Albums That Should Be Pressed on Vinyl

On 6/5/2014 at 0:53 AM, shadowkid33 said:

51PNeV3TM3L.jpg

artworks-000031621240-apdw0r-original.jp

Someone said it months ago, but it's worth saying again - 36 Crazyfists's stuff that hasn't been pressed yet; mostly Bitterness the Star and A Snow Capped Romance though. Been listening to Bitterness the Star a lot lately, fantastic album.

Posting to say that sometimes old dreams do come true.

Edited by shadowkid33

On 20.2.2016 at 0:07 AM, Tom Servo said:

Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days/Wither Blister Burn and Peel (Man, I wish they'd regroup; The Dreaming is just so mediocre and derivative)

OSI - OSI, Free, Blood 

Boris - Heavy Rocks orange cover/2002

I can't believe none of these have been pressed, especially the OSI and Boris. C'mon, all I want to do is give you people my money!

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't able to scroll through all 98 of the other pages, so apologies if there's repeats. These are just a few that come to mind:

Norma Jean - Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child

Blindside - A Thought Crushed My Mind/Silence

P.O.D. - Snuff the Punk/Brown/The Fundamental Elements of Southtown

Embodyment - The Narrow Scope of Things

Marcy Playground - Marcy Playground

Matchbox Twenty - More Than You Think You Are

Noise Ratchet - Till We Have Faces

Savage Garden - Savage Garden

Tool - 10,000 Days (official release, not a bootleg)

On 2/21/2017 at 6:22 AM, vinyl addict said:

Powerman 5000 - Mega!!Kung Fu Radio

Consider me a bit guilty for admitting this, but I liked the spit-shine they did on production value when Tonight the Stars Revolt! Came out. Surprised neither ever got a LP release.

Edited by neo_styles

46 minutes ago, neo_styles said:

Consider me a bit guilty for admitting this, but I liked the spit-shine they did on production value when Tonight the Stars Revolt! Came out. Surprised neither ever got a LP release.

Yeah not as big of a fan of that one, though I'd buy it if it were pressed. Mega! would be great though.

Chasing Victory - I Call This Abandonment

Secret Lives of The Freemasons - This Was Built to Make You Dance
Once Nothing - First Came The Law
With Blood Comes Cleansing - Golgotha
Life In Your Way - Waking Giants
Blessthefall - His Last Walk
Means - Sending You Strength
Scary Kids Scaring Kids - The City Sleeps In Flames

Folly - Insanity Later

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 11:34 AM, JorgeRodriguez689 said:

Chasing Victory - I Call This Abandonment

Secret Lives of The Freemasons - This Was Built to Make You Dance
Once Nothing - First Came The Law
With Blood Comes Cleansing - Golgotha
Life In Your Way - Waking Giants
Blessthefall - His Last Walk
Means - Sending You Strength
Scary Kids Scaring Kids - The City Sleeps In Flames

Folly - Insanity Later

Sending You Strength is up for pre-order:

http://merchnow.com/products/v2/249113/sending-you-strength-half-blackhalf-red

2 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Would buy this big time. Been sort of tempted by the the copies of the debut album Crosby's been selling lately but keep talking myself out of it. 

Did you change your mind and snagged the $15 used one on amazon? Need to get that one as well...

I loved NUDE like 10 years ago and listened to it again today...this really needs a vinyl press! It's so good!

BTW, what's up with these "Stripped" releases? Did I miss something?

52 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Did you change your mind and snagged the $15 used one on amazon? Need to get that one as well...

I loved NUDE like 10 years ago and listened to it again today...this really needs a vinyl press! It's so good!

BTW, what's up with these "Stripped" releases? Did I miss something?

Nah I haven't grabbed any used records that weren't in a store where I could physically check them in about 2 years.

Nude definitely does hold up very well and I go back to it on a semi-regularly basis.

The stripped releases were originally conceived as a way to drum up some cash for another full band album (kind of like the Jon Crosby  and Jon Crosby and the resonators stuff in his Generica series). They're acoustic re-recordings of full VAST albums  with the most recent one being re-recorded acoustic versions of material written before the debut album. Stripped Black is the only one that has had a vinyl release and thats a fully acoustic version of the debut album. Full 6 CD set is on sale for $29.95+p&p atm which I've also been tempted by but everything I've ordered from america has been hitting me hard with postage fees lately so again I've held off. 

Jon's also just released a book and I imagine he'll funnel some of his profit from that into new full band recordings.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

17 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I can't believe the first VAST album got pressed.... twice! I'm really shocked I haven't heard anything about it until now.  I'll probably grab one once I convince myself the nostalgia is worth it.

I still dig most of their albums except Music For People to be honest. Their debut hasn't aged half as badly as a lot of other early 2000's music I was into back in the day.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

Too many obscure Canadian indie-rock albums to mention, but let's start with Duotang's sophomore effort, 1998's third-wave-mod classic The Cons & The Pros (Yes, you're seeing that right: They're a bass-and-drums duo) as well as...

MI0000249469.jpg

...Bodega's final album, 2001's Without A Plan. If you understand what "produced by David Fridmann" means, then that's all you need to know. Otherwise, think The Beach Boys but also Lee Hazlewood and even Sean Lennon: Lush harmonies, oddball instruments and a keen sense of pop-songcraft.

MI0001968857.jpg

Finally, while Sianspheric are known for their first album Somnium from 1995 (which finally got its first vinyl pressing  a month back), their much more noisy second album, 1998's There's Always Someplace You'd Rather Be  that more or less anticipated the stripped-down dirty sound Mogwai would use on CODY a year later (and even their 2001 album The Sound of the Colour of the Sun) have yet to be pressed on vinyl.

a2072867141_10.jpg

Label Obscura and Paper Bag Vintage are trying to fix the lack of 90s Can Rock reissues/first vinyl releases but it's maybe the first thing I'd do with a decent bank loan tbh.

On 09/03/2017 at 4:20 PM, moonshiner said:

Azure Ray - Azure Ray

Azure Ray - Burn and Shiver

Camille - Le fil

Cat Power - Myra Lee

Fiona Apple - When the Pawn...

Keren Ann - Keren Ann

Keren Ann - Nolita

Scout Niblett - Sweet Heart Fever

Tinashe - Aquarius

Tinashe - Nightride

Lots of good choices. Especially Azure Ray!