Third Eye Blind - S/T

3eb has at least 7 or 8 songs that i really like but even going back to '96 they were always crying and whining about something. Even back then they were a 'guilty pleasure' (i could never admit that i liked their tunes) just because of how girly Jenkins acted and complained. I'm not surprised about this latest mess.

at first i was kinda bummed that ETR would hold out on them, but after reading through all the comments, good for you guys for sticking to your guns. too bad you cant really show them your other releases so they know that it's gonna be a quality product.

all about the $$$ for these guys, unfortunately.

at first i was kinda bummed that ETR would hold out on them, but after reading through all the comments, good for you guys for sticking to your guns. too bad you cant really show them your other releases so they know that it's gonna be a quality product.

all about the $$$ for these guys, unfortunately.

I don't think they care about the quality of ETR's releases. Jenkins has Mega Collider Records, so he wants to do it himself.

through the proper channels.

we try to do our best to get in touch with the artists and have their blessing for our releases

When are you going to learn that if you can't get in touch with the band, or the band doesn't respond, to NOT RELEASE THEIR ALBUMS. I get that you're a 'fan', but that doesn't entitle you to releasing someone's music without their permission, even though 'you went through the proper channels." No, you didn't.

When are you going to learn that if you can't get in touch with the band, or the band doesn't respond, to NOT RELEASE THEIR ALBUMS. I get that you're a 'fan', but that doesn't entitle you to releasing someone's music without their permission, even though 'you went through the proper channels." No, you didn't.

The answer to that is obviously "never."

The answer to that is obviously "never."

Warner Bros ensured us that they go band/management approval before they grant approval for anything although in this instance that ended up not being true. As stated above, there is no contact info listed on any of the bands websites or social media so that was the only thing I had to go on until they contacted me. As you might imagine, it is not easy to track down personal contact info of most bands members especially major label artists

This has been brought up with every release.

There is a difference between legal and moral.

Get the band's permission or don't put out the record.

Yea..."Every Release". Quite the exaggeration when we are on Release #24 as of now and have had two problems(one of which the band gave me their blessing in person and wanted a variant until their management got involved and wanted to avoid dtr drama)

Warner Bros ensured us that they go band/management approval before they grant approval for anything although in this instance that ended up not being true. As stated above, there is no contact info listed on any of the bands websites or social media so that was the only thing I had to go on until they contacted me. As you might imagine, it is not easy to track down personal contact info of most bands members especially major label artists

I don't know why people are giving you such a hard time. It's not like Warner Bros was going to give you Stephan Jenkins cell number.

I don't know why people are giving you such a hard time. It's not like Warner Bros was going to give you Stephan Jenkins cell number.

THEN DON'T PUT OUT THE RECORD.

There is a difference between the music as an object and the band as people who create the music, and somewhere along the way, ETR really manages to ignore the latter.

If you can't contact the band, don't try to release the record. It's really that simple.

I don't care how hard it is to contact the band. See above.

THEN DON'T PUT OUT THE RECORD.

There is a difference between the music as an object and the band as people who create the music, and somewhere along the way, ETR really manages to ignore the latter.

If you can't contact the band, don't try to release the record. It's really that simple.

I don't care how hard it is to contact the band. See above.

I could not disagree more. There are so many major label AND non-major label albums that haven't even been pressed (that will never get pressed) to vinyl that I'd love to see pressed. If someone can get in touch with the "owners" of the album (the label), and procure a contract, I say go for it. We as music/vinyl collectors benefit from this. In the case that the band gets in contact with you after you begin the process, and they do not desire you to press it, I say respect their wishes, despite the contract. it sucks, but you have to deal with it.

I really think the whole idea of "don't press it unless you get in touch with the band" is kind of not a solution that can be applied to all situations. Sometimes you need to go down other paths to get the ball rolling, as band members aren't the easiest people to get in touch with.

Third Eye Blind, Rx Bandits, New Found Glory, Midtown

We backed out of midtown, new found glory and third eye blind because the band's requested it. Rx bandits, ive explained 20+ times, go to that thread and read the whole situation for those who care.

Also- for what its worth, hot topic licensed midtown from universal without the bands knowledge or consent yet no one really had a problem with that.