Albums That Should Be Pressed on Vinyl

43 minutes ago, chamb117 said:

burden of a day has only been mentioned three times on this website, ever. this makes four. (one of them was in this thread for their album "oneonethousand.")

metalcore is mostly a shit genre but some really good bands came out of it and got no love. odd project is one of them. burden of a day is another. very few metalcore albums that are still listenable 10-15 years later. naturally they get compared to underoath because they're a florida-based christian post-hardcore band.

I can't believe I've never posted this album  in this topic before. The whole album is great, but holy shit, 'It's Lonely At the Top'...Good. Fucking. Lord.

5 minutes ago, MyckelJay said:

I made some mockups of 5 albums I'd love to see pressed on vinyl.

2qxyefd.jpg

A Skylit Drive - Rise

2vjubfa.jpg

Chiodos - Illuminaudio

4q38kz.jpg

All Time Low - The Party Scene

3142rrr.jpg

Escape The Fate - Dying Is Your Latest Fashion

vshvya.jpg

Get Scared - Demons (I'm not sure why this photo came out so big) 

Holy shit I had the same idea! How did you do it? I mean what program did you use?

1 minute ago, VinylMario said:

Holy shit I had the same idea! How did you do it? I mean what program did you use?

I make all my mockups on my iPhone. The app is called "Phonto." It's hands down the best free app for editing photos on the iPhone. I just start with a rectangular photo, then add the artwork, make a cool pattern with the circle shape, create my label, then export it. It's very easy once you familiarize yourself with the app.

3 minutes ago, MyckelJay said:

I make all my mockups on my iPhone. The app is called "Phonto." It's hands down the best free app for editing photos on the iPhone. I just start with a rectangular photo, then add the artwork, make a cool pattern with the circle shape, create my label, then export it. It's very easy once you familiarize yourself with the app.

Is there something for Android?

Chasing Victory - I Call This Abandonment

Secret Lives of The Freemasons - This Was Built to Make You Dance
Once Nothing - First Came The Law
With Blood Comes Cleansing - Golgotha
Life In Your Way - Waking Giants
Blessthefall - His Last Walk
Means - Sending You Strength
Scary Kids Scaring Kids - The City Sleeps In Flames

Folly - Insanity Later

Chasing Victory and blessthefall definitely need to happen!

Edited by MyckelJay
Wrong quote somehow?

12 hours ago, MyckelJay said:

Chasing Victory and blessthefall definitely need to happen!

My old band played at Cornerstone Florida in 07'.

Chasing Victory, As I Lay Dying, As Cities Burn, Maylene and The Sons of Disaster, The Chariot, Underoath, and The Almost played.

Looking back at it now, I was extremely lucky to have witnessed and been a part of this event.
August Burns Red, Throwdown, Haste The Day and The Red Baron were some of the other bands as well...

That Chasing Victory album was incredible to me during that time.

14 hours ago, MyckelJay said:

I made some mockups of 5 albums I'd love to see pressed on vinyl.

2qxyefd.jpg

A Skylit Drive - Rise

2vjubfa.jpg

Chiodos - Illuminaudio

4q38kz.jpg

All Time Low - The Party Scene

3142rrr.jpg

Escape The Fate - Dying Is Your Latest Fashion

vshvya.jpg

Get Scared - Demons (I'm not sure why this photo came out so big) 

Illuminaudio was great. My friend Brandon sang on that album and I dont feel like he got the credit he deserved. His voice is way more solid than Craig.

28 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

I have no clue. I'll google it real quick... "Emerald Moon Records". Never heard of them until now 

Sadly judging from a comment on the remastered version of the album on YouTube, they said they are trying to get the rights back to rerelease it, but it wasn't looking likely

52 minutes ago, bradrobins0n said:

Sadly judging from a comment on the remastered version of the album on YouTube, they said they are trying to get the rights back to rerelease it, but it wasn't looking likely

Bummer. I tried to view the labels website through a Wikipedia link but it doesn't work. The last album they released was in 2011. It looks like this is an Eyeball Records type of situation! 

Edited by Han Solo

3 hours ago, VinylMario said:

I wish record labels would look at our pleas...

4 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Bummer. I tried to view the labels website through a Wikipedia link but it doesn't work. The last album they released was in 2011. It looks like this is an Eyeball Records type of situation! 

I messaged All Time Low on Facebook asking about it, I highly doubt that they'll see and/or respond. Worth a try though I guess.

Edited by bradrobins0n

On 4/3/2017 at 2:45 PM, zuck said:

I can't believe I've never posted this album  in this topic before. The whole album is great, but holy shit, 'It's Lonely At the Top'...Good. Fucking. Lord.

ha, same! i'm spinning (so to speak) the shit out of it again lately. "battle for hoth" is an all-timer for me. just a structure-less gem. about peter pan, no less.

Edited by chamb117