Rosetta- Galilean satellites

23 hours ago, daegor said:

I'm unsure of the reason for your quote?

6 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

The alternating speeds on this is a fucking nightmare.

Ha... this doesn't bother me at all.  My turntable just as a button, it's pretty simple for me. 

11 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I spun mine today and other than being on the more quiet side, its flawless. I didn't hear any indication of it being two colors or discrepancy from one to the other half/half. Was a great experience and one of the first times i have ever listened straight thru. 

For real?  I'm super curious now.  I didn't think mine was quiet; I wonder if it's a difference in our preamps or something.  In fact, I thought the music itself sounded fucking fantastic.  It's just that whenever my needle passes over the gray part, you hear "scccrrshhhhhh" until it goes back to the gold, where it is silent.  I'll get a video so you can see.  My LP5 is rather noisy on both sides though. 

I still don't understand what makes records have high background noise, and others are silent.  All of the Earache represses of the Cult of Luna albums came dead silent, as well as my lathe copy of The Sun Burns Bright LP.  Very strange to me!

1 minute ago, MayCauseDeath said:

mine is belted also so its a pain in the ass, but at the end of the day I am just being a bitch 

I dunno.  I just feel like all these little things pile up and as of right now, I'm not very happy with the set.  Between the way the discs are split to the different speeds to the noise I'm hearing between colors on some of the discs, it all just adds up to a poorly done product in my eyes.  Doesn't help that one of my discs is noticeably warped either.

10 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I dunno.  I just feel like all these little things pile up and as of right now, I'm not very happy with the set.  Between the way the discs are split to the different speeds to the noise I'm hearing between colors on some of the discs, it all just adds up to a poorly done product in my eyes.  Doesn't help that one of my discs is noticeably warped either.

I agree its definitely a nuisance, the same with we lost the sea the quietest place on earth, I hate that its split between speeds and i love that record. However, I must say the actual box for this thing is fantastic. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

6 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I agree its definitely a nuisance, the same with we lost the sea the quietest place on earth, I hate that its split between speeds and i love that record. However, I must say the actual box for this thing is fantastic. 

I agree completely.  The packaging seems nice all around.

22 hours ago, daegor said:

When you bought it you pointed out the lack of splatter in the box set, and that you intended on buying the splatter to replace the half and half later.   It was always half and half, no splatter in the box.

That is partially incorrect.  The original release was supposed to have the bonus LP5 as "Highlighter yellow with HEAVY silver splatter".  Translation Loss changed their website after I messaged them about it ;) 

23 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I have to lift my platter and move my belt.

Oo I can see that being annoying, certainly.  To address your other points:  Yeah, the splitting up of the record was 100% done to increase sales, because the majority of the people would only buy the music portion, not the ambient portion.  Also, you see what I am talking about with the colors of the half/half being different, in terms of background noise?  But I agree with you, I have some buyers remorse on this.  The music itself is awesome, and I'm glad to finally have it, but the noise between discs is a huge bummer for me, and I was really looking forward to that splatter on LP5.  Incorrect advertising, noisy records...  blah. 

This is why they are my least favorite record label.  I just can't trust their quality, as opposed to say... A Thousand Arms or Earache where the records they put out are fucking perfect, and I never have any issues. 

• 1 month later...