Any comic book readers?

i was wondering why the hell i hadn't ever even received a confirmation email from InStockTrades, it looks like my order never actually went through :( so much for the rad sale prices on the 5 books i ordered. damnit.

That is a bummer!  This was the first time I'd ordered from them and I didn't fully checkout right away either.  I'm just really bad at closing tabs, so I was able to complete it once I realized.  My order is showing up today! :)

I don't know if anyone here has read it, but one of my favorite series is called Days Missing. It follows an immortal, forced to live through the worst of our history, but he finds a way to correct the mistakes, and folds the day away, starting it over. It's really weird but really good. It's put out by Archaia. There are two volumes currently, I'm hoping they actually put out the third. Phil Hester says it's been written for about a year, but isn't sure it'll ever see the light of day.

I don't know if anyone here has read it, but one of my favorite series is called Days Missing. It follows an immortal, forced to live through the worst of our history, but he finds a way to correct the mistakes, and folds the day away, starting it over. It's really weird but really good. It's put out by Archaia. There are two volumes currently, I'm hoping they actually put out the third. Phil Hester says it's been written for about a year, but isn't sure it'll ever see the light of day.

Funny, one of my favorites is called Last Days of An Immortal -- also put out by Archaia

• 1 month later...

Haven't read any comics in years, but on a whim i picked up Cry Havoc and Old Man Logan #1 and the 1st trade of Saga.

Pretty good. I may have to keep up with them.

Since people were talking star wars, thoughts on the new comics books? worth reading?

Saga is really good. I saw people talking about it on here, picked up the first trade...then immediately bought the rest of the trades.

Saga is soooooo good.  If you like and haven't read Brian's other work, then do it!  Y The Last Man, Runaways, Ex Machina, Private Eye, Papergirls......

If you don't like Saga.....well comics probably aren't for you.

I really dug Y & Ex Machina, that why i picked up Saga. I have not read Private Eye or Papergirls, but will check them out.

Paper Girls is one of my favorite books right now.  The trade comes out in April for those of you who might be interested.

I can't start anything new right now! Gotta finish some of what I'm working through before I start

1)Hellblazer, and 2) something else you dudes recommend (maybe Paper Girls)

• 1 month later...

I'm going to post this in here as well as having an actual thread for it. I'm looking to trade records for Fight Club 2 comics. I wasn't planning on buying them, but since I have multiple copies of all his books I figured I might as well. I'd prefer to have all A covers. I'm not too worried about it tho. Any is fine. Let's work something out. If you have multiple issues that'd be cool too.

just finished the first trade of Trees, really liked it. I dont need any more books to follow per issue, but i'll definitely pick up the second trade when it comes out.

next trades i'm gonna pick up: Empty Zone, Descender 1 and 2, Rumble, and Injection. 

also just binge-read all of my original copies of the Maxx, but realized i apparently never finished the series!! i only ever had the first 30 issues, but the last 5 issues are hard to find or super expensive. so now i'm torn to wait a couple months and start picking up the Maxximized versions monthly or if i give in to impatience and buy the trade of the last issues. it got weird towards the end, but man this was hands down my favorite book as a kid and i fell in love with it all over again so i can't wait to finish the story. SO good. and weird. 

I've got a decent order I want to get from instocktrades, but I want the second volume of Descender to come out to get me to the $50 free shipping threshold!

same here! plus i'm waiting to see if i find any steals at ECCC on friday 

i finally started an online pull list from DCBS too. with my new job, getting to my local shop (who are great at running out of my titles anyway) is a colossal pain in the ass. 

same here! plus i'm waiting to see if i find any steals at ECCC on friday

i finally started an online pull list from DCBS too. with my new job, getting to my local shop (who are great at running out of my titles anyway) is a colossal pain in the ass.

I've only ever had one local shop I really loved and that was back when I lived in Rochester. Haven't found any place in Portland that really makes me want to support them :/

When I get back to ROC I usually stop in at the old joint though. Can't even remover it's name anymore.