Third Eye Blind - S/T

I have no idea what they are waiting for especially when they made such a big ordeal about stopping our re-issues....I encourage people to tweet @3eb and ask them what the deal is and suggest for @EnjoytherideRES to get back involved and get the re-issue back on track. Last I spoke to their management which was almost a year ago, they asked me a copy of our finished artwork layout to "compare" with theirs so I am guessing they are having issues but who knows.

Fuck that they're too stupid to get hi res artwork to print right so you Hang into that artwork hahah

i assume this is why they don't care about the reissue right now.  

On December 17, 2012, Stephan Jenkins announced via his Twitter page that the fifth studio album would be the band's final record.[29]On April 25, 2013, Jenkins announced via his Twitter page that recording on the fifth album would begin in June.

From my perspective, they're a super irrelevant band and have been since the 90's. They need a reissue of Blue and s/t to come from obscurity.

They may be irrelevant in the current pop music scene, but it seems to me (at least from seeing crowd pictures they post on Instagram) that the band still had a pretty huge cult following that would definitely shell out the $$ for any vinyl reissues.

From my perspective, they're a super irrelevant band and have been since the 90's. They need a reissue of Blue and s/t to come from obscurity.

Why would a short run vinyl reissue of a record (or records) from fifteen to twenty years ago help them come back from obscurity? 

It makes no sense to me -- they're sitting on a pile of cash and they don't seem to care. Every time a 3EB record goes for 100+ on ebay, they're losing out. They've said they plan to re-issue ST and Blue, and press OOTV for the first time, but don't seem to be willing to pay for any assistance with the process. Sometimes you need to spend money to make it, but they just don't seem to get that.

it would cause some buzz. I'm not saying they'll be as big as they were in the 90s though

Respectfully, you're overestimating the amount of buzz a vinyl reissue creates. This is the vinyl equivalent of James Van Der Beek reissuing Dawson's Creek Season 1 - but ONLY to 2000 people at the most. To DVD collectors and Dawson's Creeks fans it's cool... but to everyone else... it doesn't really make a blip on the radar.

I think what's kind of funny about this whole thing is that people are forgetting that pressing a vinyl record is expensive and that most times people don't make that much or any money from pressing a record... to say there sitting on a pile of cash is laughable... lets not forget that most people don't buy vinyl this is a nitch thing..just because we all love it doesn't mean 10s of 1,000s of people would shell out money for this record.

I think what's kind of funny about this whole thing is that people are forgetting that pressing a vinyl record is expensive and that most times people don't make that much or any money from pressing a record... to say there sitting on a pile of cash is laughable... lets not forget that most people don't buy vinyl this is a nitch thing..just because we all love it doesn't mean 10s of 1,000s of people would shell out money for this record.

in this instance....you are so very wrong. 

in this instance....you are so very wrong. 

I mean I could be, but I doubt it... we're not talking about the Beatles or Led Zep.  We're talking about a record that would sell what maybe 3 to 4,000 copies? Unless they reissue a "180 gram deluxe special addition for $50 bucks" how much money could we really be talking about?