE - For 100 We Try Harder

Chris Murray - The 4-Track Adventures

Good For Cows - Bebop Fantasy

Blue Meanies - Kiss Your Ass Goodbye!

The Toasters - Enemy of the System

The Bruce Lee Band - Beautiful World

Mu330 - Oh Yeah! (Live?)

Potshot - Pots and Shots

Slapstick - 25 Songs

10 In the Swear Jar - Accordion Solo!

Colossal - Welcome the Problems

Pama International - Float Like A Butterfly

Let's Go Bowling - Freeway Lanes

Less Than Jake - Pezcore

Potshot - 'Til I Die

Dan Potthast - Eyeballs

Link 80 - The Struggle Continues...

Rudiments - Bitch Bitch Bitch

Bagheera - Twelves

The Lawrence Arms - Cocktails and Dreams

Alkaline Trio - Goddamnit

Teen Idols - Shaddow Man

that's not a bad spread...i wish i'd had the cash to get one of those...

I really shouldn't have bought it either since I'm now in the middle of a move and need to be putting money aside for the new place, haha. I keep saying this to myself while I currently have about 5-10 records on their way, haha my self control is really bad.