The Walking Dead

mcm1610

On 3/24/2017 at 10:17 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

Probably a little bit of both, I would say.  He's got status now.  He didn't really have that before.  But he could have just said he was taken hostage at gun-point....

I got the impression that he's trying to manipulate Negan from the inside, especially since he stashed that figure that said, "didn't know," on it by the gate which Daryl later found. Seemed like Eugene was saying, "I didn't know the garbage people ratted you out/were going to turn on you." He had to have known was Sasha was up to, hence the iPod. I don't think he's a full blown traitor just yet. 

9 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I got the impression that he's trying to manipulate Negan from the inside, especially since he stashed that figure that said, "didn't know," on it by the gate which Daryl later found. Seemed like Eugene was saying, "I didn't know the garbage people ratted you out/were going to turn on you." He had to have known was Sasha was up to, hence the iPod. I don't think he's a full blown traitor just yet. 

Pretty sure the statue was placed by Dwight not Eugene

• 6 months later...

Thoughts on the S8 opener?

It felt too much of a stretch at trying to be artsy almost Lynchian with the flashforward/dream of old Rick and whatnot. And Father Gabriel has obviously not learned a damn thing. Trust no one.

The easter eggs that harkened back to the first episode were nice to spot.

57 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Thoughts on the S8 opener?

It felt too much of a stretch at trying to be artsy almost Lynchian with the flashforward/dream of old Rick and whatnot. And Father Gabriel has obviously not learned a damn thing. Trust no one.

The easter eggs that harkened back to the first episode were nice to spot.

It was OK. While i always enjoy A-team style montages, I am not sure how much ballistic protection corrugated aluminum provides. How could they miss Negan and his whole crew? However, it's going to be really hard to replace all the glass. Gonna get really drafty on swap meet day.

so it made me think that old rick flashfowards are just delusions of sweaty/redeyed rick that they kept showing throughout the ep.  I, of course, have no idea because ive never read the comics, but thats just what I got from it.

Also, I thought there was an army?  how did no one shoot back at rick and co.?  I guess it was a confusing episode for me.. 

looking forward to this season though!  Carl is still the worst.

9 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

so it made me think that old rick flashfowards are just delusions of sweaty/redeyed rick that they kept showing throughout the ep.  I, of course, have no idea because ive never read the comics, but thats just what I got from it.

Also, I thought there was an army?  how did no one shoot back at rick and co.?  I guess it was a confusing episode for me.. 

looking forward to this season though!  Carl is still the worst.

That's what it seemed like - the Vaseline smeared camera lens fever dreams  were coming from half delusional crystal chandelier mini-rainbow covered face rick. We'll see if they keep it up all season like a breaking bad stuffed animal in the pool.

It was confusing because it was confusing and silly. Less chatter more splatter. Where are all the magic walker headshot bullets when you need them?

Carl is, and will always be, the worst.

season premiere fell victim to all the obvious writing issues that has plagued the show for years but its whatever at this point. read this morning that viewership was estimated to be down 40% for the premiere compared to last season's premiere and down 32% compared to season 6. still a ton of people watching but those drops are substantial. if they spend the next 6 episodes just dicking around till the mid-season finale, im gonna start wondering how long this show is really going to last. 

31 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

did you guys watch fear of this summer?  I totally forgot about it, but I was liking where it was going.  

biggest peeve of the show is that its never, ever cold. 

I lost interest about halfway through the 2nd season.

Also, it never gets cold in Cali / Mexico, its been fucking 95-100 all week, bullshit.

Edited by IanRees

5 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

oh, the cold comment was to the walking dead, not the spinoff series, lol

that makes more sense, ha.

My biggest pet peeve of last episode is why the hell didn't Rick just shoot Neegan while he was giving his speech.

Edited by IanRees

14 hours ago, IanRees said:

My biggest pet peeve of last episode is why the hell didn't Rick just shoot Neegan while he was giving his speech.

Several people have had many chances to off Negan, the thing is that it's not about just Negan.  You have to destroy his image before you kill him or it's pointless.  Someone else will just fill the vacuum.  Negan knows it too, he puts himself in stupid situations because he cannot be seen flinching, he flinches he's over.  His power is in how people perceive him so to kill Negan you have to destroy that perception.

I'm so over the whole "motivational speech montages".  I don't give a fuck.  It happens like 3-4 times a season.  

I keep thinking to myself they constantly do the bare minimum to keep me interested, but I'm never excited about it.  Didn't even care the new season was starting.   It's becoming a chore to keep up on this show.  I hardly even care about any of the characters right now.  

Still stoked on the new season, though I realized exactly where I'm going to get bored of it.  They're going to draw out this fight for half the season and by midseason you're just going to want people to die, on both sides.

I mean, this isn't game of thrones.

so you know they aren't going to kill rick, why even bother leaving that as a cliff hanger?

8 hours ago, daegor said:

Still stoked on the new season, though I realized exactly where I'm going to get bored of it.  They're going to draw out this fight for half the season and by midseason you're just going to want people to die, on both sides.

I mean, this isn't game of thrones.

Hide contents

so you know they aren't going to kill rick, why even bother leaving that as a cliff hanger?

I was thinking that they might actually kill Rick this season. In interviews, Lincoln doesn't seem all that interested in continuing on a TV show. He's a classically trained actor and stage seems to be where he wants to return to.

This flashback nonsense could be a set up for his death in the finale.