Any comic book readers?

On 5/27/2017 at 4:07 AM, KingTacoMunster said:

Starting a new series called plastic, seems super weird, anyone checking it out?

Read a bit about it based on your mention, seems really odd and definitely interests me.  Probably grab the first trade when I can.

Had a nice little mail day.  Should keep me busy for a bit :)

Spider-Gwen / Spider-Man : Sitting in a Tree

Plutona

Runaways - Vol 1

The Unbelievable Gwenpool - Vol 1

Hillbilly

8 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Read a bit about it based on your mention, seems really odd and definitely interests me.  Probably grab the first trade when I can.

Had a nice little mail day.  Should keep me busy for a bit :)

Spider-Gwen / Spider-Man : Sitting in a Tree

Plutona

Runaways - Vol 1

The Unbelievable Gwenpool - Vol 1

Hillbilly

I love Runaways. Original run, right? And Plutona is brilliant. Check out Paper Girls, if you haven't yet. 

10 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I love Runaways. Original run, right? And Plutona is brilliant. Check out Paper Girls, if you haven't yet. 

Yeah, I read the first issue and was pretty hooked.  I love most of BKV's stuff and haven't read much he's done outside of his creator owned work.  I've been reading Paper Girls, it's quite enjoyable.

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Yeah, I read the first issue and was pretty hooked.  I love most of BKV's stuff and haven't read much he's done outside of his creator owned work.  I've been reading Paper Girls, it's quite enjoyable.

Speaking of Runaways and BKV. There's also a bit of info regarding the LONG delayed Y: The Last Man adaptation.

http://www.cbr.com/brian-k-vaughan-runaways-hulu-y-the-last-man/

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Speaking of Runaways and BKV. There's also a bit of info regarding the LONG delayed Y: The Last Man adaptation.

http://www.cbr.com/brian-k-vaughan-runaways-hulu-y-the-last-man/

Looks like he's finally changing his tune about a Saga adaptation. He was so adamant about never adapting it for so long.

I'm sure I've mentioned this here before, but do any of you read Forming?

Two volumes have been put out in physical format, but I guess technically it's a web comic. Jesse Moynihan is fucking awesome though; he wrote/storyboarded for Adventure Time for a long time and if you read his comic you'll see a lot of him showing through in the episodes he was involved with.

www.jessemoynihan.com

Books are available on amazon if you dig it.

oh man, i've fallen off the deep end since the last time i posted in here. i've been going gangbusters on buying trades - catching up on stuff i'm way behind and finding a ton of new great things along the way. Image is KILLING IT lately. I've been trying to catch up on my Mignolaverse stuff too.

just some of the things i've picked up in the last month or two:

All Star Batman & Robin

Batman Hush

BattleChasers vol 1 original printing (searched forever for this)

BPRD omnibus 3

Descender vol 3

Grizzlyshark

Harrow County vol 1

Hellboy vol 7, 8 & 9

Locke & Key vol 1

Maxx vol 2 original printing

Nailbiter vol 2

Outcast vol 1
Paper Girls 1

Rumble vol 3 (this is my favorite series in recent memory. SO GOOD.)

Southern Cross vol 1 (also excellent)

Tokyo Ghost vol 1 & 2

and a bunch more. i dont have enough time to read all the awesome stuff i got!! and there's so much stuff i want...

52 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

The second arc of Southern Cross really sold me on it.  I love the art style and I'm pretty sure that's what kept me reading initially, but the story grabbed me later on.

glad to hear. i really like the whole Event Horizon vibe of it with the awesome art style, but when the first arch ended, i was like, "where the hell do they go from here?"

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

anyone reading God Country? How did you like the finale? I thought it was pretty cool

I liked it a lot.  It was pretty touching and tugged at the 'ol heartstrings a bit more than I expected.  I'm looking forward to what that team does next.

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I haven't.   I think I'll pick it up soon!  I've liked a lot of his work, but I don't keep up with his current output much.

I think it might be my favorite Alan Moore work behind Watchmen. Its not a typically comic as there are long passages at the end of each issue. The passages are written from the protagonist's point of view and are good at explaining some things you might've missed in the issue.

Also, if you're gonna pick Providence up, then you also need to read Neonomicom first. Its technically a 4 book series with Neonomicon and the 3 Providence books.

I have always been a fan of Alan Moore but I hated Providence. 

The story was extremely slow. It seemed like 85% of every issue was just two characters having a conversation. IMO this book suffered from way too much depth.

I've also never read any Lovecraft, so I'm sure there were countless references that went right over my head.

Neonomicon was enjoyable, but Providence was definitely not for me.

God Country is on my list to check out.

just started Low. the artwork & pacing is a little hard to follow, but interesting story so far. after reading the first trade of Tokyo Ghost, i find it very similar in some ways, Remender definitely has a writing style that's up my alley. now i want to check out Seven to Eternity even more. 

53 minutes ago, jlobban said:

just started Low. the artwork & pacing is a little hard to follow, but interesting story so far. after reading the first trade of Tokyo Ghost, i find it very similar in some ways, Remender definitely has a writing style that's up my alley. now i want to check out Seven to Eternity even more. 

With the exception of Deadly Class, I have had such a hard time reading Remender's works. Seven to Eternity in particular confused the hell out of me. There was 1 issue in the first trade that I had to read a couple of times because I could not comprehend what actually happened by the end of the issue. Black Science can be hard to follow at times too, but I think it's my favorite work of his.