Any comic book readers?

not much to it yet...kind of one of those things were I am already 3 series in that I have to read vol. 4 and see how it ends.

Pretty sure Millar has planned for there to be 5 volumes.

In addition to the aforementioned, I picked up Sidekick #1 this morning when picking up my others. It sounded interesting, and I loved the alternate cover Charlie Adlard did.

CRAVE ONLINE: So how far are you along on Kick-Ass 3?

Millar: I've just finished it, actually, and it's kind of weird. It's like the last episode of M*A*S*H*. It just feels like that, because you're saying goodbye to these things that have been part of your life. I mean, Kick-Ass is based on me. It's part of my secret autobiography, because at that age, that's exactly me. I wanted to be a superhero, I had a costume, I made a plan. My friend and I were going to do it when I was 15. Our plan was to be the Batman and Robin in Scotland, where there's no crime. Imagine a shitty comic of that, you know? It was always in the back of my mind. I thought 'what if I had done it?' I realized I probably wouldn't be a very good fighter, and I'd probably get my ass kicked the first night out, and get stabbed. That's what I wrote into the first issue. He goes up and tries to start a fight and just gets stabbed, and that's what would happen. The story wrote itself from there.

CRAVE ONLINE: So how far are you along on Kick-Ass 3?

Millar: I've just finished it, actually, and it's kind of weird. It's like the last episode of M*A*S*H*. It just feels like that, because you're saying goodbye to these things that have been part of your life. I mean, Kick-Ass is based on me. It's part of my secret autobiography, because at that age, that's exactly me. I wanted to be a superhero, I had a costume, I made a plan. My friend and I were going to do it when I was 15. Our plan was to be the Batman and Robin in Scotland, where there's no crime. Imagine a shitty comic of that, you know? It was always in the back of my mind. I thought 'what if I had done it?' I realized I probably wouldn't be a very good fighter, and I'd probably get my ass kicked the first night out, and get stabbed. That's what I wrote into the first issue. He goes up and tries to start a fight and just gets stabbed, and that's what would happen. The story wrote itself from there.

I did a quick search myself, since I could've sworn I'd read about 5 volumes at some point in the past, and apparently he had originally planned for 5, but ultimately settled on 4.

"Yes, this is where the entire Kick-Ass saga wraps up," Millar told CBR, showing off the first and only art to be seen until the book is ready to roll. "'Kick-Ass 3' is the last of the books and brings the story to a close. Johnny and I had been talking about doing a Hit-Girl origin book, set back when she and Big Daddy were in their early days, but to be honest I found I could cover what I wanted to cover in flashbbacks here and just do what we did in the earlier volumes with fast-paced cuts to their training and so on. So the five volumes in total we'd been considering is now definitely four and I'm on issue five already..."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43638

And as I just finished reading issue #2, I've gotta say: holy shit does Marvel print on some thin paper. By far the flimsiest comic book I read.

God, I keep trying to get into comics but the universe seems so daunting. 

Im obsessed with Scott Pilgrim and anything Daniel Clowes but when it comes to superheros my mind falls apart about where to start. 

I have started and love fables.

Every time I try to be like 'oh ill get into x-men or iron man' im just overwhelmed. 

Im obsessed with Scott Pilgrim and anything Daniel Clowes but when it comes to superheros my mind falls apart about where to start. 

Every time I try to be like 'oh ill get into x-men or iron man' im just overwhelmed. 

Just jump in. You can always catch up with trade paperbacks. It's a really fun hobby and it's always something to look forward to every week.

cool to see some fellow comic dweebs around here, especially ones with good taste

my addiction lay dormant for many moons but i got sucked back in last year after picking up Saga.

currently reading:

- East of West

- The Wake

- Legend of Luther Strode

- anything by Matt Fraction (Hawkeye, Satellite Sam)

- goofy Marvel titles (Deadpool, Superior Foes of Spider-Man)

also Negative Dad (Wavves' comic) which is predictably weird

but really none of this matters because SANDMAN IS COMING BACK IN OCTOBER

no joke i saw the one panel they released at Comic Con and it almost made me cry 

I guess I'll list what I've been reading:

Superior Spider-Man

Superior Foes

Superior Team up

Superior Carnage 

(As you can tell, I dig the ol' Doc as Spider-man)

Indestructible Hulk

Batman

Superman Unchained

Saga

The Wake

Trillium

Superman/Batman

(I feel like I'm missing some)

I'll throw my currents list in too:

Batman

Batman and Robin (or whoever it's going to end up being)

Batman '66

The Wake

Haunted Horror

Saga

Sheltered

The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

Star Wars

Kick Ass 3

A bit bummed Batman Inc. ended :/ I might have to jump into another Bat-book to fill its void.

Any recommendations?

how good is The Wake?? picked it up on a whim just because i liked the artwork and i've been happily surprised so far

when i saw the double-sided covers on Trillium yesterday, all i could think was some fool somewhere is gonna buy two copies thinking one is a variant

The Wake is easily my favorite new book, six issues is too short of a run if you ask me!

I was that way for awhile too, but I have a rad comic app on my ipad and there's a beacon of great torrents out there to choose from (I still purchase the books I enjoyed). Over this past week I've read:

- Locke & Key- all the up to the Omega series

- Harbor Moon- not a terribly original werewolf tale, but the artwork is just amazing

- Joker- based on Heath Ledger's take on the Joker, if you dug that then definitely check this out

Just got a bunch of classic the Twisted Tales series, pretty stoked to rip into those soon

I was that way for awhile too, but I have a rad comic app on my ipad and there's a beacon of great torrents out there to choose from (I still purchase the books I enjoyed). Over this past week I've read:

- Locke & Key- all the up to the Omega series

- Harbor Moon- not a terribly original werewolf tale, but the artwork is just amazing

- Joker- based on Heath Ledger's take on the Joker, if you dug that then definitely check this out

Just got a bunch of classic the Twisted Tales series, pretty stoked to rip into those soon

Do tell me more about this app