The Walking Dead

mcm1610

That was a great way to get me invested in this season. Very excited to see where they go from here.

The clip of Morgan at the end was rad, and i'm excited to see how they handle Father Gabriel

For anyone who is into the blu rays, the season 3 special edition "Governors fish tank" version is on sale on Amazon for $35. This one retails for over $100 and usually hovers around $80, so it was crazy to see it this low.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/The-Walking-Dead-The-Complete-Third-Season-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d054%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-054-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00CATONCA&ASIN=B00CATONCA&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My only gripe about the season opener was, if Terminus was this train station in the woods that has been taking everybody days to walk to through forests and isolated living and general Podunkery, where the hell did they get a stainless steel, eight person long bathtub to do the executions? They even showed it piped to somewhere when the blood was running down the drain. Let's not forget all the stainless steel examination tables they were using for the butchering.

I've never been in the back of house operations of a train station, but I wouldn't think these things would be commonplace.

Yes, they could have traveled by vehicle to pick them up, but from where? The towns they have been showing all last season are small. Even if there was a coroner's office, would he need a tub that big? For a population that small, you could probably drain them into a sink.

My only gripe about the season opener was, if Terminus was this train station in the woods that has been taking everybody days to walk to through forests and isolated living and general Podunkery, where the hell did they get a stainless steel, eight person long bathtub to do the executions? They even showed it piped to somewhere when the blood was running down the drain. Let's not forget all the stainless steel examination tables they were using for the butchering.

I've never been in the back of house operations of a train station, but I wouldn't think these things would be commonplace.

Yes, they could have traveled by vehicle to pick them up, but from where? The towns they have been showing all last season are small. Even if there was a coroner's office, would he need a tub that big? For a population that small, you could probably drain them into a sink.

The tub was a butchers tub, but a coroner, butcher's shop, hospital or funeral home could have had the tables. I agree that it stretched the limits of my belief though.

I was secretly hoping you were going to reply to this.

Haha! I do love The Walking Dead :)

We don't have any of the stuff in this episode, but I've seen plenty of those tables in my day. Hospitals always seem to have them, the ME's office here uses something similar and I've been to a number of funeral homes that have them. Our tables aren't that nice though :/

I'm glad the table and not the zombies is what stretches the limits of your imagination.....

Ha! Well obviously the zombies aren't real, I get that, but it's the point of the show!  :P

It's like if someone all of a sudden pulled out a missile launcher from nowhere and nobody questioned it, that would seem amiss even in a show where I'm suspending disbelief that there aren't actually zombies.

Edit: besides, it was the tub, not the tables!;)

I'm glad the table and not the zombies is what stretches the limits of your imagination.....

Within the confines of the show, the zombies have been explained.

How a group of cannibals got a huge specialty bathtub to a remote section of the woods and then piped it to what I assume can only be a non-functioning sewer system when they could just as easily drain bodies into the showers or kitchen sinks or fields or anything that would be readily available at a train station in a remote section of the woods has not been.

Within the confines of the show, the zombies have been explained.

How a group of cannibals got a huge specialty bathtub to a remote section of the woods and then piped it to what I assume can only be a non-functioning sewer system when they could just as easily drain bodies into the showers or kitchen sinks or fields or anything that would be readily available at a train station in a remote section of the woods has not been.

Excellent explanation, better than I put it.

Also, I can never tell when Ben is joking, or just being a dick.

I think it's too soon for them to introduce Negan. Plus if you remember from the comics Negan is very against sexual violence. And whoever was holding the now leaders of Terminus was raping their women. I'm thinking they originally lead Terminus as an actual safe haven, and trusted the wrong people, who then took over. Plus, in that weird cult room with the names written in chalk everywhere, on the wall it says, "Never Trust" and "Us First, Always." Thinking it was just some random, no name psychopaths. And when they took it back over is what turned them into cannibals.

I thought the same thing. I didn't see anyone mention in this thread, but apparently, the fake Negan had face tattoos and ended up being the guy they let out after they escaped. I can't wait for Negan to be introduced though

So what does the cdc guy whisper in ricks ear at the end of season 1?

Anyone else think Jenner looked like Fat Mike?

yalesJc.jpg

Yeah, I went out of my way to make this. So what?

Now, I haven't read the graphic novels but I've got an understanding of how things go. So far I've been pretty disappointed by the deviations from the plot in the novels, at least how I understand it - namely killing Lori, Dane, and Hershel when they did. I feel that all three of those deaths could have been more impactful if played out better, but that's just me.

Anyway, I loved the second half of season four and the first episode of season five really blew out my expectations. It's impressive that these writers were able to cram like, three seasons of characterization into the second part of season four and still get away with it. I like everybody now, even Carol. Shit.

After the premiere on Sunday, the writers talked about Gareth - an original character - being a re-work of a villain from around this time in the comics. That suggests to me that Gareth is their take on Negan, but I could be totally off-base here, since apparently Negan is a major villain, out-badding even the Governor. 

Anyway, this could either be very good or very bad ...

depending on whether Gareth kills Glenn as Negan did.

At this point in time, Gareth is bad, but he's not real bad - he's like the Governor when we first met him, relatable even after seeing him do some fucked up shit (personally, I liked the Governor almost to the end, because I was always able to see through his... well, one eye). So if he does do it, it's going to seem like a cheap play to establish him as real bad without any characterization, which would be a terrible misstep.

Not to mention it would be killing off a fan-favorite major character without fully exploring his relationship with Maggie. Glenn has got to make it out of this season for that to work.

But I could be totally wrong here. Gareth and Terminus could be filler and Negan could be introduced later this season, but something about him feels like he's definitely going to be the over-arching bad guy even if there are more minor antagonists this season. 

I hated how they killed Lori but left Judith kicking.

I also think that since they killed off Andrea, who is a total fucking BADASS in the comics, they're having Carol take over her role in the show. Still not sure why they decided to kill her off on the show. I guess they don't want it to be just like the comics.

So what does the cdc guy whisper in ricks ear at the end of season 1?

But yo, I thought he said 'There's no hope" and it implied it was airborne

I don't know. I haven't watched since Season 2 episode 3-4.

Pretty sure Rick also explains what was whispered to him to the remaining survivors in the last episode of season 2, right before they find the jail.

I think they killed Andrea in the show because she was a lousy actress. The only people left from season 1 are the decent actors and Carl.

Yeah, her actress sucked, but she was such a big character in the comics!

Granted, I've only read up through the second big collection so far. Can't bring myself to buy the individual TPBs or comics as they come out. :/

Anywho, I guess I never really expected them to follow to closely to the comics and I'm glad they've changed some stuff up, otherwise it might be a little boring.