The Walking Dead

mcm1610

25 minutes ago, dnl said:

I was thinking that they might actually kill Rick this season. In interviews, Lincoln doesn't seem all that interested in continuing on a TV show. He's a classically trained actor and stage seems to be where he wants to return to.

This flashback nonsense could be a set up for his death in the finale.

From everything I've heard, if Rick were to die, that will be the end of the show. 

1 hour ago, njpunkmusic said:

I feel like they need to start to wrap the series up and end it after another season or two.  I think people are starting to lose interest.  

Season premiere had 11.4 million viewers and was the top viewed show of that night.....so still lots of people interested.

(that being said the numbers were down from the year before).

23 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Season premiere had 11.4 million viewers and was the top viewed show of that night.....so still lots of people interested.

(that being said the numbers were down from the year before).

I understand where you are coming from, but I feel like the hype just isnt there anymore.  And for most people who watch it, they feel like its a chore now since they have seen every episode and feel obligated to keep watching.  I've wanted to stop at least 3 times in the last 3 years, but just cant do it.

3 minutes ago, njpunkmusic said:

I understand where you are coming from, but I feel like the hype just isnt there anymore.  And for most people who watch it, they feel like its a chore now since they have seen every episode and feel obligated to keep watching.  I've wanted to stop at least 3 times in the last 3 years, but just cant do it.

You're speaking generally about yourself, while labeling "every one".

I still enjoy the show thoroughly.

The hype is there, you just don't see it....because you've stopped caring.

The ratings are there, but you don't think that counts.....because you've stopped caring. 

You feel like watching it is a chore or an obligation, because (you guessed it) YOU have stopped caring.

Maybe you should just stop watching.  I think the show will do okay with 11.3 million.

25 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

You're speaking generally about yourself, while labeling "every one".

I still enjoy the show thoroughly.

The hype is there, you just don't see it....because you've stopped caring.

The ratings are there, but you don't think that counts.....because you've stopped caring. 

You feel like watching it is a chore or an obligation, because (you guessed it) YOU have stopped caring.

Maybe you should just stop watching.  I think the show will do okay with 11.3 million.

makes sense.  not here to argue.  I see your point.  But everyone I know who watches the show feels the same way.  

Thought that was a real good episode.  Action packed start to finish.  I like when they tackle different groups in one episode.  Keeps it moving & keeps any one aspect from dragging on too long.

One of my issues with the show is that each episode seems to be so stylistically different from one another.  I think having multiple people direct episodes hurts the continuity.   I don't know if the same person directed ep 1 & 2, but 1 just dragged on & I didn't give a shit by the end.  But I was actually anticipating what happened next in this one.

• 1 month later...

I hate the direction they took with the show. It’s so artsy now, they care more about cool camera angles over substance. Negan wasn’t used to his potential much after the initial bashing. 

And the big twist this week sucked. I’m not mad about the character, but what a shit way for him to go...

15 hours ago, mrewest said:

100% my thoughts.  So effing stupid.

I feel like it's a chore watching this.  My heart isn't in it anymore.  The music rules though, I watch it mostly for the atmospherics with the soundtrack.  The way they use all these post-rock style bits to accent the scenes is absolutely wonderful.  I'm just so over the fight between the 2 of them.  It's tiring. 

Also, fuck that twist.  So dumb.  Lamest exit ever. 

2 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I feel like it's a chore watching this.  My heart isn't in it anymore.  The music rules though, I watch it mostly for the atmospherics with the soundtrack.  The way they use all these post-rock style bits to accent the scenes is absolutely wonderful.  I'm just so over the fight between the 2 of them.  It's tiring. 

Also, fuck that twist.  So dumb.  Lamest exit ever. 

Yes to all of that.  I had fallen 3 weeks  behind before catching up last night because I just don't care anymore.  I don't care about any of the characters anymore, even Rick.  I don't even care if I see spoilers before anything happens.  Rick & Negan can kill each other at the same & it probably wouldn't even phase me.

• 2 months later...