The Walking Dead

mcm1610

11 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

You might have missed the part when Eugene said over the radio that they needed more zombies and were to search the surrounding buildings. Thats not to say they couldnt have easily hid somewhere, but why start making smart decisions now. 

Is that what that was?  I remember the radio part, but I didn't catch on that he meant to search buildings.  His speech in that radio communication was so oddly-phrased it might have just gone over my head haha. 

Also....  not sure what's up with him not going with them.  That was unexpected. 

27 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

Yeah I don't know if it's because he feels valuable or what, or if he's just scared and knows if he tries to run he's for sure a goner?  I thought that was weird too.  

Probably a little bit of both, I would say.  He's got status now.  He didn't really have that before.  But he could have just said he was taken hostage at gun-point....

I think it might be because he feels a little lost in the group without Abraham. 

His turning point seemed to be when Negan told him he didn't have to be afraid anymore, so I took that to mean that he felt fearful for some reason when he was with the regular gang. Whether it's because he felt useless (his grift about being a scientist was gone) or he didn't trust Rick to protect him anymore or what.

I think he sees his role in the Saviours as a fresh start and he's got some solid protection there.

this show is getting so hard to watch.  The first thirty minutes of the show is character development followed by said character doing the exact opposite of what they believe in.

And everyone looks like they are crying at all times.

I really enjoyed the Rick / michonne just havin fun killin shit tho.  that was cool!

what's super fucking lame is that they're going to build up to the battle and then make us wait the season break.  The show is SO god damn predictable, which can be annoying.  I called Abraham's death right after that final episode ended, because they use the same arc development to bring about character demises.  It was so obvious. 

And I get that it's a TV show, but it is amazing that all of these different factions are just firing at perceived enemies and more people didn't get hit.  I'm glad for no big cliffhanger which are terrible story writing imo, but the highlights to me were the Queen of the trash asking to bed Rick, and Shiva being unleashed of course.

1 hour ago, aopps42 said:

the Queen of the trash asking to bed Rick.

Speaking of her, what's with their manner of speaking? It's only been, what, a year since the apocolypse happened? We're supposed to believe that this huge group of people forgot how to speak normally and developed their own dialect? For all the suspension of disbelief that the show requires, you'd think they'd avoid unnecessary shit like that.

Literally the same finale as with the Governor.  Absolutely nothing resolved nor changed.  Can't wait for another 8 plus episodes building up to the same thing.  Real glad we got 25 minutes of close up shots of Sasha.  Didn't drag out the episode unnecessarily at all.  I'm starting to side with the folks who've been bitching about this show for years.  This season probably could have been chopped down to 4-5 episodes & accomplished the same thing.  So much useless filler with a bunch of characters I don't give a shit about.

2 hours ago, jerseypride said:

Speaking of her, what's with their manner of speaking? It's only been, what, a year since the apocolypse happened? We're supposed to believe that this huge group of people forgot how to speak normally and developed their own dialect? For all the suspension of disbelief that the show requires, you'd think they'd avoid unnecessary shit like that.

I was totally laughing at that. I said the same thing. Just a bunch of weirdos who decided talking like that instills a level of fear? 

i didnt hate the finale but ive come to accept the show for what it is and to not expect more than that. ive given up on the idea that it will "get better." 

the show is definitely not the same as it was early on. early seasons are vastly different to later ones in terms of both tone and pace.  frank darabont's departure was the start of these changes but the most noticeable differences are apparent after scott gimple was named the showrunner. im not gonna assume its all on him as nobody really knows the inner workings of the show in terms of budget, casting, etc. but im not really a fan of what hes done with the show overall - particularly all of the overly-dramatic character monologues. in any case, its pretty apparent to me that the show wants so badly to be game of thrones with a huge cast / epic story arc but doesnt currently have the budget or writing ability (or both) to pull it off.

Edited by mattisr1984

2 hours ago, mrewest said:

Literally the same finale as with the Governor.  Absolutely nothing resolved nor changed.  Can't wait for another 8 plus episodes building up to the same thing.  Real glad we got 25 minutes of close up shots of Sasha.  Didn't drag out the episode unnecessarily at all.  I'm starting to side with the folks who've been bitching about this show for years.  This season probably could have been chopped down to 4-5 episodes & accomplished the same thing.  So much useless filler with a bunch of characters I don't give a shit about.

Same here.   At this point I guess I still watch because I liked what it used to be and am loyal to a fault.  The introduction of Negan could have been great, but they totally fucked it up.  One of the problems to me anyway is the writing. It's a zombie show, but earlier on there was always solid character development. Negan has had a ton of screen time and any character development has been abysmal.  Same for all of the other characters that each got their own episode save from maybe Eugene..I guess.  I'm not sure if the writers have changed over the years, if thats what Gimple actually does or what, but it's trash these days.

1 hour ago, Han Solo said:

I wish they'd bring back more of the original horror aspects to make this a zombie show again but oh well. 

I seriously thought all of the gunfire was going to bring out the walkers. The only walker I remember from the episode (you know the one) actually got lost during the fighting and they had to find them in the end.

So, am I the only one that is super confused by Dwight's shit this episode?

Like, he was on their side.... cut down the trees, and Eugene runs into them with Negan and they're both like "wtf is this?" and then all of a sudden Dwight is back with Negan?  That made no sense. 

So was he double-crossing them the whole time, and working for Negan?  If he was so bent on fucking Negan, then why go back with him?  And why leave the statue that said "i didn't know"? 

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

So, am I the only one that is super confused by Dwight's shit this episode?

Like, he was on their side.... cut down the trees, and Eugene runs into them with Negan and they're both like "wtf is this?" and then all of a sudden Dwight is back with Negan?  That made no sense. 

So was he double-crossing them the whole time, and working for Negan?  If he was so bent on fucking Negan, then why go back with him?  And why leave the statue that said "i didn't know"? 

If he double crosses Negan in a situation that isn't fool proof and Rick and Co dont take him out then he's 100% fucked aka dead.

He "didn't know" that those trash ass garbage people were on Negan's payroll. He's trying to let them know that's he's still down for the cause.

47 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

If he double crosses Negan in a situation that isn't fool proof and Rick and Co dont take him out then he's 100% fucked aka dead.

He "didn't know" that those trash ass garbage people were on Negan's payroll. He's trying to let them know that's he's still down for the cause.

hmmm I'll have to re-watch, because maybe I missed something where the plan all along with them was that he would go back to Negan's camp after cutting down the trees. 

7 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

hmmm I'll have to re-watch, because maybe I missed something where the plan all along with them was that he would go back to Negan's camp after cutting down the trees. 

Yeah it was. At one point he says after they kill Negan and everyone with him he'd radio back to base that all is fine. I always took it as meaning that he'd show back up with Negan, and when he was dead would go off with Rick and co.

8 hours ago, himynameisShane said:

Yeah it was. At one point he says after they kill Negan and everyone with him he'd radio back to base that all is fine. I always took it as meaning that he'd show back up with Negan, and when he was dead would go off with Rick and co.

Exactly what I think was supposed to happen.  I'm still not sure what I think about Eugene, but it looks like Negan may be suspicious about his involvement with ******'s sacrifice.  Eugene tried to explain it away, but Negan didn't seem to be buying it.  I'm content with the finale.  It was apparent a few episodes ago that there was no way they would wrap up this "war" with so little time.  No major cliffhanger, just left to wonder who Eugene and Dwight are really loyal to, and at least we can hopefully look forward to some upcoming action.