Any comic book readers?

38 minutes ago, kurtz said:

I finally got around to reading Fight Club 2 this morning. Great covers (love David Mack), good art... story sucked. I was on board with the first couple issues, but it went downhill fast. I hated the last issue (maybe that was the point, idk).

This. I was hyped for it and they ruined it. I get that that's the idea behind it, but come on. The only saving grace are the covers. I love the water colors. Maybe I'll go for the other covers too at a later date.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
58 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Anybody read Nailbiter at all? Looks pretty interesting, wanted to get some opinions.

It took me a little while to come around to it, but I enjoy it quite a bit now.  It's finishing up in March (at issue 30), so it's not a huge time commitment and you know it's not going to go on indefinitely.

7 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Anybody read Nailbiter at all? Looks pretty interesting, wanted to get some opinions.

Great horror/comedy. Its a fun read. The artist also has some moments of incredible multi-panel designs. If you like it, check out Rumble also.

Not so much a spoiler, but I'll tag anyways:

Spoiler

During the second (?) arc they do this thing with Brian Michael Bendis. It makes no sense. Just power through it. The rest is solid even if you see the twists being set miles away.

3 minutes ago, dnl said:

Great horror/comedy. Its a fun read. The artist also has some moments of incredible multi-panel designs. If you like it, check out Rumble also.

Not so much a spoiler, but I'll tag anyways:

Reveal hidden contents

During the second (?) arc they do this thing with Brian Michael Bendis. It makes no sense. Just power through it. The rest is solid even if you see the twists being set miles away.

Also, the logo for the band Nothing shows up a few times.

Edited by THE_James_Champ

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Cool, I'll probably heck NaIlbiter out at some point. Maybe I'll wait for an omnibus or something though if it's ending soon :) 

There's a real nice looking hardback out right now, not sure how many issues it covers though.  I do agree the artwork is gorgeous too.  I was reading the newest issue last night and even after 27 issues, something still caught my eye.

38 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

There's a real nice looking hardback out right now, not sure how many issues it covers though.  I do agree the artwork is gorgeous too.  I was reading the newest issue last night and even after 27 issues, something still caught my eye.

Hardcover looks like it's the first 10 issues, so it'd be about the same as buying the first to trades instead. I usually stick with trades over hardcover if I can because they're easier to hold onto and I like to read in the bath sometimes :)

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Hardcover looks like it's the first 10 issues, so it'd be about the same as buying the first to trades instead. I usually stick with trades over hardcover if I can because they're easier to hold onto and I like to read in the bath sometimes :)

I like to grab the hardcovers because I want to make my next move as difficult as possible :) 

4 hours ago, jonnystorm777 said:

Marvel has some good series right now. Unworthy Thor is great! 

They really do.  All the Jason Aaron Thor stuff has been dynamite.  His Doctor Strange run is real good.  Hawkeye has been good since Faction's run.  Black Widow and Mockingbird are real enjoyable.  I just picked up the first trade of Lemire's Moon Knight and have been pretty impressed so far.

16 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

my favorite new series is Black Hammer. anyone starting god country?

I've enjoyed Black Hammer a lot too.  Lemire is one of my favorites.  After Death has been real good too, but he's just doing art for that.

I had them throw the first issue of God Country in my box, but I haven't gotten to picking it up yet.  Probably later tonight and reading it this weekend.