vc, recommend me a laptop!

Guest vinyldoa

Guest vinyldoa

so my graphics card on my motherboard went out and I'm looking for a new laptop. I have no idea what to get so give me recommendations! I'm contemplating a mac. probably either that or an hp. but I'm open to whatever. not much into gaming or anything so I don't need anything too fancy. so, what would you guy recommend? thanks :]

If you don't want anything fancy why would you contemplate spending all that money on a Mac?

ahaha, word.

i have two macs and probably wouldn't ever get a pc again, but i actually use mine for photography and design. for the average person, i wouldn't necessarily recommend spending double what you would on good pc.

If you don't want anything fancy why would you contemplate spending all that money on a Mac?

I think what he is saying is he isn't looking for a gaming device. I don't know that much, but I don't think Macs are recommended for gaming so a Mac would fit his criteria.

Go with a Macbook Pro. I bought mine around this time last year, 15" i5, and it's an amazing machine. I used to be the biggest PC nut, it was all I used for well ever. After I bought the Macbook I sold off my old PC desktop and laptop and never looked back. I don't think I could ever go back to a windows based machine again.

i've had a macbook pro for almost 4 years now, i've replaced the battery twice, gone through two chargers, and had to get my optical drive repaired (and even after that, it still doesn't like to read DVDs--it spits it out every time it can't read it), but i love it. wouldn't consider buying any other computer.

as for iphones, though...

i cant take any argument for pc seriously at this point. everything with mac is just easier to do. example: ever tried setting up a network or wifi with windows? its fucking hell. with mac however, your computer will FIND your network before it even fully starts up the first time.

and in my 3rd year of owning my macbook, ive never dealt with a virus or any operating issues whatsoever.

Guest tinfoilslip
i cant take any argument for pc seriously at this point. everything with mac is just easier to do. example: ever tried setting up a network or wifi with windows? its fucking hell. with mac however, your computer will FIND your network before it even fully starts up the first time.

and in my 3rd year of owning my macbook, ive never dealt with a virus or any operating issues whatsoever.

I've never had a problem finding a network on any PC before. All you need to know is the SSID and you can connect without having to search for it.

I like HP laptops, but they come with so much damn bloatware it's ridiculous. Pretty much any name brand computer company is good for laptops anymore, as long as you don't pick up the low end models.

so my graphics card on my motherboard went out and I'm looking for a new laptop. I have no idea what to get so give me recommendations! I'm contemplating a mac. probably either that or an hp. but I'm open to whatever. not much into gaming or anything so I don't need anything too fancy. so, what would you guy recommend? thanks :]

< Mac fag here

What do you plan to use the Laptop for? Also I believe MicroCenter had a special $200 off a brand new Macbook! I picked one up with a can of Dust Off! couple months back lol

Just you may want to get a 500gb HDD and 4gbs of RAM (about $100.)

i second slickdeals.net, found a nice dell outlet coupon and bought my gf a laptop with an i3 for christmas. she just needed something for school since hers crapped out.

good luck, i have had my sony desktop for 6 years and it is on it's last last leg. just cropping and changing levels in photoshop for my film takes forever haha.