The album you refuse to buy

oakland

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wont ever buy New Wave? that's a shame. i feel bad for the AM! fans that refuse to listen to anything beyond Eternal Cowboy, as they're missing some of the band's most well written stuff.

i dont even really like Reinventing Axl Rose. feel free to smite your little hearts out. i think it's a warm up for better things to come. the recording is goddamn awful, the snare drum is on St Anger's level of absurdity, Tom's voice is way too overbearing, and Baby, Im an Anarchist is one of the worst songs the band has ever written.

give me Searching for a Former Clarity over that record any day of the week.

i think it's a warm up for better things to come. the recording is goddamn awful, the snare drum is on St Anger's level of absurdity, Tom's voice is way too overbearing, and Baby, Im an Anarchist is one of the worst songs the band has ever written.

i love "baby, i'm an anarchist" but i agree on the recording. it's a little bizarre how thin and silly the drums sound throughout.

and yeah, i'd probably take "clarity" over all others as well...

Guest scriptedrain
I love the Mars Volta, but I won't buy their vinyl. Too expensive, and for the nature of their music it just seems like it would be annoying to flip the record every 1 or 2 songs.

Don't listen to 7"s much?

- Jeff

I love the Mars Volta, but I won't buy their vinyl. Too expensive, and for the nature of their music it just seems like it would be annoying to flip the record every 1 or 2 songs.

Don't listen to 7"s much?

- Jeff

That's completely different -- 7-inches are singles and aren't meant to be a full representation of a conceptual piece of music. The Mars Volta write incredibly long, intricate pieces that could definitely lose some of their impact if broken up by having to constantly flip wax every 12 minutes. I own Frances The Mute on vinyl but have never listened it for pretty much that reason.

I think the songwriting on the latest Thrice record is pretty good. From that standpoint I think it's superior to a lot of their other stuff. As far as which one you like best, there's no accounting for that. It's not my favorite one either, but I didn't refuse to buy it.

yea I totally agree. but I definitely don't listen to it as much as their other stuff.