Glassjaw - Worship and Tribute on RSD

gmoney

Guest dunnnope
daniel and dunnnope, thanks for the heads up. i guess my best bet will be to call some places and see all what they are getting.

is the rsd thread my best bet for knowing what all will be dropping that day (regardless of location of course) that way i can have a "master" list and see what all i may want to track down for that weekend....

thanks again guys i appreciate the advice.

Also, don't go to Waterloo at 11 or later in the morning. The exclusive stuff will be long gone, and there are huge lines.

So I just got back from seeing Glassjaw in Dallas tonight. Over the course of the entire 90 MINUTE SET Daryl addressed the crowd only once and it was about this release haha. He introduced Convectuoso as the song that the "fucking nazis at the record label" wouldn't let them put on the record, then he said something along the lines of "and those same fucking nazis are releasing the album on vinyl soon for something called RECORD STORE DAY... yeah, you don't really have to buy that".

It was an incredible show by the way, and I got to talk to Daryl for a while afterward. He's a really nice, humble, and strange guy haha. I worry he might be on something pretty serious. :o

The record business aspect of this band's history is unfortunate. I know they don't support the vinyl pressing of EYEWTKAS and I pretty much figured they'd feel the same way about this one. It sucks to support a machine with so little regard for a band's creative/personal freedom but at the same time....I REALLY want this on vinyl.

It was an incredible show by the way, and I got to talk to Daryl for a while afterward. He's a really nice, humble, and strange guy haha. I worry he might be on something pretty serious. :o

A good friend of mine used to do their press up until a year or so ago and my gf and i ended up going for dinner with daryl and josh from HA when they were in london for a couple of months. Dude was high as fuck, i watched him eat ice cream with his head rested on it's side on the table, longest meal ever. Still, he was nice.

A good friend of mine used to do their press up until a year or so ago and my gf and i ended up going for dinner with daryl and josh from HA when they were in london for a couple of months. Dude was high as fuck, i watched him eat ice cream with his head rested on it's side on the table, longest meal ever. Still, he was nice.

dude's just making up for lost time. ;)

really excited for deftones covers record.

i hope they put jealous guy on it.

i hope it includes Sweetest Perfection, goddammit!

Over the course of the entire 90 MINUTE SET Daryl addressed the crowd only once and it was about this release haha. He introduced Convectuoso as the song that the "fucking nazis at the record label" wouldn't let them put on the record, then he said something along the lines of "and those same fucking nazis are releasing the album on vinyl soon for something called RECORD STORE DAY... yeah, you don't really have to buy that".

i knew it was a matter of time before they bitched about Warner Bros. wtf do you want from a label, Glassjaw? you would be nothing without Ross Robinson and putting out records on Roadrunner and WB. i'm surprised Warner Bros. doesn't own a portion of them still with their independent releases coming out. you'd think it'd have been more than a 1 album deal unless they got dropped.

i really wish they'd push to get Convectuoso on this album, it is an essential song to end the album. it's going to bug me to death hearing the LP and not having it on there.

^ Its already a miracle that they found it cost effective enough to press the album. I highly doubt they'd be putting any more effort into acquiring the rights to a song that is owned by another label. Let's hope they prove me wrong though.

hey, if i can spend $40 (or whatever i paid) to buy the advance cd on ebay for Convectuoso, i think they can afford to acquire the rights and pass an extra $1-2 onto the consumer to cover the cost :D

I feel ya. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it would put the cost up at least $10 to $20 more. I doubt Roadrunner would make it cheap for them, you know?

That's awesome that you have that. Think you could send me a FLAC or WAV rip of Convectuoso? I only have it in VBR from a download I got in 2004.

I feel ya. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it would put the cost up at least $10 to $20 more. I doubt Roadrunner would make it cheap for them, you know?

That's awesome that you have that. Think you could send me a FLAC or WAV rip of Convectuoso? I only have it in VBR from a download I got in 2004.

maybe they could have been like "hey, roadrunner. you know how you pissed off glassjaw by pressing eyewtkas? how about striking us a deal where we can join forces and piss them off even more?!"

and I've never heard "convectuoso"... I suppose youtube could fix that, though

the weather in Minnesota. crazy snow storm to end the warm streak.

Oh. I kind of missed that aspect of the exchange. That sucks. Things are actually warming up quite nicely here in Chicago.

Holy Fuck.

There isn't a record I want on vinyl more than this.

Not to change the subject completely but do you happen to have a picture of the Damiera M(US)IC 180 gram clear LP?