Jump to content
takingchase

Any comic book readers?

Recommended Posts

On Saturday, February 04, 2017 at 2:21 PM, jonrawks said:

I liked the first issue too.  I wish they would've done a double issue or shipped the second one shortly after.  Issue 1 is all spent on establishing things and doesn't really get anywhere, I need a little more to get a feel for things :)

Agreed. Definitely a tease...a cool tease.

On Saturday, February 04, 2017 at 2:21 PM, jonrawks said:

I liked the first issue too.  I wish they would've done a double issue or shipped the second one shortly after.  Issue 1 is all spent on establishing things and doesn't really get anywhere, I need a little more to get a feel for things :)

Agreed. Definitely a tease...a cool tease.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lately I've been reading Chimichanga and wow...I can't recall the name of the other one.

 

It's about the old woman who dies and goes into the afterlife, but it's a crazy world where good and evil are fighting.

 

I'll probably have the latest issue in my had this evening....little one and I gotta hit the shop tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Anyone know how instocktrades is about new releases?  Do they get them right away or does it take some time?  Something coming out at the end of the month that I'd like to tack onto an order I'm placing, but I don't see it listed on their site yet.

http://www.instocktrades.com/comingsoon

May releases start on page 3, but it's kind of a mess to wade through. Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, seasalt said:

http://www.instocktrades.com/comingsoon

May releases start on page 3, but it's kind of a mess to wade through. Hope that helps!

Rad, thanks for the info!  I've only ordered from them once I think and it was all older stuff.  Their search could use some improvements too, but it's hard to complain considering their prices :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Anyone know how instocktrades is about new releases?  Do they get them right away or does it take some time?  Something coming out at the end of the month that I'd like to tack onto an order I'm placing, but I don't see it listed on their site yet.

They don't do POs but they list all of their new weekly inventory on Tuesdays at 3pm. They typically have everything in stock a week before Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WAXXX said:

anyone know of any private trackers with good comic/manga selections?

Not exactly what you're looking for, but usenet is a great source.  It's where I grab stuff that I'm curious about.  Also, sent you a PM for something that might be more what you're looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Battra said:

I'm finding myself not enjoying superhero comic books as much as others, but love the movies...because the movies aren't wholly second act.

I'm with you on this. I don't even remember the last time I read a DC/Marvel superhero comic. I stick to Image, Avatar, Vertigo non-superhero comics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I THINK it was The Nerdist podcast where they were discussing super hero books and how they always change up the worlds, reboot, etc...it was described that well, we already know the origin, and they're not going to defeat the villains...so it's always in act two.

 

I need a story with a beginning, a middle, and an end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, seasalt said:

NCBD! What's everyone reading this week?

 

This week is pretty light for me. Rocky Candy Mountain #2 from Image, and Bug: The Adventures of Forager #1 and Shade the Changing Girl #8 from Young Animal. No Archie books this week. :( 

Pretty light week for me too.  A.D After Death (real excited to see how this finishes up), Black Cloud, Copperhead, The Fix, Sons of the Devil and maybe that second Lazarus source book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Pretty light week for me too.  A.D After Death (real excited to see how this finishes up), Black Cloud, Copperhead, The Fix, Sons of the Devil and maybe that second Lazarus source book.

How's Copperhead? I read the first few but missed an issue while I was on the road and never caught up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, seasalt said:

How's Copperhead? I read the first few but missed an issue while I was on the road and never caught up.

 I've liked it quite a bit so far.  They took what seemed like a fairly big break and that's seemed to kill the momentum for me a little.  I think if you liked the first two issues, you'd like where it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jonrawks said:

 I've liked it quite a bit so far.  They took what seemed like a fairly big break and that's seemed to kill the momentum for me a little.  I think if you liked the first two issues, you'd like where it goes.

I might have to track down the trade next weekend then, thanks for the rec! Any other good series flying under the radar? I'm in the market to beef up my pull list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×