what's the most you've ever spent on a record?

Guest vinyldoa

I used to refuse to spend over ten bucks for anything. However, i been on a buying binge lately and have dropped over 60 beans on several records. Well over for one HWM test press in particular. It was a bidding war and i won.

I sold a NOFX record for > $500 once. i bought it new for 8 bucks in high school. nice.

I am a fan of more bang for buck. And also not spending more than $20 for an album

me too, that's generally my philosophy

I wish life could be like this but some records are just more expensive. Do you just deal with the fact that there are some records you'll never have very often or do just manage to get every release you want when its first released so you never have to go back and buy out of print records?

$275-ish for a black Sink Or Swim.

$200-ish for the Feminine is Beautiful EP by Manic Street Preachers.

Paid kind of stupid amounts for other things as well, but those are the two stand out items.

is that what those first presses go for!? daaaang. i should sell mine! but i wont.

Black goes for stupid cash. White with red splatter goes for significantly less ($50-ish, last I checked). Still, if you're in a pinch... (for others, to clarify. I got a copy.)

me too, that's generally my philosophy

I wish life could be like this but some records are just more expensive. Do you just deal with the fact that there are some records you'll never have very often or do just manage to get every release you want when its first released so you never have to go back and buy out of print records?

The former. If I need to own an album and see that I'll probably never own it on vinyl I'll pick up the CD. What has happened twice though is I bought the CD with that thinking and found the record for cheap (Battles "Mirrored" and The Explosion "Black Tape"). Then there's also the fact that as much as I like Isis/Brand New/Converge/etc I don't like them enough to pay market price for their albums. And not caring about variants has helped me keep costs down. I'll go with whatever's cheapest.

Even if I could afford to buy everything I want before it goes out of print, there are tons of albums I adore that are out of print long before I know them.