P.O. Now: Lydia - Illuminate (15th Anniversary)

From Danny about the gap between songs:

These are EXACTLY how they should be. I am sorry your not happy with the items but they are no sourced from a CD. when audio is put on a record each song needs to have a gate so that you can find the track and that the turntable operates as it should. If this was a CD reissue then you would be correct in saying its an issue. Also there is a gap in the CD or it would not be another track. It just is very very small from track to track. This is a vinyl record and this is exactly how it should be. It sounds flawless. I too love this album and would not create a product my company was not proud of.

WHAT. 

Is he saying that you can't have gap-less vinyl, audio wise? Clearly we understand how gaps work - and there are ways to even have visual spacers on the physical vinyl and still have audio there. 

"Exactly how it should be." According to who? "Flawless" According to who? 

Because it seems there are loads of people that disagree with him.

From Danny about the gap between songs:

These are EXACTLY how they should be. I am sorry your not happy with the items but they are no sourced from a CD. when audio is put on a record each song needs to have a gate so that you can find the track and that the turntable operates as it should. If this was a CD reissue then you would be correct in saying its an issue. Also there is a gap in the CD or it would not be another track. It just is very very small from track to track. This is a vinyl record and this is exactly how it should be. It sounds flawless. I too love this album and would not create a product my company was not proud of.

did a caveman write this?

Hi,

What was your album weight? These are all pressed at 180 gram vinyl. This is also not how much they should way. Sometimes they are 5-10 grams less. Sometimes they are 5-10 grams more. What did your's weigh?

Thanks,

Danny

That's weigh unprofessional of them... 

he certainly put on his best display of literacy in his response to me. really nothing worth ridiculing.

i mentioned the weight and gaps. he ignored the latter but addressed the former, stating they randomly weigh 5 to 10 with each shipment just to verify, and that he would talk to the plant to see if they could replicate the weight of mine.

src is a fucking joke. how anybody can support them, i just dont know. they dont even come in here anymore cause they know how big of a joke they are. 

Can we take just a moment to revel in this?

"This is also not how much they should way. [...] What did your's weigh?"

How on earth did they get a license for this? More importantly, how are they running a business?

they werent supposed to get a license. lydia licensed it to universal and SRC snaked their way into getting a license from that. Management told me SRC was NEVER supposed to get a license to print these.

they werent supposed to get a license. lydia licensed it to universal and SRC snaked their way into getting a license from that. Management told me SRC was NEVER supposed to get a license to print these.

I don't get this. The release says Universal Music Special Markets and SRCvinyl. Is that not the same license?

More from Danny boy-

No they are mastered for vinyl properly by one of the best lacquer cutters in the entire world. We do all our projects with the best. They assured me it is correct. We go over each project before the records are pressed.

Also these are 180 gram records. If you look into the process of making a record you will learn that heavy weight vinyl can fluctuate depending on the project. Here is a direct quote from the plant who manufactured these records:

"The dies used for this order were for 180g records. However record weights can fluctuate from job to job depending on how much steam that specific record needs.

In order for a record to sound better and increase the sound quality, at times more steam is applied during the pressing process (which makes the record a little lighter). This is standard procedure for the vinyl record making process. Also just how some records can weigh less, some records can also weigh a little more depending on the specific sound quality needs of a particular record."

Again I am sorry you are not happy with the product but there are not issues what so EVER with this release. It actually sounded incredible for having only 16bit audio. This is because our company knows what they are doing and use the best people to make such a great product.

"we have been assured by our esteemed record pressers that all 180 gram records normally weigh between 1 and 250 grams, so, your cited weight of 160 grams fits smack dab in the middle of our exceedingly high expectations. Please to enjoy and all keep on the lookout for our upcoming obscure 90s band repress on limited edition colorer vinyl that will be shipping in the next 1-25 weeks - exclusively at SRC!"

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.amazon.com/Illuminate-Lydia/dp/B010OFNTV2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1437582468&sr=8-2&keywords=lydia+vinyl

This listing popped up on Amazon the other day with a September 22nd release date

I thought it was weird because in the details it showed /500 on blue with SRC as the label.

Now that description is gone and it shows +180 RECORDS as the label.

band release I guess?

• tokimedo changed the title to P.O. Now: Lydia - Illuminate (15th Anniversary)