The Walking Dead

mcm1610

So many questions from a person who is obviously going to shit on my opinion anyways, but screw it...

I'm not alone in thinking it's become extremely bland and that was a lame bail out. I'm very aware this isn't a fucking Michael Bay movie, it's also not on the level of The Sopranos or The Wire, so don't play that "it's a drama" card.

My wife likes this show and wants me to watch it with her so I do, I would've given up on it by now. It's the same damn formula over and over again:

We gotta find a new place to live.

Hey we found a place!

Oh no, there's bad people, hope the don't get us!

Uh-oh, they tried, and in the process fucked up our new home, guess we gotta run.

Oh no, we're split up (again).

Hey look, we're all back together!

Over. And over. And over.

It's the most realistic fantasy/horror ever made. :lol::P

This show has gone through wild swings of good and bad since its conception. When it's good, it's an awesome, fun, and sometimes even meditative drama. When it's bad, it's so bland and boring. I wouldve expected that after the show *finally* settled on a showrunner that these pacing problems and growing pains would subside.

If you don't think the Glenn fakeout was a cheap ploy to keep viewers intrigued through these "boring" episodes than that is your opinion. Just like it's anyone else's right to say this show sucks.

I totally agree that the Glenn thing was unnecessary and frankly, kind of dumb but I think this season has been decent overall. At least for Walking Dead, which has never really been great TV anyway. They need to cut it to 10 or 12 episodes with no break. 

The dip in quality is related to the business of television. They don't have the budget to do full-cast and big set pieces for 16 episode. So you get an inordinate amount of bottle episodes each year. I'd bet, on some level, the staff is just as bummed as we are but the show must go on. 

Hows this season been? I've been busy and haven't watched an episode. Feel like I'm undecided between binge watching the whole thing to catch up and just giving up on it.

I think it has been real solid. Binging would probably be your best bet, especially since there is an entire Morgan backstory episode that bogs down the momentum.

What's getting tiresome is the naïveté of some the characters. Especially those who are more "seasoned". The whole Carol/Morgan argument shouldn't have happened. Morgan's incessant clinging to the idea of people being able to change is going to eventually get him killed.

What's getting tiresome is the naïveté of some the characters. Especially those who are more "seasoned". The whole Carol/Morgan argument shouldn't have happened. Morgan's incessant clinging to the idea of people being able to change is going to eventually get him killed.

That or get someone he cares about killed, causing him to question everything and possibly some beef with Rick depending who dies.

Was really hoping they did something big at the end.

The whole Carol/Morgan argument shouldn't have happened.

I think them bringing Morgan back shouldn't have happened. I doubt anyone even thought about him since the last time he encountered Rick. They're forcing the character and it's super annoying. His solo episode was cringe worthy, like we're supposed to believe a frumpy 40 year old man in the woods thought him how to whoop everyone's ass with a stick.

Also how many fucking speeches did Deanna need?

What would have be good

Carl doesn't say those dumbass lines, throws that kid in the doorway during the garage fight and zombies tear him apart.

Carol kills Morgan, and that weird fool with the busted ass grill. What's her name from Nurse Jackie lies and says Morgan attacked her, etc.

Glenn does something besides climb a tree.

Abraham and co. show up, start clearing out walkers.

They show more Rosita, cause she fine af.

Eugene quits being a bitch for 5 minutes and takes out a few walkers, then gets a haircut.

This show made me go from loving the mystique of Morgan to really disliking him in 8 episodes.  I was jacked he was still going to be a part of the show, but I agree his storyline right now sucks.  The only time my heart started racing was when Carol & Morgan were scuffling and I thought something was going to come of that.

One thing I am against though, is Eugene cutting that hair.  That thing is lit.

Deanna was annoying as shit, too.  

I don't get why they had to make Morgan's episode 90 minutes instead of the mid-season finale. And even with a regular running time, they could've done A LOT more. And yeah, Carol and Morgan shouldn't have fought. Morgan trying to change the Wolf dude is such an unnecessary subplot. And Porch Dick's kids are a pain in the ass.

So many questions from a person who is obviously going to shit on my opinion anyways, but screw it...

I'm not alone in thinking it's become extremely bland and that was a lame bail out. I'm very aware this isn't a fucking Michael Bay movie, it's also not on the level of The Sopranos or The Wire, so don't play that "it's a drama" card.

My wife likes this show and wants me to watch it with her so I do, I would've given up on it by now. It's the same damn formula over and over again:

Hey we found a place!

Oh no, there's bad people, hope they don't get us!

Uh-oh, they tried, and in the process fucked up our new home, guess we gotta run.

Oh no, we're split up (again).

Hey look, we're all back together!

Over. And over. And over.

Agreed. Then again, even when they're all together, it gets stale real quick (farm, prison, etc.), so I dunno. Maybe split them up for good, the group was already big before Alexandria.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just saw the post-credit scene.

Negan has arrived.