takingchase

Any comic book readers?

1,114 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2017 at 4:07 AM, KingTacoMunster said:

Starting a new series called plastic, seems super weird, anyone checking it out?

Read a bit about it based on your mention, seems really odd and definitely interests me.  Probably grab the first trade when I can.

Had a nice little mail day.  Should keep me busy for a bit :)

Spider-Gwen / Spider-Man : Sitting in a Tree

Plutona

Runaways - Vol 1

The Unbelievable Gwenpool - Vol 1

Hillbilly

KingTacoMunster likes this

8 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Read a bit about it based on your mention, seems really odd and definitely interests me.  Probably grab the first trade when I can.

Had a nice little mail day.  Should keep me busy for a bit :)

Spider-Gwen / Spider-Man : Sitting in a Tree

Plutona

Runaways - Vol 1

The Unbelievable Gwenpool - Vol 1

Hillbilly

I love Runaways. Original run, right? And Plutona is brilliant. Check out Paper Girls, if you haven't yet. 

jonrawks likes this

10 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I love Runaways. Original run, right? And Plutona is brilliant. Check out Paper Girls, if you haven't yet. 

Yeah, I read the first issue and was pretty hooked.  I love most of BKV's stuff and haven't read much he's done outside of his creator owned work.  I've been reading Paper Girls, it's quite enjoyable.

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Yeah, I read the first issue and was pretty hooked.  I love most of BKV's stuff and haven't read much he's done outside of his creator owned work.  I've been reading Paper Girls, it's quite enjoyable.

Speaking of Runaways and BKV. There's also a bit of info regarding the LONG delayed Y: The Last Man adaptation.

http://www.cbr.com/brian-k-vaughan-runaways-hulu-y-the-last-man/

jonrawks and dnl like this

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Speaking of Runaways and BKV. There's also a bit of info regarding the LONG delayed Y: The Last Man adaptation.

http://www.cbr.com/brian-k-vaughan-runaways-hulu-y-the-last-man/

Looks like he's finally changing his tune about a Saga adaptation. He was so adamant about never adapting it for so long.

THE_James_Champ and jonrawks like this

I'm sure I've mentioned this here before, but do any of you read Forming?

Two volumes have been put out in physical format, but I guess technically it's a web comic. Jesse Moynihan is fucking awesome though; he wrote/storyboarded for Adventure Time for a long time and if you read his comic you'll see a lot of him showing through in the episodes he was involved with.

www.jessemoynihan.com

Books are available on amazon if you dig it.

oh man, i've fallen off the deep end since the last time i posted in here. i've been going gangbusters on buying trades - catching up on stuff i'm way behind and finding a ton of new great things along the way. Image is KILLING IT lately. I've been trying to catch up on my Mignolaverse stuff too.

just some of the things i've picked up in the last month or two:

All Star Batman & Robin

Batman Hush

BattleChasers vol 1 original printing (searched forever for this)

BPRD omnibus 3

Descender vol 3

Grizzlyshark

Harrow County vol 1

Hellboy vol 7, 8 & 9

Locke & Key vol 1

Maxx vol 2 original printing

Nailbiter vol 2

Outcast vol 1
Paper Girls 1

Rumble vol 3 (this is my favorite series in recent memory. SO GOOD.)

Southern Cross vol 1 (also excellent)

Tokyo Ghost vol 1 & 2

and a bunch more. i dont have enough time to read all the awesome stuff i got!! and there's so much stuff i want...

52 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

The second arc of Southern Cross really sold me on it.  I love the art style and I'm pretty sure that's what kept me reading initially, but the story grabbed me later on.

glad to hear. i really like the whole Event Horizon vibe of it with the awesome art style, but when the first arch ended, i was like, "where the hell do they go from here?"

7 minutes ago, jlobban said:

glad to hear. i really like the whole Event Horizon vibe of it with the awesome art style, but when the first arch ended, i was like, "where the hell do they go from here?"

I thought that was it.  I was real surprised when I saw that there was more, haha.