The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I didn't read the comics so maybe my opinion is a little soft, but I think both episodes have been pretty awesome. The second was definitely a turn from the first in a lot of ways. My only complaint is how they went from excellent character development in the first to just shoving a ton of new under developed characters into it. I'm hoping that it will slow back down a bit and get more into those people. My overall feeling though is that it's like a 6 hour zombie movie. That's hard not to love.

i'm just hoping that some of these extra characters die before they get out of the city for my memories sake, i had a hard enough time too while reading the comics remembering who was who, get rid of the extras.

i was kind of upset that the angry white racist guy didn't beat the black dude to death (accidentally or otherwise), or that everyone except for andrea, rick and glenn got eaten when the zombies finally broke through the glass doors into the store.

i hope a bunch die when they go back into the city to retrieve angry white racist guy.

I wonder if everyone who meets this guy in real life asks him if he wants a chocolate covered pretzel?

i was kind of upset that the angry white racist guy didn't beat the black dude to death (accidentally or otherwise), or that everyone except for andrea, rick and glenn got eaten when the zombies finally broke through the glass doors into the store.

i hope a bunch die when they go back into the city to retrieve angry white racist guy.

I wonder if everyone who meets this guy in real life asks him if he wants a chocolate covered pretzel?

Tremors was a sweet flick.

I didn't read the comics so maybe my opinion is a little soft, but I think both episodes have been pretty awesome. The second was definitely a turn from the first in a lot of ways. My only complaint is how they went from excellent character development in the first to just shoving a ton of new under developed characters into it. I'm hoping that it will slow back down a bit and get more into those people. My overall feeling though is that it's like a 6 hour zombie movie. That's hard not to love.

its gonna be way more than 6 hours, haha.

it already got approved for a 2nd season, and the dude is still writing comics for the story.

the introduction before the first one says he wants the story of rick to never end, because he feels like most zombie movies just end, not letting you know where the characters end up, blah blah blah.

Last night's episode was alright. The plot seems pretty thin, and so far everything has been fairly predictable, but it's rather entertaining regardless. (I haven't read the Walking Dead, so I'm speaking as someone new to it)

if they remain true to the original comic, television is about to see some mind blowing. just you wait. sometimes when i was reading the comic id get to a part and be all ...DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?!

never read the comics but i did read something about a girlfriend and a husband either ripping out teeth and or removing a jaw to prevent getting bit. i hope that shit is gruesome.

also not sure if its because i feed the girls during the show but i keep missing stuff. when they use the term geeks who are they talking about? just the walkers in the alley?

I was a bit irked as well with the additions of characters, and I feel like in 45 minutes they didn't really progress the story too much, actually this whole episode wasn't even part of the original comics so who knows when they're going to get to Woodbury or even the prison...maybe the 3rd season. Unless things pick up really quickly in the next episode, which I'm hoping it does. And i agree with above statement...I feel like a lot of people are going to be dying fairly quickly in the next few episodes if the comics have any say in this show.

if they remain true to the original comic, television is about to see some mind blowing. just you wait. sometimes when i was reading the comic id get to a part and be all ...DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?!

never read the comics but i did read something about a girlfriend and a husband either ripping out teeth and or removing a jaw to prevent getting bit. i hope that shit is gruesome.

yeah, one of the characters later on (season 78 at this rate) rips off her zombified boyfriends lower jaw and leads him around to keep the other zombies from attacking her. but that's really a minor thing. there is soooooo much more fucked up shit.

my gf met him a few years back and asked him that. said he just laughed.

I read up to the 10th issue of the comic last night.

Shit is about to get real.

Yeah, that's about how far I am as well. It's kind of cool that even though Rick hasn't been to the camp (which happens in #2, I think), they're bringing in elements from issue #4, I think, where him and Glen go back covered in zombie goo.

What about that grenade that they made a big deal about?

I initially thought the same thing—why not use the goddamned grenade when the walkers were starting to climb the ladder?—but then I thought maybe it was supposed to indicate just how close Rick came to accidentally blowing himself up when he killed the soldier in the tank, as the grenade was right behind that dude's head (which Rick blew off).

because grenades kill by shrapnel scott.... it flys in all directions... odds are it would have sent shrapnel up at him seeing the close proximity they were to the zombies... not to mention the explosion could have very well destabalized the building/ladder killing them in the process.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkkkk

Passed at buying my friend's for $100 a few years ago.

the fact that lori is now a major slut, instead of just having a regrettable 'one night stand' with shane that she's ashamed of.

thank you!

i said the exact same thing. in the book i figured she did it once out of sadness about rick or just being scared.

my only other complaint is t-dogg. i don't think they called him by anything else, and i really, really hope that guy isn't supposed to be tyreese. he looks nowhere near as bad ass as tyreese is.

the fact that lori is now a major slut, instead of just having a regrettable 'one night stand' with shane that she's ashamed of.

thank you!

i said the exact same thing. in the book i figured she did it once out of sadness about rick or just being scared.

my only other complaint is t-dogg. i don't think they called him by anything else, and i really, really hope that guy isn't supposed to be tyreese. he looks nowhere near as bad ass as tyreese is.

For all we know, that time in the forest was the first.