Albums That Should Be Pressed on Vinyl

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2016 at 6:07 PM, Tom Servo said:

Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days/Wither Blister Burn and Peel (Man, I wish they'd regroup; The Dreaming is just so mediocre and derivative)

OSI - OSI, Free, Blood 

Boris - Heavy Rocks orange cover/2002

I can't believe none of these have been pressed, especially the OSI and Boris. C'mon, all I want to do is give you people my money!

I was just listening to Stabbing Westward's Darkest Days, thinking about how much I'd like to have it on vinyl, as well as Wither, Blister, Burn and Peel.

7 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Looks like they've been playing quite a few shows lately. Maybe it'll happen.

I see that too.  I just sent them a message on fb, maybe i'll get a response.  It can't be the first time they've been asked.  To get a properly remastered from original master tapes copy of Darkest Days and WBBP would definitely be a shut up and take my money situation.  I'd gladly fork over $50 for each, no regrets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the news that Tommy Keene has passed away, I'd love for 1998's Isolation Party (Matador), 2002's The Merry Go Round Broke Down (spinArt), 2006's Crashing The Ether (Eleven Thirty) and finally 2009's Into The Late Bright (Second Motion) to all find their way to vinyl. I know it's 4 different labels so the impetus to have a concerted release is nil, but I can always hope.

16 minutes ago, tackman said:

With the news that Tommy Keene has passed away, I'd love for 1998's Isolation Party (Matador), 2002's The Merry Go Round Broke Down (spinArt), 2006's Crashing The Ether (Eleven Thirty) and finally 2009's Into The Late Bright (Second Motion) to all find their way to vinyl. I know it's 4 different labels so the impetus to have a concerted release is nil, but I can always hope.

Yes! So sad to hear the news about Keene today. Isolation Party in particular is my favourite and I can’t even seem to find it on streaming services at the moment....

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2017 at 5:46 PM, VinylMario said:

I wish record labels would look at our pleas...

Or in other words... I wish record labels would let me give them my money. 

Now that it's 2018 I have 4 that I've mentioned before, but that are now almost all 10 Year Anniversary releases so maybe.
1. The Snake The Cross The Crown  - Cotton Teeth

2. Noah and the Whale - Peaceful the World Lays Me Down

3. Fear Before  - ST

4. Passion Pit  - Chunk of Change

Been wanting the whole Noah and the Whale discography for a while which makes no sense since they were such a huge band in the UK. Hopefully, that 10-year release will spark it off.  Fear Before hopefully because EV just did a repress of their earlier album, so hopefully. And finally, we've already been promised those Passion Pit reissues for like 2 years now and ever newsletter signups. I don't how they didn't release already with his little mini tour that he did last month. Hoping for 2018 since it's a 10 Year Anniversary there as well.

5 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Now that it's 2018 I have 4 that I've mentioned before, but that are now almost all 10 Year Anniversary releases so maybe.

2. Noah and the Whale - Peaceful the World Lays Me Down

3. Fear Before  - ST

4. Passion Pit  - Chunk of Change

Been wanting the whole Noah and the Whale discography for a while which makes no sense since they were such a huge band in the UK. Hopefully, that 10-year release will spark it off.  Fear Before hopefully because EV just did a repress of their earlier album, so hopefully. And finally, we've already been promised those Passion Pit reissues for like 2 years now and ever newsletter signups. I don't how they didn't release already with his little mini tour that he did last month. Hoping for 2018 since it's a 10 Year Anniversary there as well.

It’s my #1 wish, but I’ve given up on Cotton Teeth.  I just don’t see the demand for a band that has essentially disappeared. As I’ve mentioned, ETR was maybe going to press it a few years ago, but I’m not sure it fits their type of release anymore. Such a shame. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it has been mentioned in here but the old SNES game Tetris Attack had some PHENOMENAL music... If anyone has played it before, you know...

Could be 2xLP easy with each song transitioning into its alternate B-track for a minute or so & then fade out into the next.. 

Man this would be a dream come true...

Here is the OST for any curious souls as well as my favorite track from the game :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPQfSkw4hSY

Edited by e_pott

On 1/1/2018 at 8:29 AM, MCDELTAT said:

I would love to see this get pressed. Great record!

Here's a few I'd like to see. Some are obvious (uhhh, obviously). Heavy on 90's/early 2000's stuff.

First Issues:

-Fountains Of Wayne: Welcome Interstate Managers and Traffic And Weather(license these two to Yep Roc, as they did an excellent job with their other three albums. I can't fathom why WIM in particular has not been pressed)

-Harvey Danger: King James Version (No Sleep did an awesome press of Merrymakers, they should get the license for this one too)

-Tears For Fears: Raoul & The Kings Of Spain

-Flickerstick: Welcoming Home The Astronauts and Tarantula (seriously Idol, get on these)

-Garbage: Bleed Like Me

Reissues:

-All 90's and 2000's U2. There was a recent repress of Atomic Bomb that was literally a first press recreation, and that's what I want for these other five albums-no remastering, no "deluxe editions", no "definitive versions", no nothing. Just put these five back in circulation as they were.

-Tears For Fears: Elemental and Everybody Loves A Happy Ending (there was a promo version of ELAHE, but no wide release. And we are getting into Chinese Democracy territory regarding their new album)

-Belly: King

-Garbage: Version 2.0 and Beautifulgarbage

-Hum: Downward Is Heavenward (yeah, I'll pile on to this one)

-Death: Symbolic (let Relapse give it the proper treatment)

-Devin Townsend: Ki, Addicted, Ghost, and Epicloud

-Husker Du: the remaining catalog. Fuck all the bullshit squabbling, get everything to Numero and get these out.

-Smashing Pumpkins: Machina 1 to complete the original reissue series (it's nonsense this has not been released yet, when it is otherwise allegedly ready to go)

At this point, I'm realizing that I am just going through my digital collection alphabetically and stream of consciously just riffing here, so I'm gonna stop myself before this post gets unmanageably large.

1 hour ago, DASiano said:

Here's a few I'd like to see. Some are obvious (uhhh, obviously). Heavy on 90's/early 2000's stuff.

First Issues:

-Fountains Of Wayne: Welcome Interstate Managers and Traffic And Weather(license these two to Yep Roc, as they did an excellent job with their other three albums. I can't fathom why WIM in particular has not been pressed)

-Harvey Danger: King James Version (No Sleep did an awesome press of Merrymakers, they should get the license for this one too)

-Tears For Fears: Raoul & The Kings Of Spain

-Flickerstick: Welcoming Home The Astronauts and Tarantula (seriously Idol, get on these)

-Garbage: Bleed Like Me

Reissues:

-All 90's and 2000's U2. There was a recent repress of Atomic Bomb that was literally a first press recreation, and that's what I want for these other five albums-no remastering, no "deluxe editions", no "definitive versions", no nothing. Just put these five back in circulation as they were.

-Tears For Fears: Elemental and Everybody Loves A Happy Ending (there was a promo version of ELAHE, but no wide release. And we are getting into Chinese Democracy territory regarding their new album)

-Belly: King

-Garbage: Version 2.0 and Beautifulgarbage

-Hum: Downward Is Heavenward (yeah, I'll pile on to this one)

-Death: Symbolic (let Relapse give it the proper treatment)

-Devin Townsend: Ki, Addicted, Ghost, and Epicloud

-Husker Du: the remaining catalog. Fuck all the bullshit squabbling, get everything to Numero and get these out.

-Smashing Pumpkins: Machina 1 to complete the original reissue series (it's nonsense this has not been released yet, when it is otherwise allegedly ready to go)

At this point, I'm realizing that I am just going through my digital collection alphabetically and stream of consciously just riffing here, so I'm gonna stop myself before this post gets unmanageably large.

Flickerstick would be. So.Good.

So would the Seven Deadly Sins Soundtrack. Anyone watch this show? So fun. Good action. A bit pervier (real word?) than expected. Enjoyed

51VZWmu2qjL.jpg