Rosetta- Galilean satellites

1 hour ago, daegor said:

Am I missing something?  It seems really stupid to split up Set 1 and Set 2 like that.  If you buy just one set you only get half the album?

Laid it out from my understanding of the descriptions, bold is music with vocals italics is instrumental ambient pieces.

Set 1

A1 Départe

A2 Europa

B1 Absent

C1 Deneb

C2 Capella

D1 Beta Aquilae

Set 2

A1 Itinérant

B1 Au Pays Natal

C1 Ross 128

D1 Sol

So hopefully one doesn't sell out before the other, and hopefully no one who has one of the previous pressings but not both thinks they can just buy one of the two sets to complete their collection.  Especially since the covers ARE the same as the previous pressing that were divided differently.  I know a lot of people got just the songs and were looking for the ambient set.

Such a bizarre way to release them.  I mean, it doesn't matter if you have the full set, but still.

Yeah, these release plans don't make the most sense. Was definitely hoping there was going to be a mixed release. Shipping for the two separate sets is more than it is for the box, so it ends up being roughly $14 more the box. Seems worth it, even if I do prefer some of the standalone colors.

28 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Just so you guys are aware, I bought the box set but if any of you guys get the splatter sets and want to trade in the future, I will do that.  I just want to hear LP5 once or twice.  I hate half/half records because they always have a high noise floor on one side. 

Messaged you.

lolwut:

What was the reasoning for splitting the album up between two separate sets?

Translation Loss Records
 because somebody would have complained if we didn't.. trying to please everyone. Somebody will complain about something always.. we tried to make this as nice as possible because we know folks have wanted it for a long time.

13 minutes ago, daegor said:

lolwut:

uhhh no lol.  Truthfully I wanted either just the music, or the music combined with the ambient.  What the fuck is the point of having a complementary release that requires 2 turntables?  Maybe 11 people have that kind of set up who listen to this stuff lol. 

Still stoked about it. 

17 minutes ago, daegor said:

lolwut:

No one would have complained if they just did a repress of the album without any of this nonsense of splitting it like they've done. Like, literally no one would complain if they did a 2xLP repress and an additional 2xLP ambient/instrumentals as apart of a box set. 

But is this a fresh master? I wonder if Europa is still split between sides.

Still want this, so will keep an eye out for an EU distro.

Edited by whoa

Translation Loss' explanation as to why is rather stupid. Should have kept the release the same and just made a set that has both combined. Seems rather obvious but whatever. I guess here I am complaining. :lol:

I went with the box set. Price difference for the box set vs. the 2 individual sets was only about $14 after shipping so I figure the 5th LP and box set is worth the difference. Still a weird way to re-release this. Whatever. Still happy to finally get this without spending absurd amounts of money.

Edited by raeinn