jhulud

How To Pack A Record

Also, you should orient the support insert so the lines are orthogonal (perpendicular) to those on the mailer. ;)

i also like to tape the edges and corners to help protect from water/snow

Uhhhh........... you can also use that Sharpie to scrawl "Fragile" and "Do Not Bend" on there too.

My 2 nickels.

Uhhh. I do that also, alot of the mail people ignore it though too. I caught my mail man recently throwing my packages up on my porch since we had tons of snow and no one had shoveled yet. He's a new guy so i had to explain to him what fragile meant. That extra mile is even sometimes too little.

As a label, you'd be suprised how many people complain about recieving a record outside of the jacket. They think it's used or something. I quit shipping outside of the jacket unless someone specifies, or if I know them.

this is almost worthy of telling every customer...

if you don't like the way i ship my records, to protect them during shipment and cause less complaints from you the customer, you don't have to order from my label.

i love when people ship them outside the jacket, way less seam splits. the printed sleeves almost always get busted up either way but it's nice if someone puts the effort into it.

but seriously. what record needs more than a bubble mailer, come on. stop wasting so much precious cardboard. ::)

i also like to tape the edges and corners to help protect from water/snow

I did for a while, until I realized that unless you're covering the entire thing in tape, it's pretty pointless. It's a cardboard mailer - water will soak right through it whether you tape the corners or not.