TWIN PEAKS (The 90's show & its return) Discussion - Beware of Spoilers!

I think I'm going to start watching this soon. All my friends are always raving about it.

Also, I watched AMC's The Killing, and it's pretty good. It's a little slow moving at times, but it kept my interest, and the acting is great. It's getting Twin Peaks comparisons since it takes place in Washington and is about the investigation into a girl's murder. I recommend it.

Twin Peaks is an all-time favorite of mine. I watched it when it originally aired, and my wife and I got the gold edition DVD set a few years ago and watched the series from beginning to end. Season 2 is a bit of a stretch, but overall very good.

Make sure when you finish the series you watch the movie: "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me."

I'd say that Bob is probably among the best villains in television history.

this is my summary of the season finale:

boring, boring, this is the worst police work i have ever seen in my life, boring, boring, ok there's no way this guy is actually the killer cuz it's too obvious and anti-climactic, WHAT THE HELL?!

I didn't think it was boring, but I knew it would take a turn, I just didn't know which way. (Don't want to spoil it if people haven't watched).

boring, boring, this is the worst police work i have ever seen in my life, boring, boring, ok there's no way this guy is actually the killer cuz it's too obvious and anti-climactic, WHAT THE HELL?!

I didn't think it was boring, but I knew it would take a turn, I just didn't know which way. (Don't want to spoil it if people haven't watched).

yeah, i figured there would be a big twist at the end. at first i was a little disappointed that they didn't reveal who the killer was, but only because i had just assumed that they would based on their teasers leading up to the finale. however, upon ruminating on it all, i've decided that it was a good finale.

but seriously - what police officer just shows up at suspects' houses randomly just to have a heated and bizarre conversation/screaming match with them, then leave just as suddenly as they showed up?

edit: AND who lets someone out on bail for beating someone to within an inch of their life that close to their victim in the hospital? if someone beats me up can they really just waltz in to the hospital where i'm being treated and watch me through a window?

I actually wasn't entirely sure if it was just going to end or have a twist. It just seemed like such a closed case toward the end, until I noticed there was like 10 minutes left. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens. I think there's a lot they can do with it.

Also, one more thing about The Killing. Did anyone else notice that the actors playing both Detective Lindin's ex and her new fiance were main characters in Battlestar Galactica? That was kind of an odd coincidence.

Actually this is what made the show (The Killing not Twin Peaks) disconnect for me. I cannot imagine Michelle Forbes playing any other charactor than Admiral Cain. I absolutely despised her character on BSG so I have a hard time getting beyond that hatred.

Also... the owls are not what they seem.

Also, one more thing about The Killing. Did anyone else notice that the actors playing both Detective Lindin's ex and her new fiance were main characters in Battlestar Galactica? That was kind of an odd coincidence.

Actually this is what made the show (The Killing not Twin Peaks) disconnect for me. I cannot imagine Michelle Forbes playing any other charactor than Admiral Cain. I absolutely despised her character on BSG so I have a hard time getting beyond that hatred.

Also... the owls are not what they seem.

Haha...I didn't even realize that was Admiral Cain until just now! I hated her, too.