Third Eye Blind - S/T

Re: Ursa Minor...Ursa Major is a good album. The first half is actually pretty awesome but it drags by the end. Are you really excited about an album's worth of songs that the band probably thought were worse than the worst songs from Major? maybe they aren't that bad and the band thought the other songs didn't flow with the feel of the album but still...nothing wrong with leaving songs in the trash or just to release them for free online if they aren't good enough to commit to an actual record.

• 1 year later...

the cd i had they kept the vocals in the chorus, and i thought it made for a great song.

i'm going to have to go and listen to blue again today, i think i may enjoy it more now. it felt like such a disappointment when it was new. i haven't listened to it in years.

Blue is nearly as great as S/T. Very underrated. Initial U.S. CD copies included the Slow Motion chorus if I remember right. Later copies were purely instrumental. Japanese/Australian versions were full song. Vinyl version contains only the chorus.

it's not really a secret, considering they released pictures of the sleeve templates.

Good. They need to hurry up. I remember not being able to believe how good almost all of the non-single tracks were when I finally borrowed this from the dude next to me in the dorms. I let him hold my recently bought Static Prevails. '97 was a year of all kinds of discovery.

Did they have any good songs other than Semi-Charmed life? Never listened to the full length lol

The whole damn record is great. "Losing A Whole Year" into "Narcolepsy" is one of my favorite album opening duos. "I Want You" is super catchy pop. And this record can't be mentioned without mentioning "Motorcycle Drive By"