PO: Ryan Adams - Gold 2LP CLEAR vinyl repress

Ryan sure does treat his fans nice when he fucks up on something. So many free tracks he gives out and autographs and bonus stuff.

Pax-Am is really good with customer service. I think he oversold 20-30 copies of Orion and gave everyone the following:

Free copy of Orion 2nd pressing

Free Orion digital download

Free Oblivion 7 inch

Apology Letter

Autographed Orion poster

the Original Press of "Gold"...180g 2xLP or just regular weight vinyl?

Pretty sure it's regular weight. The only 180 gram pressing I know of is the Back To Black edition, which I believe is only available in Europe??? Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong...

http://www.amazon.de/Back-Black-Serie-in....2 631384&sr=8-2

also see.. http://www.shakedownrecords.com/product_info.php?cPath=225&products_id=2649

• 1 month later...
the Original Press of "Gold"...180g 2xLP or just regular weight vinyl?

I was about to ask the same thing. I ran across a copy at my favorite record store and I thought bout buying because I assumed it was OOP and kinda rare (only $20). But when I picked it up, the 2xLP felt heavier than normal so I assumed it was 180gram.

It seems like major labels put out regular or colored vinyl first then do 180gram thereafter (that's what seems to happen with Flaming Lips and Wilco). Anyway, I looked up the UPC on my phone and it came up on Amazaon as something they had in stock for less than $20. I thought the 180gram was still in print so when I saw this I was confused. But they did a anniversary edition and it's on colored vinyl so who knows.

Someone selling it on ebay says the following-

"US 21-track 2-LP set pressed on 140gram Vinyl, Adams' 2nd longplayer originally released in 2001, featuring 4 bonus recordings not included on the CD version: 'The Fools We Are As Men', 'Sweet Black Magic', 'The Bar Is A Beautiful Place' and 'Cannonball Days'"

Someone selling it on ebay says the following-

"US 21-track 2-LP set pressed on 140gram Vinyl, Adams' 2nd longplayer originally released in 2001, featuring 4 bonus recordings not included on the CD version: 'The Fools We Are As Men', 'Sweet Black Magic', 'The Bar Is A Beautiful Place' and 'Cannonball Days'"

i'd believe 140g

• 6 months later...