Records You Are Lucky To Own

I snagged a lathe cut of Caddywhompus - The Weight EP, hand numbered out of 35. You had to order 2 months ahead, that's when they cut off the ordering time, if you learned about it 1 month ahead, too bad. I guess that's the 'rarest' thing I own, but I still feel very lucky that I was there at the right time to grab one. Definitely one of my top EP;s.

So this is basically a not-so-#humblebrag thread?

I guess taking the title literally it would be:

- Electro-Shock Blues by eels and New Adventures in Hi-Fi by R.E.M., both bought from the same vendor at a record show for $40 total ($15 & $25) and I didn't even get there early.  I keep looking for that guy to come back and haven't seen him.

- The MO/Thrice split.  I was in a deposition that day just hoping it would get done in time for me to jump on the computer and order.  It ended with ten minutes to spare, I stayed in the hotel conference room, and snagged a copy.

Explosions in the Sky - All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone (Cream/Green). I remember missing out on the colored preorder and being bummed about it. Drove down to Brooklyn for one of their album release shows. Picked up the LP for $10 assuming it was black. Getting home and opening it up to see it was the colored version was an awesome feeling.

Explosion in the Sky - How Strange, Innocence. A friend hit me up on twitter to confirm my mailing address and told me to make sure I was home the next day around noon. Door rang, I signed for a package, and was just really confused. Opened it up and almost passed out.

David Lynch - Eraserhead Soundtrack Deluxe Edition. No real luck involved in this one, I just feel lucky to have it because it's such an insane package. Screenprinted/numbered outer sleeve, a handful of beautiful prints of stills from the film, giant foldout poster, and a 7" with "In Heaven Everything is Fine"

Every Time I Die - Hot Damn! Got this back when Suburban Home pressed it. It's one of my favorites so I'm really glad I did considering it never got another pressing. There are a lot of records I want to smack myself for not buying when I had the chance, luckily this isn't one of them.

Islands - Return to the Sea. Walked into a local shop and saw this sitting in the "Recently In" used section. Bought it on a whim, I liked the album a lot but hadn't listened to it in a couple years, and didn't really have much int he way of record buying money. Found out later it's a little bit hard to come by.

Converge - No Heroes (Gold) Back in the didn't get to pick your variant on Deathwish (actually, I think this only changed recently). So when I preordered No Hereos I just had to hope I was in the first 500. Seeing the spray painted mailer show up on my doorstep was fucking awesome. I actually held onto that mailer forever but I think it got lost in my last move.

Touche Amore - Touche Amore (First press White). Back before To the Beat...came out I had only heard OF this band when I saw this in a clearance bin for like $2. Glad I picked it up because this is another one that, while not impossible to find, it's a bit more expensive than $2 to acquire.

Trophy Scars - Goodnight Alchemy. This one sold out pretty fucking fast so I'm lucky I have a girlfriend who was willing to stalk and refresh their merch page relentlessly to pick this up for me.

The Appleseed Cast - End of the Ring Wars

The Appleseed Cast - Mare Vitalis

The Appleseed Cast - Peregrine

These TAC records don't go cheap and they are yet again purchases I made on a whim. I wasn't in love with the band when I bought these, but now that I am I'm super l don't have to pay a premium for these.

Explosion in the Sky - How Strange, Innocence. A friend hit me up on twitter to confirm my mailing address and told me to make sure I was home the next day around noon. Door rang, I signed for a package, and was just really confused. Opened it up and almost passed out.

Wow, awesome friend.

Islands - Return to the Sea. Walked into a local shop and saw this sitting in the "Recently In" used section. Bought it on a whim, I liked the album a lot but hadn't listened to it in a couple years, and didn't really have much int he way of record buying money. Found out later it's a little bit hard to come by.

I got mine pretty much the exact same way.  Wasn't actively looking for it, but didn't hesitate grabbing it when I saw it in front of me.  I think I paid maybe $25 for it.

According to Discogs, here are a few records that I'm lucky to own:

Nirvana - Bleach (first press/white vinyl)

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico (first press/sticker across torso)

The White Stripes - Lafayette Blues (first press/white vinyl)

The White Stripes - Let's Shake Hands (first press/red vinyl)

Queens of the Stone Age - S/T (Man's Ruin)

S.O.A. - No Policy E.P. (2nd press)

P.I.L. - Metal Box

Guided by Voices - An Earful O'Wax

Weirdos - We Got The Neutron Bomb 

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - A Reverse Willie Horton

Mudhoney - Touch Me I'm Sick (first press/brown vinyl)

The Replacements - Let it Be

Being in Australia I think I am pretty lucky to have most of my collection...

Thursday - Doves 10"

Thursday - Signals over the air 7"

Fall Out Boy - From under the cork tree (Original Pressing)

Metallica - Master Of Puppets (Original Pressing on Red)

Alexisonfire - Crisis Picture Disc, $52 posted for 2

Anberlin - New Surrender

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression that I get 7" Green

Rufio - Perhaps I suppose - The Lost boys package

Further Seems Forever - The Moon is Down - I was able to pull the trigger at a pretty reasonable price on a record I thought I was going to have to shell out the big bucks for.  Lucky find, hooked up by an angel of a collector.

One:21 - Self Titled - Something I thought I would never find unless I came across it in some long forgotten 7" dollar bin at a record store somewhere across America, someone in a facebook merch group said he had this and would sell it to be for $4.  It's nothing that's valuable, but something that truly means a lot to me, and still haven't ever seen in person besides the copy that I now own.

Officer Negative - Self Titled - This was a 7" I had heard rumors existed, but still couldn't get anyone to actually confirm with me if it was real.  Finally a friend of mine that collects these records from a small bygone era confirmed that he had one, but had never seen any of the other 500 copies.  He then alerted me a few months later one went up on ebay, and I actually won it.  Still haven't seen anymore to this day.

The Remnants - Nobody Home - This was one I remember vividly passing up on when I was a younger kid, and even regretting it then.  Tracked it down on ebay after searching every single day for months, and haven't seen another come up since then.

Copeland - Beneath Medicine Tree - I never thought I'd get this one, due to the outrageous price tag it goes for, but I was able to do some fun trades and deals to make it happen to a seller eager to help me put it in my collection.

Relient K - Mmhmm - This happened due to the amazing-ness of a fellow VC board member, where we did some solid trading to get it in my hands.  Still can't believe this is in my collection.

Being in Australia I think I am pretty lucky to have most of my collection...

Thursday - Doves 10"

Thursday - Signals over the air 7"

Fall Out Boy - From under the cork tree (Original Pressing)

Metallica - Master Of Puppets (Original Pressing on Red)

Alexisonfire - Crisis Picture Disc, $52 posted for 2

Anberlin - New Surrender

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression that I get 7" Green

Rufio - Perhaps I suppose - The Lost boys package

Man I wouldn't mind finding a copy of that Bosstones album myself.

I have the 12" Music For Nations version from 1986. Are all of the Red versions bootlegs? 

yeh, no original MFN were pressed on colour with MOP, its a relatively newer boot i think, lots of KEAs on Orange as well  

here's an awesome reference

http://web.archive.org/web/20071021004931/http://metallipromo.com/metallica.masterlp.html

Man I wouldn't mind finding a copy of that Bosstones album myself.

Its just the single, im looking for Rascal King 7" to go with it. 

yeh, no original MFN were pressed on colour with MOP, its a relatively newer boot i think, lots of KEAs on Orange as well  

here's an awesome reference

http://web.archive.org/web/20071021004931/http://metallipromo.com/metallica.masterlp.html

Oh damn.. Im glad I didnt pay a large amount for it them, it sounds pretty good still. It looked quite legit too.