Records You Are Lucky To Own

I've only been collecting for about 3 years now but I was lucky enough to stumble on to a If These Tress Could Talk - Above The Earth, Below the Sky test press. Number 5/5. I know if ever see a rough patch in my life that see's me dumping it for cash i'll probably never see it again and that's why I feel lucky to own it. Bottom line: it's the most precious piece in my collection.

I'm not sure how many on this board will even know this stuff but I know a few of you will. I used to trade records with Pushead a long time ago and he was extremely generous in our various trades. He also was quick to part with certain rarities to me because he knew I was going to keep them and not just throw them up on eBay. Here's a couple gems:

16802500288_e07aa292d4_b.jpg

16802500318_2cf319012e_b.jpg

Septic Death - Nightmare Takes a Nap box set of test pressings. This alone is super rare as only 30 were made but this one isn't like the others, note the number - number 00/30MV. This set was custom made for me and even has my initials as part of the number. It also has extras that the other versions don't have. It is a true one of a kind. I damn near shit myself when he sent me this in the mail as I had no idea it was coming.

And related to the above is this pair:

16802770140_68efd68b53_b.jpg

16802770130_26a9521d41_b.jpg

These are called Butcher Boxes. There was 5 made of each box. One contains various test pressings for Bacteria Sour singles (I forget which ones off the top of my head) and the other one has test pressings for all the Bacteria Sour compilations (including a rejected version of #3). I have matching boxes, both #3/5. He intentionally sent me matching ones. 

These are some of my most prized items in my collection. 

My clear NOFX HOFX. Owner of I believe Hits and Misses record store, the one no longer there, put it on eBay still sealed. Not sure if it was Canadian shipping costs or what but I won it for less than common colors were going for at the time, about $60. Knowing I'd be in Toronto for NXNE in a couple months, I axed him to hold it for me so I could save the shipping. Had an awesome time at the festival, and when I got home I opened all the records I'd bought at the shows plus this. Saved the HOFX for last, and low and behold.

L1010234.jpg

L1010237.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My clear NOFX HOFX. Owner of I believe Hits and Misses record store, the one no longer there, put it on eBay still sealed. Not sure if it was Canadian shipping costs or what but I won it for less than common colors were going for at the time, about $60. Knowing I'd be in Toronto for NXNE in a couple months, I axed him to hold it for me so I could save the shipping. Had an awesome time at the festival, and when I got home I opened all the records I'd bought at the shows plus this. Saved the HOFX for last, and low and behold.

Fuck. Hits and Misses was a wicked record store, despite the owner's jaded past, he was a cool dude with a great selection. Sucks he got dicked around so hard by his landlord.

This is the only thing of value posted in here.

I'm not sure how many on this board will even know this stuff but I know a few of you will. I used to trade records with Pushead a long time ago and he was extremely generous in our various trades. He also was quick to part with certain rarities to me because he knew I was going to keep them and not just throw them up on eBay. Here's a couple gems:

Septic Death - Nightmare Takes a Nap box set of test pressings. This alone is super rare as only 30 were made but this one isn't like the others, note the number - number 00/30MV. This set was custom made for me and even has my initials as part of the number. It also has extras that the other versions don't have. It is a true one of a kind. I damn near shit myself when he sent me this in the mail as I had no idea it was coming.

These are called Butcher Boxes. There was 5 made of each box. One contains various test pressings for Bacteria Sour singles (I forget which ones off the top of my head) and the other one has test pressings for all the Bacteria Sour compilations (including a rejected version of #3). I have matching boxes, both #3/5. He intentionally sent me matching ones. 

No clue who that band is, but I'm a skateboarder so I'm very familiar with Pushead. His Zorlac art was fucking awesome. My tattooist and I have discussed doing some of his stuff. Anywho, that's rad as hell.

I'm lucky to own test presses of Silverstein's first 4 albums on Victory. One of my favourite bands, and yes, happy to variant collect their stuff. Great dudes, great music. Still looking for the other test presses though.

Other gems I'm lucky to own include:

The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation (Pop Up Shop Exclusive /50)

Alexisonfire - 1st Edition Boxset.

The Good Boys - Teen Rock Vol. 2 (Single Malt Shop/Not What You Think) Test Press

Thrice - The Alchemy Index: Volumes I-IV

• 2 years later...