else

document.write('+':jbbfzhxy]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

i would give one of my nuts to own this on vinyl. definitely one of my top 10 ever. but OP is a dumbfuck for saying they turned into shit after this. all of their albums are fantastic. ursa major might be the worst, but it's still a solid album. i saw them for the second time last week, and they put on a really quality show. i've never been made fun of for liking them, though... on the contrary, 3eb seems to be one of the most universally loved bands i can think of. girls, frat bros, scene kids, hipsters, etc. all seem to have respect for their music. the st. louis music scene must be a crusty white terd.

In my opinion, what happened was shortly after this LP hit its zenith, a rumor started circulating that the band didn't write one song on the entire album - not even a lick. Instead, each song was crafted by someone else (can't recall the guy's name right now) and then TEB's lack luster follow-up pretty much proved the rumor to be true (or, at least, in most minds). Since then they've had no credibiltiy and the self-titled debut was considered a scam.

Anyway, that's how I saw it. But, yes, this LP is killer all the way through and still a pop masterpiece no matter how it went down.

In my opinion, what happened was shortly after this LP hit its zenith, a rumor started circulating that the band didn't write one song on the entire album - not even a lick. Instead, each song was crafted by someone else (can't recall the guy's name right now) and then TEB's lack luster follow-up pretty much proved the rumor to be true (or, at least, in most minds). Since then they've had no credibiltiy and the self-titled debut was considered a scam.

Anyway, that's how I saw it. But, yes, this LP is killer all the way through and still a pop masterpiece no matter how it went down.

i do not respect your opinion about blue.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':y9vb3jqm]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':y9vb3jqm]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Never been made fun of for loving this album either. There are so many killer albums from this same time period in the 90's that are in need of represses. Some that come to mind are......Candlebox-S/T, The Counting Crows-AAEA, The Cranberries-EEIDSWCW, Live-Throwing Copper, and Bush-Razorblade Suitcase. I'd like to see all of these repressed.

damn really? I've never heard that. Yeah everything after this album just did not do it for me.

damn really? I've never heard that. Yeah everything after this album just did not do it for me.

None of that was ever proven and it's most likely all false but that's what happend about a year after the LP came out. I know the original guitarist left the band at some point and he was credited as co-writer on the entire album so, maybe that's what started the rumor. But I think he left somewhere after the second or third album. Not sure.

Im actually listening to out of the vein at work right now...whoaz! but the first two albums are suppeeerb in all aspects. they lost their guitarist/co-writer of most everything about 3 months after Blue dropped..since then its basically been Stephen Jenkins trying so freaking hard to keep everything going. but I must say that I respect the hell out of the guy for getting everything done for the band that he has. That being said...Motorcycle Drive-By and Slow Motion are still two of the greatest songs EVAR

i dont know about this. i have several pre-major label demos that include many of the songs on this album.

i also love this band, and i have zero shame for that. I actually have 'Ursa Major' on sweet colored vinyl. looking forward to 'Ursa Minor' and finally hearing a full version of 'Carnival Barker'

ahhh, id so love to own this album on vinyl! im checking ebay every now and then for it but i just cant justify paying 100+ for one record

i've done it a few times before (mellon collie, frances the mute 3xglow in the dark sexyness).

i probably wouldn't do it with this one, tho.

also...

'Carnival Barker'

[image]