Any comic book readers?

On Saturday, February 04, 2017 at 2:21 PM, jonrawks said:

I liked the first issue too.  I wish they would've done a double issue or shipped the second one shortly after.  Issue 1 is all spent on establishing things and doesn't really get anywhere, I need a little more to get a feel for things :)

Agreed. Definitely a tease...a cool tease.

On Saturday, February 04, 2017 at 2:21 PM, jonrawks said:

I liked the first issue too.  I wish they would've done a double issue or shipped the second one shortly after.  Issue 1 is all spent on establishing things and doesn't really get anywhere, I need a little more to get a feel for things :)

Agreed. Definitely a tease...a cool tease.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lately I've been reading Chimichanga and wow...I can't recall the name of the other one.

It's about the old woman who dies and goes into the afterlife, but it's a crazy world where good and evil are fighting.

I'll probably have the latest issue in my had this evening....little one and I gotta hit the shop tonight.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, seasalt said:

http://www.instocktrades.com/comingsoon

May releases start on page 3, but it's kind of a mess to wade through. Hope that helps!

Rad, thanks for the info!  I've only ordered from them once I think and it was all older stuff.  Their search could use some improvements too, but it's hard to complain considering their prices :) 

4 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Anyone know how instocktrades is about new releases?  Do they get them right away or does it take some time?  Something coming out at the end of the month that I'd like to tack onto an order I'm placing, but I don't see it listed on their site yet.

They don't do POs but they list all of their new weekly inventory on Tuesdays at 3pm. They typically have everything in stock a week before Amazon.

1 hour ago, Battra said:

I'm finding myself not enjoying superhero comic books as much as others, but love the movies...because the movies aren't wholly second act.

I'm with you on this. I don't even remember the last time I read a DC/Marvel superhero comic. I stick to Image, Avatar, Vertigo non-superhero comics.

I THINK it was The Nerdist podcast where they were discussing super hero books and how they always change up the worlds, reboot, etc...it was described that well, we already know the origin, and they're not going to defeat the villains...so it's always in act two.

I need a story with a beginning, a middle, and an end.

22 hours ago, seasalt said:

NCBD! What's everyone reading this week?

This week is pretty light for me. Rocky Candy Mountain #2 from Image, and Bug: The Adventures of Forager #1 and Shade the Changing Girl #8 from Young Animal. No Archie books this week. :( 

Pretty light week for me too.  A.D After Death (real excited to see how this finishes up), Black Cloud, Copperhead, The Fix, Sons of the Devil and maybe that second Lazarus source book.

18 hours ago, seasalt said:

How's Copperhead? I read the first few but missed an issue while I was on the road and never caught up.

I've liked it quite a bit so far.  They took what seemed like a fairly big break and that's seemed to kill the momentum for me a little.  I think if you liked the first two issues, you'd like where it goes.